O'Bree interested in Melb

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard the same rumour as well, pick 39 or 40. something like that. o'bree could strengthen the melbourne midfield and you never know your luck, you could get a gun at pick 40. Collingwood picked up ben johnson at pick 63. being a brisbane supporter, i think this sounds like a fair trade with both sides winning on this one. what does everyone else think?

guess_who said:
Melbourne would never ever do that, No way in hell. Collingwood would need to throw in a first round draft pick and even then the deal would be dodgey.

First Round!!?? The initial proposal, with O'Bree and pick 40 sounds pretty reasonable. It's obviously a good deal for Collingwood. I think O'Bree and Johnstone need a change and this trade might suit both parties.

I think you are all underestimating O'Bree. Melbourne need a player that gets under the pack like he does, that is what Melbourne lack, a hard in and under player.

The only hard in and under player on Collingwoods list is woewoddin.

Buckley is a receiver, Tarrant can't kick goals or take contested marks.

I reckon 28 players on the Pies list would struggle at any other club, other than say heidelberg.

Pottsie said:

I don't mind Woewodin as a player, but you won't gain much credibility with statements like that. ;)

As for O'bree and Pick 40, it may depend on how close TJ goes to the PSD, and if Melbourne are prepared to sacrifice him. If it was a dead set last resort, they may just cut their losses. On the surface, the deal appears to favout Collingwood, but circumstances could also come into it as well. Ron Joseph might have a fair say in it.

Pottsie said:

I reckon 28 players on the Pies list would struggle at any other club, other than say heidelberg.

If you're going to say what you want to believe, that's fine. Buckley a receiver? You're about 10 years too late on that one. Tarrant can't take a contested mark? Just go and watch the 3 Queen's Birthday matches when he actually played. He only averages 50 goals a season because he goes out and takes his marks outside 50. We could easily just sit him in the goalsquare but that would be wasting him. He creates more goals than he kicks.

Pottsie said:

He can't take contested marks?

HA! School holidays finish in afew days. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pottsie said:

:D
Have you ever watched a game of football in your life?

Firstly, i'm a fan of Woey, but calling him a "hard" player is simply laughable.

Bucks is a receiver? Despite the fact he has had more hard ball gets in our side than Scott Burns?

Tarrant can't kick goals? I can't believe i'm hearing a Melbourne fan is saying that! Considering he has made your side his personal biatch every Queen's Birthday for the last five or so years.

As for the O'bree/pick 40 deal. You would be getting absolutely ripped.

woey is a cat. we should try and trade him and get someone half decent. he is too soft, too slow and if you actually watch him, everytime he takes a mark, he takes half an hour to get rid of it. he slows up the game to much and doesn't suit our running game. goodbye woey if i had it my way.

you idiot sheehan said:
First Round!!?? The initial proposal, with O'Bree and pick 40 sounds pretty reasonable. It's obviously a good deal for Collingwood. I think O'Bree and Johnstone need a change and this trade might suit both parties.
o'bree is crap

I am sick of the Woewodin bagging by our own supporters.
Woewodin is a solid player. He is not an in-and-under player but CAN be adept at that. He is a good mix of an inside and outside midfielder. He can look soft at times, but is not a soft player. When Collingwood player a crap game, he is the one who takes the blame, often unfairly, due to one action that epitimises the crap game we were playing. Earlier in the year, he did not go for overheard marks when a player was charging for the same ball or he dropped them all the time, now when Woey is in the same position he has taken them confidently. Collingwood supporters should know what I'm talking about, remember in the early 5 or so rounds, when Woey had to go for an overhead mark we all would think "oh no! don't kick it to him in this situation". He will most likely finish in our top 3 best and fairest this year.

"I think you are all underestimating O'Bree."

Maybe we are underestimating O'Bree, BUT it's not like we're talking about a nothing footballer. Travis is close to the most talented player in the comp (talent does not equal actual best)
A trade for O'bree and a low draft pick would be a waste and an embarrasment to the ppl at the MFC who have put 7 years into TJ's development.
Sure O'Bree is ok but let's face it he's no star

cant believe u would think off recruiting o bree for such a talented player even tho he is inconsistent so is o 'bree bloody hell i nearly had a heart attack

MFC i agree wit u

Remove this Banner Ad

O'Bree interested in Melb

Remove this Banner Ad

Back