Off-Field Umpires - the only way to improve

Is Off-field Umpires the way to go?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we the worst club when it comes to whinging about umpires?
Sydney seem bad, but our whinging about them seems worse than their whinging.
Every thread currently seems to have umpire or Beveridge tears.
I make a point of not watching the footy shows regularly,with the exception of AFL360 which I watch semi-regularly.

This week I accidentally turned on to Tom Morris show (thought he was just radio), to see him talking about players who milk free kicks and had some footage of Libba playing years ago, then came across The Couch bufffoons blaming Naughty for getting his knee hurt because he didn’t dispose of the ball, and another couple of examples of singling out Bulldogs players by other commentators.

Then we see our players being umpired differently, also noticed by neutral supporters. Any connections to this?

I make a point of not watching the footy shows regularly,with the exception of AFL360 which I watch semi-regularly.

This week I accidentally turned on to Tom Morris show (thought he was just radio), to see him talking about players who milk free kicks and had some footage of Libba playing years ago, then came across The Couch bufffoons blaming Naughty for getting his knee hurt because he didn’t dispose of the ball, and another couple of examples of singling out Bulldogs players by other commentators.

Then we see our players being umpired differently, also noticed by neutral supporters. Any connections to this?
In the absence of any evidence either way I am undecided between two competing hypotheses:
  1. It's a media conspiracy to condition the footy world that we're cheats, stagers, divers, etc and the umpires are buying into it.
  2. Yes, there is a connection running through it all - paranoia.
To adapt an old saying, when it comes to a choice between conspiracy and paranoia, go for paranoia every time.*

* But both can be simultaneously true!

In the absence of any evidence either way I am undecided between two competing hypotheses:
  1. It's a media conspiracy to condition the footy world that we're cheats, stagers, divers, etc and the umpires are buying into it.
  2. Yes, there is a connection running through it all - paranoia.
To adapt an old saying, when it comes to a choice between conspiracy and paranoia, go for paranoia every time.*

Well, I hope it is paranoia DW, we seem to have become completely invisible to the random collective that masquerade as AFL journalists, except when there is a negative angle they can squeeze out, ie Bulldogs not disposing of the ball.

* But both can be simultaneously true!

Back