Visy park
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Guys feel free to post your welcome comments

Blues ya gotta love em

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...016140,00.html
SWANS star Ryan O'Keefe is heading for the AFL pre-season draft and a future at either Essendon or Port Adelaide unless Carlton can come up with a deal to satisfy Sydney before today's 2pm trade deadline. Talk of the Swans' star forward set to join 2008 premiers Hawthorn was just that - all talk - with a source close to O'Keefe revealing the Hawks were never in the picture during trade week.
Reports out of Hawthorn that O'Keefe wanted to be in Hawks colours next season and was even prepared to accept less money than the Swans' $1.4 million deal over three years after meeting with their coach Alastair Clarkson and chief executive Ian Robson in Sydney on Wednesday afternoon simply weren't true.
"Ryan was never going to Hawthorn, period," the source said. "He never had any desire to play for the Hawks."
O'Keefe has made it clear to Swans coach Paul Roos that he wants to go to Carlton after backing out of a verbal agreement over a new lucrative deal, and Sydney remain adamant they want at least a first-round draft pick in return.

The problem for O'Keefe, who has reportedly put a $600,000 price tag on himself, is that Carlton, who have pick No. 6 overall and have previously stated that it's not up for a trade, haven't even made an initial approach to Sydney.
"I said to Ryan (yesterday) 'they (Carlton) better start talking to us otherwise you are going into the pre-season draft'. Both Essendon and Port Adelaide have indicated to us they would take him in the pre-season draft," Roos said.
With the O'Keefe situation at a stalemate Roos conceded that the Swans need to move quickly today - with or without a deal for O'Keefe - if they are going to salvage anything out of trade week. "We are going to have to work on the assumption that he's going so we will start to look around now, we can't just sit on our hands," he said.
IT'S GANNA BE A VERY INTERESTING DAY.

I must admit I would have liked to see him in the league's best forwardline next year but not at that stupid salary and with Sydney taking one of our young guns. I hope Carlton give up their first pick and it really comes back to bite them in the arse later on. ROK is a good player but considering how far away from a flag the blues are, you should be sticki g with youth or it's your funeral

I must admit I would have liked to see him in the league's best forwardline next year but not at that stupid salary and with Sydney taking one of our young guns. I hope Carlton give up their first pick and it really comes back to bite them in the arse later on. ROK is a good player but considering how far away from a flag the blues are, you should be sticki g with youth or it's your funeral

Thats pretty much spot on Nev, and the funny thing is every carltank supporter in the country is gloating about it. They will hit the brick wall soon enough.

Someone else bookmark it! (My bookmarks folder is full of pr0n)

No bookmark required Nev, Poo Missile blows his mouth off every second day,... he'll be saying the same thing at the end of R20 when Carltank are 4 games out of the 8.

Did anyone click the link?

--------------------------------------------------------
Page Not Found

We could not find the page you requested. This is either because:

• There's an error in the address or link you have entered in your browser;
  • There's a technical issue and the page has not been properly published;
  • It is an older article that has been removed from the site.
If you believe that this is a technical error, please contact us and tell us the location of this page.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Did anyone click the link?

--------------------------------------------------------
Page Not Found

We could not find the page you requested. This is either because:

• There's an error in the address or link you have entered in your browser;
  • There's a technical issue and the page has not been properly published;
  • It is an older article that has been removed from the site.
If you believe that this is a technical error, please contact us and tell us the location of this page.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24471785-23211,00.html

Thats pretty much spot on Nev, and the funny thing is every carltank supporter in the country is gloating about it. They will hit the brick wall soon enough.
Agree to a certain extent with you guys. Wouldn't trade our 1st pick for anyone and neither are likely to come to Carlton. It's just plain media speculation. We're better off continuing to build from the start with draft picks. Even by Bay 13 standards this thread really sucks bad. And he's started a thread similar to this on the Carlton Board. God help the decent Carlton supporters.:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome Mr Warnock you will be joined soon by ROK.

Warnock + Special K now that has to be the two most exciting young ruckman in the game.

HERE THE BLUES COME

Warnock is promising but Ordinary K is just another Josh Fraser.

Leuenberger will be the dominant ruckman in a few years.

Cain Ackland was promising also.

Honestly:

I would rather have kept pick 24 than trading it for Warnock. Most overhyped bloke since Jesus. Could turn out ok but there's nothing that stands out that says that he will.

ROK would have been a great get... 2-3 years ago.

Honestly:

I would rather have kept pick 24 than trading it for Warnock. Most overhyped bloke since Jesus. Could turn out ok but there's nothing that stands out that says that he will.

ROK would have been a great get... 2-3 years ago.

Yes but he would of been a lot more expensive to, you have a slight possibility of getting him for nothing now!.

Remove this Banner Ad

OFFICAL WELCOME ROK & Warnock Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back