Official 18's GVFL Thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Offical 18's gvfl thread

Rochester Vs Kyabram
Shepp United Vs Benalla
Shepp Vs Mooroopna (very underrated lookin at thier line up)
Seymour Vs Tatura

All to be very close matches, bar the ky match.. looking at the line ups all teams are pretty strong and it should be a better and tighter comp from last season..
Goodluck to everyone tomorrow :thumbsu:

Can anyone tell me how the Kyabram midfield is shaping up, who's there gun players to look out for?

Ty Guiney would probably be the best of them.. played u16s bushies last year and got cut from u18s this year... good player will kill it in 3rds

Can anyone tell me how the Kyabram midfield is shaping up, who's there gun players to look out for?
KYABRAM
S. Nelson, T. Warren, B. Orr T. Guiney N. Beck, B. Edwards B. Vick-Ward, X. Hilton, R Thomson will all be key players for kyabram this week with a few more to come into the line up.
Midfield will have Guiney Hilton and Vick-Ward
Vick-ward new to the club has done well in pracy matches, Guiney and Hilton both on ballers from last years side both have alot of ability and will need to be key players for the thirds to have successes this year.
does anyone eles have information on kys line up

ROCHESTER
B: B. Robinson, . HB: L. Gibney, . C: T. Hand, J. Holmberg, S. Howard. HF: C. Egan, , M. Chisholm. F: J. McCormack, , T. Letcher. Foll: Inter: B. Madill, J. Causer.
can any one shed light on what these players are all like?
they make up the bulk of rochesters side and i wonder how they all go?

KYABRAM
S. Nelson, T. Warren, B. Orr T. Guiney N. Beck, B. Edwards B. Vick-Ward, X. Hilton, R Thomson will all be key players for kyabram this week with a few more to come into the line up.
Midfield will have Guiney Hilton and Vick-Ward
Vick-ward new to the club has done well in pracy matches, Guiney and Hilton both on ballers from last years side both have alot of ability and will need to be key players for the thirds to have successes this year.
does anyone eles have information on kys line up

tom warren is new to the club but should be a handy recruit and will fill the centre half back position giving run, brad orr has played a few senior praccy matches and has not looked out of place so should play well in the 3rds hilton guiney and edwards are all good midfielders/flankers who can run with it and nathan beck looks like he can take a gam eon his own. kyabrams depth is there main worry with a few out but should remain competitive and try and push for a finals berth.

tom warren is new to the club but should be a handy recruit and will fill the centre half back position giving run, brad orr has played a few senior praccy matches and has not looked out of place so should play well in the 3rds hilton guiney and edwards are all good midfielders/flankers who can run with it and nathan beck looks like he can take a gam eon his own. kyabrams depth is there main worry with a few out but should remain competitive and try and push for a finals berth.

I hope your not talking about the pracky against tonny, he struggled

Rochester Vs Kyabram
Shepp United Vs Benalla
Shepp Vs Mooroopna (very underrated lookin at thier line up)
Seymour Vs Tatura

All to be very close matches, bar the ky match.. looking at the line ups all teams are pretty strong and it should be a better and tighter comp from last season..
Goodluck to everyone tomorrow :thumbsu:
you were wrong about the ky much buddy it was quite the opposite to your prediction

you were wrong about the ky much buddy it was quite the opposite to your prediction
and the tat v seymore match! tat gettin up by 80 points.. wat an effort! although i have been told they dont have much, and tat have an even balance of good guys in there team.. how much did ky win by? great effort ky!

Correct. Ky 3rds played quite well yesterday and rochy were sh@thouse.

Sore Ryan Butler in the seniors who i've noticed has been talked about abit on here, he wasn't much. Kicked a couple cheap goals and was quick but wasn't anything special.. struggled reading the play abit. i think he relied too much on his pace and it actually disadvantaged the team at stages..he stuffed around with the ball out on the flanks (side stepping players) then putting shit kicks to Paul Newman (who had already made a lead expecting the ball to be kicked long and direct) and it just didnt give him much of a chance. I'd Say "butsy" needs to go back to the 3rds and put together more of a game. Not the first time i've seen the kid play, showed lots of promise years ago but hasn't really come far at all.. unfortunatly still plays the same game that he did years ago when he was 14 years old, which is a shame.

and the tat v seymore match! tat gettin up by 80 points.. wat an effort! although i have been told they dont have much, and tat have an even balance of good guys in there team.. how much did ky win by? great effort ky!
100 points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sore Ryan Butler in the seniors who i've noticed has been talked about abit on here, he wasn't much. Kicked a couple cheap goals and was quick but wasn't anything special.. struggled reading the play abit. i think he relied too much on his pace and it actually disadvantaged the team at stages..he stuffed around with the ball out on the flanks (side stepping players) then putting shit kicks to Paul Newman (who had already made a lead expecting the ball to be kicked long and direct) and it just didnt give him much of a chance. I'd Say "butsy" needs to go back to the 3rds and put together more of a game. Not the first time i've seen the kid play, showed lots of promise years ago but hasn't really come far at all.. unfortunatly still plays the same game that he did years ago when he was 14 years old, which is a shame.

I watched the 3rds and thought Rochy went ok considering it was 15 v 18 players. I personally think Ky were average as they didn't exploit Rochy with the extra 3 players. Sure they kicked some goals, but no where near enough.

Butler went ok in the first half when the ball was coming in quickly but isn't very accountable and lurks quite a lot. Started to get found out in the second half when Rochy started running off him.

I watched the 3rds and thought Rochy went ok considering it was 15 v 18 players. I personally think Ky were average as they didn't exploit Rochy with the extra 3 players. Sure they kicked some goals, but no where near enough.

this wouldnt prove anything, the three players were played deep in back line as to keep game open and fair.

I think that everyone on here expects to much from butsy. His only 168cm and about 63kg and everyone reckons he should b kicking 6 goals a game or sumthin. u say he got cheap goals but his a small forward n its his job to get those sort of goals. Dont u think that with his pace he would b told to take them on which is y he tries to side step n get around opponets. u reckon he had a shit game n should go back to thirds but he still got in the best n was told by the bushys who had people watchin the game that he played well

y did rochy only have 15 players. They had a full side in the paper on fridy. Did they have some out threw pioners?

y did rochy only have 15 players. They had a full side in the paper on fridy. Did they have some out threw pioners?

Rochester didnt have anyone out with pioneers except scott oakley who played under 16s... other pioneers players for Rochester is Robert Tuohey but he is getting over a knee injury so is running around with Rochy 3rds to build fitness........ Rochester named a full side in the paper due to lack of organisation by the coaches in not knowing who was playing or not...

Rochester didnt have anyone out with pioneers except scott oakley who played under 16s... other pioneers players for Rochester is Robert Tuohey but he is getting over a knee injury so is running around with Rochy 3rds to build fitness........ Rochester named a full side in the paper due to lack of organisation by the coaches in not knowing who was playing or not...

Utility you know as well as I do, Robert Tuohey is a hack. He should be playing 3rds all year. He struggles

Tom rockliff came back from injury and played in the seniors for benalla against united. Anyone tell me how he went? i heard he was ordinary.

Can anybody tell me who Benallas stand out players will be this yr? i kno they have about 5 in the bushies and a few playin seniors, but apart from the guns, who have they got?

Tom rockliff came back from injury and played in the seniors for benalla against united. Anyone tell me how he went? i heard he was ordinary.
he wasnt ordinary, it was his first game in 9 months and he done well for himself, but he wouldnt be happy with how he played because he expects alot from himself, but i think every1 is happy that he is back playin and contributing.

Can anybody tell me who Benallas stand out players will be this yr? i kno they have about 5 in the bushies and a few playin seniors, but apart from the guns, who have they got?
James Dalton #5 CHF/CHB good kick good hands, strong, Brendan Derbyshire #17 C/HF/HB solid kid gets his own ball, Josh Challis #12 W/HF tall skinny kid who can get his own ball and dos use it well, Jack Gallagher#14 W Quick and runs all day is a good attacking player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad