Official 18's GVFL Thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Offical 18's gvfl thread

littlefooty said:
yeh, u guys sure could work alot out about me from that one post, what kind of person i am and my entire football history. only thing u forgot was the U18 premreship medal i have, but other than that it was some really good stuff. wasnt saying that the KD > GV, no one's that ignorant, just that avenel > seymour. call me disrespectful, but the way u've come out blowing ur own horn and saying how great u are how ur gonna pi$$ in the premreship doesnt show much respect to other teams that can actually play football. if u guys are gonna be premiers, as so many of you have claimed, then one would assume you guys would beat kyabram this week. any of u guys care to put ur money where your mouth is and predict how u'll against the bombers?
littlefooty, good point buddy.. seymour boys you shouldn't be talking yourselves up this much, the big games are yet to come. A little enthusiasm is good but claiming to be flag contenders and a finals team is a bit much after the 3RD ROUND!! Come on fellas, no offence at all, but a bit of respect to the other teams in the league who have really shined so far in the season. Seymour hosts Kyabram this week which will really test the Lions, and will see whether or not the Thirds boys will be there in September. Cheers

littlefooty said:
yeh, u guys sure could work alot out about me from that one post, what kind of person i am and my entire football history. only thing u forgot was the U18 premreship medal i have, but other than that it was some really good stuff. wasnt saying that the KD > GV, no one's that ignorant, just that avenel > seymour. call me disrespectful, but the way u've come out blowing ur own horn and saying how great u are how ur gonna pi$$ in the premreship doesnt show much respect to other teams that can actually play football. if u guys are gonna be premiers, as so many of you have claimed, then one would assume you guys would beat kyabram this week. any of u guys care to put ur money where your mouth is and predict how u'll against the bombers?

Ok mini footy can you or anyone else for that matter please quote a post from a seymour player declaring premiership favouritism or that they will :D:D:D:D the flag in? I haven't read any comments like this? And im sure the young lions are too smart to think like that considering the only real test they have had (benalla) resulted in a loss! As for the call that avenal is > then seymour, you my friend appear to be 'that' ignorant, enough said!!!

i hear the young cubs are flying at seymour! Have heard assistant coach muir is taking all the praise! Don't let this happen barrell, muir will shaft u for the top job when he gets his first opportunity!!

jazzy said:
i hear the young cubs are flying at seymour! Have heard assistant coach muir is taking all the praise! Don't let this happen barrell, muir will shaft u for the top job when he gets his first opportunity!!

yeah fair call jazzy, muir thinks he is running the side but really he changes a couple of magnets around on the board and encourages a bit...(while making sure his superstar son:rolleyes: gets 4 quarters pftt)... and thats when he is at training or games... barrel is ten times the coach tim could ever be( not exaggerating to get a game either) and wouldnt be stupid enough to let muir shaft him... GO LIONS

sorry everyone, the hacker has been at work again.. got a feeling someone is trying to stir the pot...

waddo #6 said:
yeah fair call jazzy, muir thinks he is running the side but really he changes a couple of magnets around on the board and encourages a bit...(while making sure his superstar son:rolleyes: gets 4 quarters pftt)... and thats when he is at training or games... barrel is ten times the coach tim could ever be( not exaggerating to get a game either) and wouldnt be stupid enough to let muir shaft him... GO LIONS

Fair point waddo, but he doesn't have to give up his personal time to HELP out the club, and fair enough to pay-out the coaching of the club 2 if ya like, but really it comes down to the 22 blokes that run out on a satdy morning.. and while i'm on the running of the club, how about some blokes in the team get fair dinkim bout there footy and step up to the u/18's mentality, and leave there u/11's brains at home when they run out on the trainin track (not everyone on the team) or this club is going no where!

Seymour Thirds seem to be the only people posting on here, and i find it quite pointless, at least 6 people on this thread are from the team. No doubt most of 'em are great blokes but if your intending on posting make it something decent, not just b*ll:D:D:D:D:D lashing your own assistant coach. C'mon boys a bit of respect. Besides the fact that his son, "Girls" the attack on the ball, thats no reason to lash his father, great bloke and has some great ideas on how to address the game. Can i ask could we please get some information about other teams in the league, and what the Home and Away season is going to end up like.... Cheers

Hey fellas just wondering who is in your interleague under 17s squad an if the team willany good, i expect u'll b a very very handy side

To answer your team Nesko i believe that all the boys that make the under 18 side cannot try out for the under 17, correct if i am wrong though. There is a nubmer of younger players trying for 18's this year and have shown in recent years that they are a good age group. I would say that the under 17 group will be a handy team but would not be near full strength as id say a few bottom age boys will play 18's interleague.

hey lads wasn't having a go at the assistant, i agree he's a great bloke. just having a joke around and i'm sure he'd see the funny side.

i bet your happy now doona you didn't take the job hey??

the u/17 could always been a good side, but as had happened in recent year players haven't shown that greater commitment to the side. The main reasons for this happening is the format that it is play and also the the venue. they being in moama in a lighting premiership style format (although it was just played in one game last year because of lack of teams). Last years team copped a belting at the hands of the murray league and it would surprise me if it doesn't happen again if the good players don't want to put there hands up and play for their league. Regardless of the format and venue players should be proud to represent their league in interleague football

ky thirds have been reasonable form so far knocking off what will probably be 2 of the higher placed teams in benella and mansfield. There game against mansfield was a scrappy game where they showed some really character when challenged by the mansfield on there own turf, without any standouts just scraped home.
From last weeks game you could not really rate it as benella was left one short after soeone got sick on the bus trip over. Players that showed some better form were benny gentle, ryan jones dominated in the ruck, simon walsh and xav hilton on there wings and sneaking up on most was frank besim who managed to put through 6 without many people realising.
Really looking forward to there match this week with seymore as they seem to be in some good form. will still need an improved effort on last week. hopefully we will have inclusions from last week and some of the boys to shake of a few injuries. Tom pryde has been struggling of late and is due for a big one and jungle martin my be back in the thirds so he will also be looking for a big one.
Hope that gives ya boys a bit of an update.
Wouldn't mind hearin some news from shepp way?

nomis#17 said:
ky thirds have been reasonable form so far knocking off what will probably be 2 of the higher placed teams in benella and mansfield. There game against mansfield was a scrappy game where they showed some really character when challenged by the mansfield on there own turf, without any standouts just scraped home.
From last weeks game you could not really rate it as benella was left one short after soeone got sick on the bus trip over. Players that showed some better form were benny gentle, ryan jones dominated in the ruck, simon walsh and xav hilton on there wings and sneaking up on most was frank besim who managed to put through 6 without many people realising.
Really looking forward to there match this week with seymore as they seem to be in some good form. will still need an improved effort on last week. hopefully we will have inclusions from last week and some of the boys to shake of a few injuries. Tom pryde has been struggling of late and is due for a big one and jungle martin my be back in the thirds so he will also be looking for a big one.
Hope that gives ya boys a bit of an update.
Wouldn't mind hearin some news from shepp way?

I'm sure that alot of u guys have read the draw, the shepp news, or even done geography at school.(Supposing that u are still allowed to study.)
Seymour is spelt with mour and not more.

And on the coaching of seymour, i wouldnt expect anyone to be taking the credit for anything. they have only won two games. its not like they have won a flag yet or anything like that. at the moment it is just the beginings of a good team. but they still have a long way to go. all the best too all for the coming weekends matches.;) :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Benalla 3rds were really understrength against ky on saturday. probably 6 of there best players injured/seniors. Expect alot better contest next time around

seymour arnt going to bad this year. we have a decent side actually but just lack commitment from a few of the players. this week we have our top ruckman out witch will be a kick in the guts and some are playing this weekend for asumption! but hopefully we have a good run this week and go well!!

ure#20 said:
seymour arnt going to bad this year. we have a decent side actually but just lack commitment from a few of the players. this week we have our top ruckman out witch will be a kick in the guts and some are playing this weekend for asumption! but hopefully we have a good run this week and go well!!

So in other words wen u lose u'll have an excuse after talkin ya selfs up so much

nesko_25 said:
So in other words wen u lose u'll have an excuse after talkin ya selfs up so much
half of us have just joined m8 so take it out on the person sayin it!!!

Disappointing loss from the Seymour Lions today. Played well for 1st, 2nd and 4th quarters, but just let the game slip when during the third which gave Kyabram the edge. Well Done to all Seymour players, bar a few who played the WORST football i've ever seen, but otherwise good. Best Players: Scott McKenzie, Andrew Green, Jac Smith-Williams and Best On Ground, Brent Le Cerf. Get to the track Lions and your season could go far. Push back into the six!!

Nomis, Seeing as you have provided scores of the current rounds, could you please provide me with the scores, and even the ladder if possible. Cheers....:)

TheDen said:
Nomis, Seeing as you have provided scores of the current rounds, could you please provide me with the scores, and even the ladder if possible. Cheers....:)

i would but they have been posted on the G.V website yet. Try going there in an hour or so and they might have updated it. It's www.gvfl.com.au and then go to results

Shepparton United 18.14 (122) vEuroa 5.10 (40) http://goulburnvalleyfl.vcfl.com.au/game.asp?game=179494&comp=3846&orgid=359
Shepparton Swans 6.7 (43) vEchuca 13.10 (88)
Mansfield 12.15 (87) vMooroopna 0.3 (3) http://goulburnvalleyfl.vcfl.com.au/game.asp?game=179496&comp=3846&orgid=359
Benalla 22.11 (143) vShepparton 9.4 (58)
http://goulburnvalleyfl.vcfl.com.au/game.asp?game=179497&comp=3846&orgid=359Seymour 7.9 (51) vKyabram 10.9 (69) http://goulburnvalleyfl.vcfl.com.au/game.asp?game=179498&comp=3846&orgid=359
Tatura 5.5 (35) vRochester 8.11 (59)

Echuca 4 4 0 0 0 0 348 163 213.50% 16
Kyabram 4 3 0 0 0 0 299 144 207.64% 16
Benalla 4 3 1 0 0 0 354 228 155.26% 12
Mooroopna 4 3 1 0 0 0 266 226 117.70% 12
Mansfield 4 2 2 0 0 0 317 201 157.71% 8
Rochester 4 2 2 0 0 0 259 203 127.59% 8
Seymour 4 2 1 0 0 1 261 267 97.75% 8
Shepparton 4 2 2 0 0 0 273 352 77.56% 8
Shepparton United 4 1 3 0 0 0 230 273 84.25% 4
Tatura 4 1 3 0 0 0 214 335 63.88% 4
Shepparton Swans 4 0 4 0 0 0 169 333 50.75% 0
Euroa 4 0 4 0 0 0 169 434 38.94% 0

Does anyone know what happen to mooroopna? thought they would be a fair side this year this but was obviously blown out of the water by mansfield who seem to have been playing some good footy.
Anymore of you seyMOUR boys got any comments on the game from the weekend, to be honest i don't think either side played real well. Really like the way 23, i think, scott mackenzie plays, not really sure why he isn't used in a more damaging way futher up the field though.

nomis#17 said:
Shepparton United 18.14 (122) vEuroa 5.10 (40)
Mansfield 12.15 (87) vMooroopna 0.3 (3)
Seymour 7.9 (51) vKyabram 10.9 (69)

Does anyone know what happen to mooroopna? thought they would be a fair side this year this but was obviously blown out of the water by mansfield who seem to have been playing some good footy.
Anymore of you seyMOUR boys got any comments on the game from the weekend, to be honest i don't think either side played real well. Really like the way 23, i think, scott mackenzie plays, not really sure why he isn't used in a more damaging way futher up the field though.

scotty is a rock down there in the full back position... yeah wasnt too bad of a game i dont think... le-cerf played well and so did ure across half back, sidebottom played his usual game which was a bit better this time, shouldnt of let the third quarter go and maybe could of won

Mooroopna Had a lot of boys out as they had their deb that night which affected their structure of their foward line also some boys who did play also had some nigglies, i dare say different result next time they play

nomis#17 said:
Shepparton United 18.14 (122) vEuroa 5.10 (40) http://goulburnvalleyfl.vcfl.com.au/game.asp?game=179494&comp=3846&orgid=359
Mansfield 12.15 (87) vMooroopna 0.3 (3) http://goulburnvalleyfl.vcfl.com.au/game.asp?game=179496&comp=3846&orgid=359
http://goulburnvalleyfl.vcfl.com.au/game.asp?game=179497&comp=3846&orgid=359Seymour 7.9 (51) vKyabram 10.9 (69) http://goulburnvalleyfl.vcfl.com.au/game.asp?game=179498&comp=3846&orgid=359

Yeah I reckon he should be at centre half back, both teams neither played there best games. Although McKenzie plays that deep, he does alot of damage, plays in a straight line and does a very convincing job. Co-Captain Eamon Mannix should be playing out of the centre, alot better than off the back flank he is above that position and has a stronger attack on the footy than most players in the middle. What is happening to the Shepparton sides thought they were supposed to be the 'cream of the crop'!! Also, to my knowledge I've heard that Mansfield are absolutely KILLING it, playing awesome football. Keep it up fella's... And Good Luck to the Interleague Boys this week, show them that the GV is still the best country football league!!!!!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad