official AGSV 2007 thread!

Remove this Banner Ad

Just commenting on the Trinity firsts side. In year 10 Lewie Eckerlsey is the year 10 standout playing, not overally tall but can play in any position and is well-built. WIll play firsts for trintiy this year. No real standout year 11s other than Chris Spassopolous who is down at Okleigh. i think.

yer ivanhoe i rekon will finish top 2. they just gotta get rid of matty goodrope, he is a liability to the squad, absolute shocker.
anthony volpe should be captain, hes a freak show.

I'm not expecting Ivanhoe to do anything this year. Sure, there might be a few good Year 10s but the year 12s, the genEral basis of the side, are pretty terrible, probably the worst set of Year 12s besides Yarra Valley.

I don't go to the school, but I've heard some good things about Camberwell this year. A mate of mine was telling me that when their Year 12s were in Year 10 they really stuck it to Trinity, PEGS and Peninsula as well as having a tight win over Mentone and flogging Ivnahoe and Yarra Valley. They mightn't be as bad as everyone thinks with Sinclair, Miriklis (an gun that could play Oakley if he wanted to) and Hart as well as the big fella Read.

Just commenting on the Trinity firsts side. In year 10 Lewie Eckerlsey is the year 10 standout playing, not overally tall but can play in any position and is well-built. WIll play firsts for trintiy this year. No real standout year 11s other than Chris Spassopolous who is down at Okleigh. i think.

Matt Brown goes alright for the Year 11s.

i know a few blokes from ACK and my good mate benny clifton is 1st skipp.. any thoughts on ACK for this year?? i know cliffo, grovesy and sheehan are very handy.. who else carves it for the light and dark blues?

Round 2

Ivanhoe - Yarra Valley
Peninsula - Camberwell
PEGS - Trinity
Assumption - Mentone

Easy wins on the table for Ivanhoe and Peninsula. Trinity look ok this year but will get destroyed by a dominant PEGS outfit. Assumption v Mentone should be very interesting.

What are the games for round 1?

Marcellin just pumped ivahoe by 100 points. Miller best on and Gassperrini, JTH, abrahams and bain were all impressive. Looks like Marcellina and PEGS could be the side to beat..

penisula beat yarra valley by about 10 goals...was close all day, with penisula up by only 4 points at 3/4 time..but ran away with it and apparently kicked 12 goals to 2 in the last quarter...final scoreline didnt reflect how good a game it was...final scores 168 - 100 i thnk...yarra not looking to bad considering penisula will end up in the top half at the end of the season...good match next week yarra vs ivanhoe

peninsula will be good
with jarrad grant coming out of full foward kicking 8 against yarra
benny clements kicking 6
and john mccarthy getting over 30 touches in the middle

today assumption played trinity is a close game... ack won by 6 points but had a lead of 7 goals at 3 quater time and really took there foot off the pedle as well as some controversial umpire decions with a count of 35 - 9 in favour of trinity with 11 - 2 in the last quater.. the ack boys that domiated were sheean with 36 touches, groves with 33 and 8 tackles, armstrong with 30 and 21 marks and clifton with 26 and 3 goals.. the trinity best was Kilpin, Birrell, Ray, Brown (7 goals.. of which most in last quater)... any one have other results? p.s the ack have alot of injuries and shouldnt be underestermated because of last year.. i played in last years team and injuried this year and its just about harder to get a game than last year...

peninsula will be good
with jarrad grant coming out of full foward kicking 8 against yarra
benny clements kicking 6
and john mccarthy getting over 30 touches in the middle

Nevill.... It seems you know alot about the peninsula boys and how they operate........ i was just wondering whether you could fill me in about a couple more things...

A) I have heard a Rumour Jason Hammond the coach has been linked to the Brisbane lions reserves ( The Suncoast Lions) coaching job next year... is there any truth in this? And What is he actually like as a coach?

B) Jarrad Grant and John McCarthy should be potential draftees.... Havent heard much about David Barton tho... aparently he is very short only just reaching over 5 foot 2.. what are his strengths, pace? jumping? is this true and does he have the potential to be the next David Rodan...

If you could tell me that would be great!

Regards,
Fireman_Sam

How will they go against Mentone next week?

should be a comfortable win to ack... when the yr 12 boys were in year ten they went undefeated and mentone was one of the teams we beat by more than 50 points.. but we did beat every team by more than 50 points.. hmmm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nevill.... It seems you know alot about the peninsula boys and how they operate........ i was just wondering whether you could fill me in about a couple more things...

A) I have heard a Rumour Jason Hammond the coach has been linked to the Brisbane lions reserves ( The Suncoast Lions) coaching job next year... is there any truth in this? And What is he actually like as a coach?

B) Jarrad Grant and John McCarthy should be potential draftees.... Havent heard much about David Barton tho... aparently he is very short only just reaching over 5 foot 2.. what are his strengths, pace? jumping? is this true and does he have the potential to be the next David Rodan...

If you could tell me that would be great!

Regards,
Fireman_Sam

carnt say ive heard that rumour but would be a good oppurtunity to further footy coaching as a career.. never played under him direectly but good things have been said

hes quite short, carnt run or jump doubt hell be the next david rodan

yarra captain w debney starred in the first 3 quarters..kicking 6 goals...went missing a bit in the last...also played vic metro u16's last yr...looks a likely type..strong hands, and good set shot kick...thoughts?!?

carnt say ive heard that rumour but would be a good oppurtunity to further footy coaching as a career.. never played under him direectly but good things have been said

hes quite short, carnt run or jump doubt hell be the next david rodan

Thanx for that neville you are a great help....... I look forward to speaking with you in the future.

Regards,
Fireman_sam

Nevil im also requesting some info on the peninsula side
whos going to play in the big CHF this year? Surely David "rodan" Barton will get a game in the middle and push for AGS selection?

Nevil im also requesting some info on the peninsula side
whos going to play in the big CHF this year? Surely David "rodan" Barton will get a game in the middle and push for AGS selection?

Jarrad Grant will probably play at CHF, Luke Adams will play a huge part as well.

Round 2

Ivanhoe - Yarra Valley
Peninsula - Camberwell
PEGS - Trinity
Assumption - Mentone

Easy wins on the table for Ivanhoe and Peninsula. Trinity look ok this year but will get destroyed by a dominant PEGS outfit. Assumption v Mentone should be very interesting.

What are the games for round 1?

Dont rate Yarra Valley out jsut yet they really stuck it to Peninsula on the weekend it was about even at 3/4 time before peninsula had the legs to run all over yarra.. also noticed they have a few years 10 that are playing for them.. that have been playing alright. Also Yarra Skipper Will Debney played a solid game. J. Mccarthy from Peninsula is a Freak and holds peninsula together.. any thoughts?..

david 'rodan' barton has fallen off the face of the earth on the football front

luke adams will definatly play a major part

today assumption played trinity is a close game... ack won by 6 points but had a lead of 7 goals at 3 quater time and really took there foot off the pedle as well as some controversial umpire decions with a count of 35 - 9 in favour of trinity with 11 - 2 in the last quater.. the ack boys that domiated were sheean with 36 touches, groves with 33 and 8 tackles, armstrong with 30 and 21 marks and clifton with 26 and 3 goals.. the trinity best was Kilpin, Birrell, Ray, Brown (7 goals.. of which most in last quater)... any one have other results? p.s the ack have alot of injuries and shouldnt be underestermated because of last year.. i played in last years team and injuried this year and its just about harder to get a game than last year...

Whos out injured atm out of curiousity Picks?

Anyone know the result of the PEGS Camberwell game? I noticed Maric Joyce and Trengrove all missed the Cannons game so how did they go?

PEGS won by 90 something points I believe. They were just too good in the first 3 quarters but Camberwell hit back in the last and showed a bit. I'm pretty sure Maric kicked 10 in a very impressive performance. From Camberwell, Sinclair kicked 6 including 5 in the last quarter. If he was a bit taller you'd think he'd get drafted but those extra few inches don't look like they're going to come.

In summary, PEGS look a very, very good side and it's hard to see them losing a game this year. Camberwell showed they have a bit with a gutsy last quarter but their lack of depth was shown and probably exemplified by a few selection errors.

year 10's were among the best for yarra on saturday...gysberts, moore, blease, burnage...all selected for vic metro u16 trials...plenty of talent there

PEGS won by 90 something points I believe. They were just too good in the first 3 quarters but Camberwell hit back in the last and showed a bit. I'm pretty sure Maric kicked 10 in a very impressive performance. From Camberwell, Sinclair kicked 6 including 5 in the last quarter. If he was a bit taller you'd think he'd get drafted but those extra few inches don't look like they're going to come.

In summary, PEGS look a very, very good side and it's hard to see them losing a game this year. Camberwell showed they have a bit with a gutsy last quarter but their lack of depth was shown and probably exemplified by a few selection errors.

He could turn out alright if he sticks at it!

Remove this Banner Ad

official AGSV 2007 thread!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back