Official Brad Haddin thread - don't start any more

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 26, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne
It's time that the selectors make some decisions now before the next test series. Brad Haddin has shown time and time again an inability to control his shot making. He needs to go now and make way for a new keeper like Wade to establish himself.

Ponting and Hussey must also depart at the end of the Australian summer. It's not just about their form but also a question about the future of Ausralian cricket.

Re: Brad Haddin must go first. Then 2 more.

Ponting and Hussey are looking completely out of it against NZ, imagine how bad they'll look against India. If we get a pitch like this one against India we'll lose by and innings and 100's.

If hadding gets picked he could be the first Australia cricketer being booed by his own crowd.

not true adam gilchrist got booed in his first test at the gabba for taking ian healy's position... idiots

bombertastic, how can anyone possibly think phil hughes deserves a spot in that team, we have plenty of players who should be playing before him

If hadding gets picked he could be the first Australia cricketer being booed by his own crowd.

Michael Clarke has been booed quite a bit. All deserved too, the worst Australian Captain since Kim Hughes.

not true adam gilchrist got booed in his first test at the gabba for taking ian healy's position... idiots

bombertastic, how can anyone possibly think phil hughes deserves a spot in that team, we have plenty of players who should be playing before him

I think he's got potential. He's just not an opener.

The thing that gets me the most upset is when all those flogs in the commentary box compare Haddin to Gilchrist because he hits a couple of boundaries occasionally. Its embarrassing, he's a shit keeper, and a shit batsman unless the score is 5 for 300 odd.

Michael Clarke has been booed quite a bit. All deserved too, the worst Australian Captain since Kim Hughes.
Clarke has only been captain for five minutes. On that basis, you would have critical of Border early in his captaincy too. (Who do you think lost to NZ in Australia in 85/86?).

And what made Hughes such a bad captain?

Clarke has only been captain for five minutes. On that basis, you would have critical of Border early in his captaincy too. (Who do you think lost to NZ in Australia in 85/86?).

And what made Hughes such a bad captain?

Clarke has also done ok as Captain, our losses can't be blamed on him, he's being scoring lots of runs, besides this Warner hundred he's had no support at all.

The thing that gets me the most upset is when all those flogs in the commentary box compare Haddin to Gilchrist because he hits a couple of boundaries occasionally. Its embarrassing, he's a shit keeper, and a shit batsman unless the score is 5 for 300 odd.

yep he couldnt hold a candle to gilly, i wouldnt say he is shit, but we certainly have better options now. What i think shows the biggest difference between the two is haddins last few innings' he has gotten out in ridiculous fashion trying to play the big stroke, in comparison gilly against pakistan at bellrive scores 120-odd... when the chips were down, gilly usually came through, haddin usually doesnt.

shit, lyon just bowled :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cricket or Footy, I never boo anyone, not even the Umpires or Collingwood.

But if this w***er is selected for the Adelaide Test, I'm going to give him hell.

Haddin has to go because there are clearly better options.

I'm not sure you can say the same for Ponting.

+1

Unless there are players at state level demanding selection, there's little point in pursuing change for the sake of it because of a couple of lacklustre performances.

Clarke has also done ok as Captain, our losses can't be blamed on him, he's being scoring lots of runs, besides this Warner hundred he's had no support at all.

No he hasn't.

Him and Haddin ****ed us today.

The cardinal sin in cricket is to lose wickets in batches - we've got two of our senior players who constantly do it.

No he hasn't.

Him and Haddin ****ed us today.

The cardinal sin in cricket is to lose wickets in batches - we've got two of our senior players who constantly do it.

Fair point, just checked the last few series averages, thought Clarke had scored more than he has, guess he just looks good in comparison to the shit being put up by the rest of the team.

[youtube]GkMMmTD8i4k[/youtube]

The 1st line must be a piss take?

Hughes ,Haddin ,Hussey,Ponting all should not be given a chance for Boxing day Wade ,Cowan ,Marsh and Watson if fit to come in ,if either is injured then Ponting maybe one more chance.The team needs a cleanout.I don't think Kuwaja has done enough either and needs to make a big score.he looks good but it's about time he came up with some numbers.

the way i see it right now, there are 5 players under the pump they are hughes, ponting, haddin, hussey and kuwaja. Now you could make a case to drop any one of them, unfortunately cricket australia has a sad history of sticking with players that deserve to be dropped. personally what i would do is the following

Hughes- drop him, without question- watson to come in
Ponting- drop him- is a legend, but just doesnt have it anymore bring in ed cowan
Haddin- drop him, matthew wade has to come in, this will end haddins career
Hussey- been our best batsman in the last 12 months, keep him for the first 2 tests, if he doesnt score runs, out for the 3rd
Kuwaja- drop him, shaun marsh to take his place at 3

Played a brilliant knock in that first Saffer Series, but he stills constantly fails when it matters.

I still say it's a concentration thing, he always gets out early, or around a break in play.

When he came in today, we needed a steady hand for a while, just to settle the ship.

Same with Haddin, **** him the most though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Brad Haddin thread - don't start any more

Remove this Banner Ad

Back