Official- davey re-signs for 4 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to see Davey signed on...but (being the devils advacote here) has similarities to when we signed A.Yze in 2004(?) after carlton offered him a shitload more money we near on matched it and Yze was never the same player. But i am hoping Davey's career is on the way up whereas in hindsight Yze was on the way down!

As i said great to see him sign on we need his leadership to mentor the younger aboriginal boys around the club not to mention every other player. His skills and pace and amongst the best in the AFL.

Got the text from Jim Stynes. Might save his number and give him a call next time I'm out on the gas ;). I am glad he signed on. I agree that four years is probably more than I would've liked to sign him on for but I think in the end we had to match Essendon's offer. The point you make above is vital. The leadership qualities he possesses are vital to the club particularly to the young aboriginal boys. Even more so considering we lost Wheels this year. The most worrying thing about Davey possibly leaving was the effect it would have on our future stars in Jurrah, Bennell, Jetta & of course Wonaeamirri. Glad it's settled. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

What a relief, think it would have done a lot of harm to the momentum that is being built at the club to have lost both McLean and Davey in one go. Not the mention the membership numbers.

Great to see Davey signed on...but (being the devils advacote here) has similarities to when we signed A.Yze in 2004(?) after carlton offered him a shitload more money we near on matched it and Yze was never the same player. But i am hoping Davey's career is on the way up whereas in hindsight Yze was on the way down!

As i said great to see him sign on we need his leadership to mentor the younger aboriginal boys around the club not to mention every other player. His skills and pace and amongst the best in the AFL.

In all fairness, Yze was good up until the end of 2006, then he went south. Still awesome we got Davey though.

We're so far under the salary cap it doesn't matter.

We should have just offered him a $6 million dollar contract over 5 years tbh. Would send a message to the rest of the comp, we're dead serious about keeping our best players... :D

Essendon are amateurs.

Great news for the Dees. I have to say, as much as I'd love Davey at Hawthorn (Ignoring obvious salary cap issues etc etc) it would seem very very wrong for him to be wearing any other guernsey than a Dees one.

Top Stuff Dees!

I think this contract is enough to see davey around for success, im confident we can really do something in the next 4 years. Best news i've heard in ages. Go Dees

Just shows how much consideration should be given to Back Page stories in the Herald Sun.

What a disgraceful article.

If this were the criteria for Back page articles, then almost anyone who is out of contract should have an article devoted to them. Tomorrow - "Lake considers dumping Dogs"

Would love to see the dartboard in the Herald Sun offices.

What a massive relief, even if it probably was bullshit speculation. Four years is a big deal, but it keeps Davey with us for the rest of his career. He will be 29 at the end of his contract, and hopefully still in good form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People will be literally sh1tting there pants in the next few years when they see the mighty dees rip in 2-3 years time. :thumbsu: Great news!!!!!! :D

Relieved - glad to see the rewards for the player. He is a player that through his life will be totally melbourne.

Could see him at Melbourne after finishing as a player - so many doors open for him at the club.

Was packing my dacks when I read the ever-reliable Herald Scum this morning! Great to see probably our closest to A-Grade footballer sign on for another 4.

If you're not a member you won't get one! But surely you are (unless you have financial reasons which is fair enough) - so it must be a matter of them not having your details.

I love my texts from Jimmy

I've been a member for years. Never got one text from Jimmah though. :(

Having said that, I haven't joined yet for 2010 though; I rarely do before Christmas.

Did yours still say something along the lines of 'i see you've signed up for 2010 as well, thanks etc'?

Mine did- wondering if theres two types of msgs they send...

It said Aaron Davey has re-signed with MFC for 4 years. Now we need all members to do the same and rejoin.

Question is what will he be worth in 4yrs time? (zippo) you wont see finals action for another 5 so weigh it up now???? first round pick and a young star ready to go in 5yrs...

Youre an idiot.

harrington on sen today @ 4:30

Are you able to post a link to podcast? I am out of the country and cant listen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official- davey re-signs for 4 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back