Official ECW One Night Stand PPV Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well let's all be honest with ourselves here, and get past the "it's ECW, which is so much better than anything WWE does, and we aren't cool if we don't like ECW" factor and admit that it was an ordinary PPV.

SABU vs Mysterio - seriously how many missed spots can you fit into a match? I cringed at parts.

F.B.I vs Tajiri and supercrazy - This was a good match. Big Show coming out at the end and pulling off that brutal backbreaker on Marmaluke then just tossing him away I also enjoyed.

Tanaka vs Balls Mahoney - Nothing spectacular, brutal chairshot yes but not much else to write home about. These were supposed to be 'old school' ECW fans but (and I'm not a person whose been a ECW since before they were popular type guy as I only was able to get access to tapes etc right before the finished up the first time) isn't it customary to sing the song that Balls Mahoney comes out to? With words that every true ECW fan should know? Yet it was quiet?

Edge/Foley vs Funk/Dreamer - I think the word is clusterf*ck isn't it? I know ECW matches have there tag matches were **** is just going on everywhere, but this seemed to have no rhyme or reason to it. Only thing I got out of it is that Edge just keeps getting better and better.

Sandman caning Eugene - Hmmmm we can't actually be bothered to put one of the most popular ECW wrestlers of all time in a match so lets give him a token opportunity to see him beat up on someone who is mentally handicapped (which before anyone says anything, yes I know its a character but in keeping in that character it was simply he didn't understand what he had done wrong and so Sandman beat the **** out of him. Lets all cheer that)

Tazz vs Lawler - Yawnnnn, would have been more believable if they had something, if it wasn't billed as a match and Joey styles was out interviewing someone and Lawler came out and interrupted him with an anti-ECW diatribe, only to have Tazz suprise him and choke him out, then I would have gone with it.

Orton vs Angle - Two great wrestlers who put on a decent wrestling match.

Cena Vs RVD - I hate Cena, make no mistake about this. On saying that he was excellent, worked the crowd well, more than held his own with the clearly superior skilled RVD and took the loss. people are talking about how vicious the crowd was to him, I very rarely say nice things about Cena (bar his match at Wrestlemania 23 which was great) but it was him who was clearly in control of that crowd. At no stage did Cena do anything that indicated he was being thrown by the crowd reaction.

Sadly its made less inticed to want the regular ECW show sooner rather than later.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Foxtel has been denied the rights to screen the weekly ECW shows until further notice. :thumbsdown: :mad:

And we all thought Vince McMahon was serious at taking this brand to the world. Bad move WWE.

I havent gotten on any cena bashing bandwagon i hate him because he shows nothing remotely good in a ring, does a backdrop as a finisher, which is just pathetic seeing as others do it and yet kick out...stfu is the worst version of a STF ive ever seen, give me chris hero, american dragon, eddie kingston, mike quackenbush over cena anyday

WKB said:
Well let's all be honest with ourselves here, and get past the "it's ECW, which is so much better than anything WWE does, and we aren't cool if we don't like ECW" factor and admit that it was an ordinary PPV.

SABU vs Mysterio - seriously how many missed spots can you fit into a match? I cringed at parts.

Edge/Foley vs Funk/Dreamer - I think the word is clusterf*ck isn't it? I know ECW matches have there tag matches were **** is just going on everywhere, but this seemed to have no rhyme or reason to it. Only thing I got out of it is that Edge just keeps getting better and better.

Good the way Rey ducked his head for the DDT :D

Like Edge's rated R pin?

Remove this Banner Ad

Official ECW One Night Stand PPV Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back