News OFFICIAL: Gary Ablett traded to Geelong

How many games will Ablett play for Geelong in his second stint

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

They're not happy with that thought.
images

That's about the only way it is acceptable for Duncan's name to be included in this talk.

Frankly, even Kolo/Menegola/Guthrie should only be involved if it is straight up for Gazza or picks coming our way.

Nope I want a R1 2018 .. they would have a pick in the top 5 ..and they will not be just guns..they will be magnums

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People were a lot more optimistic about the Gold Coast back in 2010 than they are now, though.
Optimistic or gullible ... both GC and GWS are science experiment. They are a recruiters wet dream. They wee supposed to be the rigged roulette wheel .. but even when you give someone all the blacks it can come up red.
I have said it before ..the afl erred in their setup structure ... but to have so much wrong off the ground at the start should have set off alarm bells with top end guys. Blinded by the light the say...blinded by something. Perhaps Gc should have got one player from each club , and two picks in the R1 for 5 years , and much better system for locals... but thats done... they should be a lot more knowledgable now... and if they are not successful I suspect the afl will go for the sequel. Suns2... this time its personal.

Optimistic or gullible ... both GC and GWS are science experiment. They are a recruiters wet dream. They wee supposed to be the rigged roulette wheel .. but even when you give someone all the blacks it can come up red.
Well, admittedly if the GWS side had Gary Ablett in it last year, it probably would have beaten West Coast's foundation-to-premiership speed record.

can geelong just say our offer is pick 56 take it or leave it - we simply dont care
ablett sort your own mess out - you and pickers created this shite - clean it up

he left for development, success and CASH, we dont need to involved in his messy divorce, they dont feel he put out enough and we simply dont care

About right. We are supporting Gaz too much because we are nice.

Should just tell Gold Coast we'll pay a reasonable price for a 33 year old elite player with a history of injury. 56 is a lot better pick than Sammy Mitchell went for and his body still worked. If we are really nice we can give something in the 30s. If they are too stupid to take it, we let Gaz retire and they get nothing.

If their respect for Gaz is anything to go by, I also think we are morally obligated not to be cruel enough to send any of our current players to Gold Coast.

I have said it before ..the afl erred in their setup structure ... but to have so much wrong off the ground at the start should have set off alarm bells with top end guys. Blinded by the light the say...blinded by something. Perhaps Gc should have got one player from each club , and two picks in the R1 for 5 years , and much better system for locals... but thats done... they should be a lot more knowledgable now... and if they are not successful I suspect the afl will go for the sequel. Suns2... this time its personal.
I know it didn't work so you can say the system wasn't right. But I actually like how it was setup and put the failure down more to bad decision making. It's one thing to say the system wasn't right but if they fail through poor decisions that's just on them.

Geelong AFL premiership skipper Cameron Ling has warned the Cats not to jeopardise their future in pursuit of Gary Ablett.

"(Geelong) would like to get Gaz and you've got to give something for him ... but just don't give away the future for a bloke who is there for maybe two years," Ling said on Tuesday.

"If they can strike that balance perfectly (they'll) not give up too much, get Gary in to get some short-term benefit but also keep their long-term future strong - that's obviously the best result."

HEAR, HEAR, Linga.

https://yhoo.it/2hKdS3X

Remove this Banner Ad

News OFFICIAL: Gary Ablett traded to Geelong

Back