S.Grainger (Preston/Euroa)
M.Jansz (Preston/Euroa)
D.Sage (Preston/Euroa)
B.Tremellen (Coburg/Moroopana)
Saad Saad (Preston/Seymour)
M.Collins (Preston/Seymour)
A.Willoughby (Coburg/Tatura)
D.Mcdonald (Essendon VFL/Tatura)

Im sure there are plenty more but i can think while at work, anyone can add?? so have a go.

Re: Official GVFL thread

bradrowe#32 said:
To be fair, Brad Sparks was an excellent servant to the club. He would've played over 100 games. I think work committments got in the way of him playing more. He came back for the testimonials for Simon McCarty and Tank McPhee, as well as other functions. He definately loves the club.

Duursma played 2 years at the club when he was 30 years old and absolutely buggered. Both his knees were shot and I think he had problems with his back/shoulder. He loved playing up in the country and was a great figure at the club.
I knew Sparks played around 5 seasons or more rowey, and he obviously loved being there. You won't get any arguments from me there.

I was just responding to a post which (in jest, I know) wondered whether any Seymour or Euroa's big name recruits would get to 400 games like Tank McPhee. I was merely pointing out that you blokes have had your share of big name recruits over the years as well and that they're going to do well to play close to 100 games, especially if they come towards the end of their careers.

With blokes like Duursma, they usually are of great help to the club and to younger players coming through, even if they are only there for a couple of years.

TuskenRaider said:
I knew Sparks played around 5 seasons or more rowey, and he obviously loved being there. You won't get any arguments from me there.

I was just responding to a post which (in jest, I know) wondered whether any Seymour or Euroa's big name recruits would get to 400 games like Tank McPhee. I was merely pointing out that you blokes have had your share of big name recruits over the years as well and that they're going to do well to play close to 100 games, especially if they come towards the end of their careers.

With blokes like Duursma, they usually are of great help to the club and to younger players coming through, even if they are only there for a couple of years.

At Euroa, Neil Poole and Scott Watson are getting close to 300 games and they were recruiting to the town back in the early 90's.

Not sure on the recent recruits, however they have expressed their interest for another couple of years to come. Good news for the club.

BIGANT said:
Interesting question that ??? i doubt he be assist coach material at gv level just yet....good footballer but his very big ego of himself & big mouth to go on with it will hold him back.Football wise to play @ sanfl level between a's & magoo's he's obviously all right...ask any shep swans people he played there last year i think.Whispers were he was back at his original club in a minor league on the sa/vic border for this year.But personally knock his head down a peg or two b4 thinking of him being coaching material.

Thanks for that Big Ant. I hear he's strapped for cash which is why he's going home.

cookie33 said:
M.Porter (Ballarat/Benalla)
A.Cosham (Coburg/Benalla)
D.Clarke (Preston/Euroa)
S.Gibson (Preston/Euroa)
N.Gilliand (Ess/Port Melb/Euroa)
M.Jansz (Preston/Euroa)
D.Sage (Preston/Euroa)

Im sure there are plenty more but i can think while at work, anyone can add?? so have a go.

A. McBrien (Preston/Euroa)
C. Ramsay (Preston/Seymour)
M.Penn (Preston/seymour)
T.Hooper (Preston/Seymour)
Shelton (Preston/Euroa)
Ben Bailey (Preston/Seymour)
G.Pemberton (Preston/Seymour)
S. Shaw (Preston/Seymour)
B.Haberman (Preston/Seymour)
A.REid (Preston/Seymour)

Can't think of anymore off the top of my head.. I suppose if you talk about "going up the hume.." you could add Duane Hueston (Box Hill/Echuca United), Paul Bunn (preston/mytrleford), loz Furlon (preston/yarrawonga), Jonny "hopper" Mccormick (preston/Wangaratta), and maybe Paul Scanlon (Preston/Barooga) to the list as well.. then you could possibly include Blake Campbell (preston/maroopna), Carl Norman (Preston/Maroopna), one of the Bests (Ballarat/Shepp Swans)..and maybe I suppose Hotton, Hall, Stevens's, Symes, etc who have all played at the highest level, then opted for GVFL instead of VFL..

HawkeEye said:
At Euroa, Neil Poole and Scott Watson are getting close to 300 games and they were recruiting to the town back in the early 90's.

Not sure on the recent recruits, however they have expressed their interest for another couple of years to come. Good news for the club.

I reckon I heard a couple of years ago Watson had never played a game of Aussie rules before he lobbed at Euroa (he's a teacher isn't he?).
Is this right Hawkeye? If it is, he's done a bloody marvellous job to play for so long at such a high level.

D.Clarke (Preston/Euroa)
S.Gibson (Preston/Euroa)
M.Jansz (Preston/Euroa)
D.Sage (Preston/Euroa)
S.Downey (Coburg/Tatura)
M.Penn (Preston/seymour)
Shelton (Preston/Euroa)
A.REid (Preston/Seymour)
S.Lang (Coburg/Shepparton Bears)

Anyothers wanna add to the list?

Grandale said:
I reckon I heard a couple of years ago Watson had never played a game of Aussie rules before he lobbed at Euroa (he's a teacher isn't he?).
Is this right Hawkeye? If it is, he's done a bloody marvellous job to play for so long at such a high level.

Have heard the same thing before. Very consistent player

Grandale said:

Correct you are, excelled at the round ball code

HawkeEye said:

I think you'll find they weren’t actually recruited to Euroa HawkeEye. They came to Euroa to teach not really play football. Watson learnt the trade at Longwood before progressing to Euroa but it’s a great effort for someone to play so many senior GV games considering he only started playing footy in his early 20's.

And Poole played in the 1990 Premiership team after arriving in 89. I wouldn't call the two recruits as such but one thing's for sure they have given wonderful service to the club.

I play and support Euroa. So, because my club has recruited players who can play and are as great for the club as the "locals", thats a bad thing? The fact that they pour more money back into the club by staying after home games, attending all club functions and bringing family and friends in support, is a bad thing?

So by TRYING to bag me, your saying that people around football clubs who do all the mundane jobs are losers? These are people who sell raffle tickets, work on the gate, work behind the bar etc etc are past players, lifelong supporters of their clubs. Every club has loyal people like this, and by trying to have a poor attempt at insulting me, you're showing disrespect to the people who help keep country footy clubs going. Good call
c o c k j a w... :thumbsdown:

Im the wisden of all things vcfl?? When have I said anything about any other league? You're the one posting about every league in australia like king d i c k. Doesnt the fact that every person on here is having a go at you, tell you something? Or are you too busy pulling out the Thesaurus trying to be clever? As EB said, go back to starting up crap threads that no one replies to, except to give you crap.. :eek:

Please jump off the computer go out to the lounge room, pull down your pants, and get your mother to spank that sorry excuse for a "live at home, 50 year old virgin" a rse of yours. You've been a bad boy wasting all the grown ups time... :rolleyes:
user_offline.gif
Well done a.k.a.,youve just spent just as much time bagging me you gumboot.Your club sounds great ,i guess seymour just had one more "mundane tasker" than you guys.
So you play ,hey? I'd bet youre a collision dodger,perhaps a tagger who faces away from the ball,or possibly one of those blokes whos best stat is standing on the mark?
My grammar- maybe you should grab that oxford concise you used for those 3 wonderful years in year 9 if your brain(?) cant comprehend standard english, are ya wiv me matey?
Whats the prob with posting on other threads ,my point is valid for any country league,its just that im a "king dic k" to you and your mutual admiration society (Eb,ringo1,and some other moron.)
So anyway just keep on nibbling stooge,thinking your replies are so more "adult" than mine,win those time trials to be a better fringe player,and dont to forget to text your mates tonight so youre all wearing the same t-shirt tomorrow.Oh ,and probably more chance of you being a virgin,coz theres real quality chop up euroa way.....

TuskenRaider said:

Completely understand where you are coming from.

Wanna cuddle?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kick It To Me!! said:
I play and support Euroa. So, because my club has recruited players who can play and are as great for the club as the "locals", thats a bad thing? The fact that they pour more money back into the club by staying after home games, attending all club functions and bringing family and friends in support, is a bad thing?

So by TRYING to bag me, your saying that people around football clubs who do all the mundane jobs are losers? These are people who sell raffle tickets, work on the gate, work behind the bar etc etc are past players, lifelong supporters of their clubs. Every club has loyal people like this, and by trying to have a poor attempt at insulting me, you're showing disrespect to the people who help keep country footy clubs going. Good call
c o c k j a w... :thumbsdown:

Im the wisden of all things vcfl?? When have I said anything about any other league? You're the one posting about every league in australia like king d i c k. Doesnt the fact that every person on here is having a go at you, tell you something? Or are you too busy pulling out the Thesaurus trying to be clever? As EB said, go back to starting up crap threads that no one replies to, except to give you crap.. :eek:

Please jump off the computer go out to the lounge room, pull down your pants, and get your mother to spank that sorry excuse for a "live at home, 50 year old virgin" a rse of yours. You've been a bad boy wasting all the grown ups time... :rolleyes:
user_offline.gif
Well done a.k.a.,youve just spent just as much time bagging me you gumboot.Your club sounds great ,i guess seymour just had one more "mundane tasker" than you guys.
So you play ,hey? I'd bet youre a collision dodger,perhaps a tagger who faces away from the ball,or possibly one of those blokes whos best stat is standing on the mark?
My grammar- maybe you should grab that oxford concise you used for those 3 wonderful years in year 9 if your brain(?) cant comprehend standard english, are ya wiv me matey?
Whats the prob with posting on other threads ,my point is valid for any country league,its just that im a "king dic k" to you and your mutual admiration society (Eb,ringo1,and some other moron.)
So anyway just keep on nibbling stooge,thinking your replies are so more "adult" than mine,win those time trials to be a better fringe player,and dont to forget to text your mates tonight so youre all wearing the same t-shirt tomorrow.Oh ,and probably more chance of you being a virgin,coz theres real quality chop up euroa way.....

Children, children, children. Being a little precious aren't we. If you want to keep bitch slapping each other start a special thread and leave the rest of us to get on with it.

ilovetogetblind said:
We are looking ok - stated about 6 weeks ago that we still needed two more highly rated players to be considered a top 3/4 chance - both fell through. We couldn't/didn't match the offers they were getting elsewhere.

Still a better side than last year, but so are a lot of other teams. We prob aim to finish 5th - will again be very tight for those last spots though.

Think that bendigo thing is around the end of March.

Cheers

Pretty fair assessment Jonathan B. Wright Junior.

I think the signing was an excellent first step. However since then, the club has lost quality players like Knight, Connaughton and Palmer (?). Chris McCarty will also be missing after Round 8. Not getting Browny or Foott is disappointing and it appears that there are no other big signings to come.

It is realistic that the club could compete in the finals, but it's a pretty tough draw. Euroa and Seymour twice in the first 3 rounds, as well as an improved Echuca and United twice make it tough, but its also a good test. You want to play against the best.

I'm not writing the season off just yet or making excuses, just being realistic. It will be a good development year, with quite a few younger players given the chance to play. The club has a record four players on the Pioneers list.

I reckon 2007 will be the year Rochester give it a good shake. McCarty will be back from overseas, Ben Anderson is set to return from WAFL and Mark Brown is a very good chance. Also, former AFL player Ash Waton could be on his way back (and maybe with a few others).

I don't want to look to far forward, but with the talk of Euroa and Seymour's lists, its all I've got!

bradrowe#32 said:
Pretty fair assessment Jonathan B. Wright Junior.

I think the signing was an excellent first step. However since then, the club has lost quality players like Knight, Connaughton and Palmer (?). Chris McCarty will also be missing after Round 8. Not getting Browny or Foott is disappointing and it appears that there are no other big signings to come.

It is realistic that the club could compete in the finals, but it's a pretty tough draw. Euroa and Seymour twice in the first 3 rounds, as well as an improved Echuca and United twice make it tough, but its also a good test. You want to play against the best.

I'm not writing the season off just yet or making excuses, just being realistic. It will be a good development year, with quite a few younger players given the chance to play. The club has a record four players on the Pioneers list.

I reckon 2007 will be the year Rochester give it a good shake. McCarty will be back from overseas, Ben Anderson is set to return from WAFL and Mark Brown is a very good chance. Also, former AFL player Ash Waton could be on his way back (and maybe with a few others).

It is a positive that we are rebuilding this year, with good juniors, and also still a good chance to finish in top six.

Picked up Rus Weakly for Connaughton (the dog), Knight's spot - we need a junior to step up and Carts is very very tough to replace but scooter hann is looking very fit. Bowen a great addition on top of this. Don't forget Pappin and Cutris are still only 20 and will improve again, not to mention a very young leadership group who will also improve.

Dirty's coaching ability will be put to the test again though, as it was last year.

Anyway, its late and i'm tired... so off to the pub for $3.50 scooners

Cheers

D.Clarke (Preston/Euroa)
S.Gibson (Preston/Euroa)
M.Jansz (Preston/Euroa)
D.Sage (Preston/Euroa)
S.Downey (Coburg/Tatura)
M.Penn (Preston/seymour)
Shelton (Preston/Euroa)
A.REid (Preston/Seymour)
S.Lang (Coburg/Shepparton Bears)
L.Veale (Werrebee/Shepparton Swans)
E.Bowen (Bendigo/Rochester)
D.Schmidt (Bendigo/Rochester)

This is not a bad list and i would doubt there would be any league in Australia that would list as many ex VFL players as what the GVFL does. If you can come up with anymore post the names.

If you can come up with anymore post the names.[/QUOTE]

P. Newman (Sandringham/ Kyabram)
A. Fonua (Williamstown/ Tongala)- this is if you are talking about last year

cookie33 said:
E.Bowen (Bendigo/Rochester)
D.Schmidt (Bendigo/Rochester)

This is not a bad list and i would doubt there would be any league in Australia that would list as many ex VFL players as what the GVFL does. If you can come up with anymore post the names.

I'm pretty sure Clint Whitsed and Micky Loughman also played for Bendigo... Not sure though.

Do you know if they did Rowey?

Kick It To Me!! said:
user_offline.gif
Not going real well, are you KITM.

Take it easy.

Whitsed did play for the Bendigo Diggers, and to his credit performed well down back. Mind you the ball was down that end for the majority of every game!!!

Just noticed that neither of the 2 Clayton brothers (Shane and Mark), who have both played VFL or above, and currently play with Euroa, were on the list. So they can be added too..

I guess Van Sheik, who's playing at Benalla this year, could also be added to the list, as well as Casey Robertson (Preston/Benalla) if he plays, and I think Mark McKenzie might of also had a run when the kangaroos were aligned with the O&M..

Kick It To Me!! said:
user_offline.gif

Wow you got me there. Can you come up with a comeback that isnt just repeating back what people (on every thread you post on) say to you?

In your own words as on the Western Region Football League thread: -
Originally Posted by Kick It To Me!!
hey im from the dvfl,a mate told me that the best grounds in this league is seddons and west footscrays(which ive seen),is that correct? He also reckons that there are more brawls and biffo,and the crowds are vicious.Im moving to the area ,only looking 4 100 a game ,but worried bout the footy.Im a tall lumbering fwd,who knows how to position my rump.Please give me feedback

Sound like a real tiger dont you. Like everyone else on that thread said - you are obviously s h i t scared, a *******, you struggle to get a game in DVFL second division twos at the moment, and you are kidding yourself if you think anyone is going to pay you to play in the WRFL just because YOU think its a lower standard...

I'll settle for being a "collision dodger,perhaps a tagger who faces away from the ball,or possibly one of those blokes whos best stat is standing on the mark" in the strongest league outside the VFL, because that would still be better than being"a tall lumbering fwd,who knows how to position my rump" who cant even find a club who wants him.
You wouldnt get a game in our under 15's, you unit...

Ok im done, this is not worth wasting more of my work's time and money writing a response, :rolleyes: and I'm sure (like myself) everyone else on here is sick of this crap...

Just thought I'd slap a bit of a team together made up of the ex-VFL players that have travelled up the Hume to join the GVL..

Backs: Bowen Schmidt Robertson

CHB: Hooper Willoughby M. Clayton

Centre: Lamaro Sage Reid

CHF: Gibson Ramsay Gilliand

FF: Symes Grainger Saad

Rucks: Porter S.Clayton Penn

Bench: Jansz Clarke Haberman Newman

Obviously, there are positional changes that a lot of blokes wouldn't agree with, but it says a lot about the calibre, and depth, of players that the GV have been able to recruit into the league...tell me there's a league in country footy that can boast a full forward line like that one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad