Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

jmain14 said:
great work rowey tipping the cats to beat benalla. would of thought the majority were tipping a saints win so well done by you.

Thanks mate. I had a look at their team on the Friday and was suprised how well they have picked up. Mooroopna have been crap for as long as I can remember.

Rosco5 said:
It may well be the worst side since 1987 if they fail to make the finals, 1991 is the only other year I can recall Rochy not making it and that was not a bad side then either. How's the season shaping up for you anyway Mainy ??
yeah not too bad rosco, only played the one game to date though - for albatross in a very budget league in nsw. I guess I will probably head up there a couple more times throughout the year. I also intend on pulling the boots back out for the rochy seconds against tatura in round 5. will you be playing that day rowey / hyrisolakous?? tat seconds - shouldn't be too good should they??

how about you rosco - a couple of good performances by the roos thus far??

bradrowe#32 said:
Thanks mate. I had a look at their team on the Friday and was suprised how well they have picked up. Mooroopna have been crap for as long as I can remember.
yeah they look to be a pretty good side this year. might be the year of the cat not only in the afl but also the gv!!

what's on for this bye w'end anyway rowey - will you be home??

a shame to see Rochy not as dominant as i last remember.hows Forys going in the goals for Shepp?and jmain,whats your go at Albatross?you may as well have a crack at SydAFL Prems with Wollongong up the road if you dont rate the SCAFL,you do come from footy country after all.go up and smack some of the pretty boys from Penno,North Shore et al. and a bit of coin doesnt go astray,for purchasing fine amber refreshments

jmain14 said:
yeah they look to be a pretty good side this year. might be the year of the cat not only in the afl but also the gv!!

what's on for this bye w'end anyway rowey - will you be home??

Probably just hanging around Rochy. Might go see some local footy. Are you coming back?

bradrowe#32 said:
Probably just hanging around Rochy. Might go see some local footy. Are you coming back?
yeah mate, got my sister's enagagement party on tomorrow night so i'll be around. staying at red's (josh thurgood's) house tonight so should be a pretty big one no doubt.

carts was telling me you have kicked all of the seconds' goals so far this year - not a bad effort...

Jesus Mainy, how did you come to be up there ?? Roos not travelling too bad, Lorrie missed last 2 1/2 games and 5-6 of our best 10 still out injured. I broke my hand in Rd2 and will miss 8 (although I don't count myself in the abovementioned 5-6). Got Elmore this week, almost back to Rochy .....

Rosco5 said:
Jesus Mainy, how did you come to be up there ?? Roos not travelling too bad, Lorrie missed last 2 1/2 games and 5-6 of our best 10 still out injured. I broke my hand in Rd2 and will miss 8 (although I don't count myself in the abovementioned 5-6). Got Elmore this week, almost back to Rochy .....

Rosco actually heading to the game tomorrow, with rochy having the bye. Who are the players to keep an eye on?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rosco5 said:
my mate coaches albatross as he is in the defence up there.

might have to go for a look at the bloods v roos clash myself. you confident??

This weekend's results:

Mooroopna 21.10 Tongala 7.5
Shepp United 12.6 Kyabram 10.14
Mansfield 13.14 Echuca 13.3
Eurora 19.10 Shepp 14.7
Seymour 20.18 Tatura 3.10
Benalla 14.13 Shepp Swans 4.11

Rochester - bye.

Eurora are looking the goods. Shepp got the jump on them and were leading by 4 or 5 goals at one stage.

Next week is the interleague bye. Team to be announced within the next few days.

bradrowe#32 said:
This weekend's results:

Mooroopna 21.10 Tongala 7.5
Shepp United 12.6 Kyabram 10.14
Mansfield 13.14 Echuca 13.3
Eurora 19.10 Shepp 14.7
Seymour 20.18 Tatura 3.10
Benalla 14.13 Shepp Swans 4.11

Rochester - bye.

Eurora are looking the goods. Shepp got the jump on them and were leading by 4 or 5 goals at one stage.

Next week is the interleague bye. Team to be announced within the next few days.

Shane Clayton reported for striking Shepp's Jeremy O'Brien...not sure if he's taken a set penalty or not, which is only a week in the GV.

Jock's Netballers said:
Shane Clayton reported for striking Shepp's Jeremy O'Brien...not sure if he's taken a set penalty or not, which is only a week in the GV.

Jeremy O'Brien is a pretty handy player from the stuff I've heard. Rochester play them in 3 weeks so it'll be good to have a look at him.

bradrowe#32 said:
Jeremy O'Brien is a pretty handy player from the stuff I've heard. Rochester play them in 3 weeks so it'll be good to have a look at him.

Part of the interleague squad having been recruited to Shepp from Wang Rovers, J O'B is a damaging left foot kick and a good bloke to boot.

Will be aiming to work his way off the wing and into an ball rotation with Byers and Ash by season's end.

Jock's Netballers said:
Part of the interleague squad having been recruited to Shepp from Wang Rovers, J O'B is a damaging left foot kick and a good bloke to boot.

Will be aiming to work his way off the wing and into an ball rotation with Byers and Ash by season's end.
you aren't the man himself are you jock??

anyy news on Interleague team yet?curious to see if Matt Forys gets a guernsey..also for those that play in the great GV,purely for hindsight purposes,but would the former Belconnen brothers Hazelmann be a chance for a game if still playing?

pekay-norwest said:
anyy news on Interleague team yet?curious to see if Matt Forys gets a guernsey..also for those that play in the great GV,purely for hindsight purposes,but would the former Belconnen brothers Hazelmann be a chance for a game if still playing?
sorry mate, not sure if forys is in the squad. it was in the shepp news a couple of weeks back but the side has changed so much since then due to players pulling out (heaps of), and they even introduced a couple more players to the squad earlier this week. hard to say whether the hazelmann brothers would have been selected but the reports are that they are pretty bloody handy players so my guess is that they would have been every chance of gaining selection.

jmain14 said:
sorry mate, not sure if forys is in the squad. it was in the shepp news a couple of weeks back but the side has changed so much since then due to players pulling out (heaps of), and they even introduced a couple more players to the squad earlier this week. hard to say whether the hazelmann brothers would have been selected but the reports are that they are pretty bloody handy players so my guess is that they would have been every chance of gaining selection.

No I'm not Jeremy himself, although In know the young man well.

Forys has withdarwn from the squad due to injury, along with Hotton, Mensch, MacKenzie, Mellington etc...need I go on.

Linc Wellington from Tatura has been elected captain, with Seymour's Shane Schottner his deputy.

Will be a youngish squad, but a talented one, which will hopefully break an 11 year drought at VCFL level, albeit in a "mickey mouse" competition.

Saad Saad didn't get picked for interleague. He kicked 11 goals in his first game, but wasn't selected because he started the season in round 3. Ridiculous decision if you ask me. A guy from Eurora also kicked 10 in his first game but wasn' selected.

However, turns out that Saad broke his arm on the weekend. He kicked 3 in the 1st five minutes of the 1st quarter.

bradrowe#32 said:
Saad Saad didn't get picked for interleague. He kicked 11 goals in his first game, but wasn't selected because he started the season in round 3. Ridiculous decision if you ask me. A guy from Eurora also kicked 10 in his first game but wasn' selected.

However, turns out that Saad broke his arm on the weekend. He kicked 3 in the 1st five minutes of the 1st quarter.
the guy must be an absolute freak - am disappointed that I didn't get to watch him play when they played rochy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad