Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

Milky9 said:
No chance hey?? where do you get your information from? I think you are wrong and he will play at the Cattery!! I have a very reliable source where my information comes from.

Normo will be at either the Bulldogs or Bombers. Bulldogs will take him if his still around and if Essendon havent nabbed him, i would almost put my house on it. The only way Normo will be with the Cats next season is if he decides he doesnt want to play league footy.

My information is 100%, quite good mates with lads from the Doggies and the info is he is a moral to go there unless taken earlier.

cheers

Milky9 said:
No chance hey?? where do you get your information from? I think you are wrong and he will play at the Cattery!! I have a very reliable source where my information comes from.
it obviously all depends on whether an afl club takes him on or not milky. if no club does then yes he will be at the cattery next year. if an afl club wants to have a crack at him come draft time then you could bet your bottom dollar he'd be willing to have a second crack at afl level. unfortunately though there are no guarantees in the draft system so not even he himself would know what he is doing next year. I don't know how anyone can categorically say that he will definitely be at the cattery next year because the truth is that no one knows at this stage.

Junkie said:
Ash came right through the ranks of Euroa's juniors up until he played over 100 games with the senior team. Son of Xavier (president) and his brother Daniel plays also. Tank is about 6.1", quick and is strong as an ox, can play fullback/CHB or CHF. His skills aren't one of his strong points but you would expect him to be a walk up start and add a bit of extra grit to the pies.

I don't know Clarke.

Daniel Thompson is a quality player. Sounds like Ash will add something as well and any bloke in the GV that's 201cms should be pretty handy.

jmain14 said:
I'd be happy too if I was getting the money he was getting!!

Got a figure in mind Mainy?

BTW, your poor brother was in the wars at cricket training last night. He accidently got hit with a ball on his leg pretty hard and then about 10mins later he was icing it up when Pepsi smacked a straight drive into his other leg!

bradrowe#32 said:
Sounds like Ash will add something as well and any bloke in the GV that's 201cms should be pretty handy.
stevey 'big bird' warner would attest to that. I remember thinking when he first arrived at tigerland how good it'll be for rochy to have a player of that size given that scotty hansen had just left the club. what rochy got though was... well not much.

bradrowe#32 said:

BTW, your poor brother was in the wars at cricket training last night. He accidently got hit with a ball on his leg pretty hard and then about 10mins later he was icing it up when Pepsi smacked a straight drive into his other leg!
yeah, in excess of 4 figures mate. have heard on pretty good authority too. am not saying that he is/wasn't worth it either as after all he was one year out of the afl.

yeah I heard the news about my bro. ha ha poor bugger. he didn't get to play school cricket in melbourne today because of it. I don't know who was more shattered - me or him - as I was going to chuck a sicky to watch him!! the unfortunate thing is he copped 2 big hits from pezz and pepsi - once they hit them they stay pretty hit hey...

Brad Smith is pulling on the boots for Echuca again after a year off, injury free - the best player in the league by a big margin! IMO

ECHUCABOY said:
Brad Smith is pulling on the boots for Echuca again after a year off, injury free - the best player in the league by a big margin! IMO
yes he is a very good player and will be a great inclusion to the murray bombers.

bradrowe#32 said:
Daniel Thompson is a quality player. Sounds like Ash will add something as well and any bloke in the GV that's 201cms should be pretty handy.

Damon clarke will play in the ruck changing up forward for euora changing with Jansz!!! Pretty good one two combination!! Should add some more firepower up forward if there isn't already enough with grainger and hyatt and bamford etc. He played 8 years of VFL footy and played 90+ games missing out on 100 due to the allignment and the amount of height carlton had in the reserves!!! Also has done pre seasons with a few AFL clubs in the past so is a very handy player!!!

GVFLFAN said:
Damon clarke will play in the ruck changing up forward for euora changing with Jansz!!! Pretty good one two combination!! Should add some more firepower up forward if there isn't already enough with grainger and hyatt and bamford etc. He played 8 years of VFL footy and played 90+ games missing out on 100 due to the allignment and the amount of height carlton had in the reserves!!! Also has done pre seasons with a few AFL clubs in the past so is a very handy player!!!

Euroa people remind me of Richmond supporters. Have been crap for years and noone, not even there own supporters want to know them and at the first sign if some success they jump on like its a religion, talking up players from here, players from there, talking about how well the club has been run and how they get good support.

Correct me if im wrong but a few years back werent Euroa the equilevent of the Bulldogs?? on the verge of extiction and the first in line for handouts???.

Euroa = the best centrelink fraud in the nation.

tige19 said:
Correct me if im wrong but a few years back werent Euroa the equilevent of the Bulldogs?? on the verge of extiction and the first in line for handouts???.

Around what time was that tige?

Lochy Veale has signed at Shepp Swans, the former Hawk and Bulldog is shifting up there after securing a descent job with the league. On a descent wage to at the Swans, dunno if he will be enough to save Shepp from being the down wrong end of the table though.

cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tige19 said:
Euroa people remind me of Richmond supporters. Have been crap for years and noone, not even there own supporters want to know them and at the first sign if some success they jump on like its a religion, talking up players from here, players from there, talking about how well the club has been run and how they get good support.

You're an absolute fu#4kwit Tige! Can you point out Euroa's poor years both on the field and financially?

Making claims like that removes any credibility you ever had, and I used to read your posts with interest.

Euroa has played finals footy regularly in the last 9 or so years and have always had a strong following for a town their size.

Who has been making all these claims you refer to? Stick to the facts you redneck freak!

fat back pocket said:
Harsh critics at the footy show. I sent that rippa in from the Rochy game (round 3) and it didn't get on.

The grand final mark was by far the best mark i have on tape. With the crowd in the back ground, makes it that little bit better.

Yeah it is great, that one hand mark i cant believe didnt get on compared to some of the ********e that does, maybe they just didnt receive it. Would of won for sure.

bradrowe#32 said:

Ha ha ha, his legs would of snapped in half he is that skinny, especially the one that he got nailed on by pepsi.

tige19 said:

Um dont quite know were you get this information about Euroa from but they were always in the finals in the late 90's early 2000 when the Baker boys were around. I would say have done a lot better than half the clubs in the GV over last 8 - 10 years

tige19 said:

Bad call. Vying with Sidey for uninformed post of the week!

Mooroopna may have jumped the gun with going public about snaring Geoff Connally. Tongala believe they are still in with a good chance of keeping the GV defender. See the story in the paper didnt have any quotes from Geoff himself so they obviously didnt contact him to see if the story was true!!. Will be interesting to see what comes of this one, especially if they do lose Norman also.

GVFLFAN said:
Damon clarke will play in the ruck changing up forward for euora changing with Jansz!!! Pretty good one two combination!! Should add some more firepower up forward if there isn't already enough with grainger and hyatt and bamford etc.

Sounds like Damon Clarke would've been the difference to Euroa's fortune's in 2005. Saw Euroa play 4 times this season, and each time I thought they struggled against the opposition ruckman. Big Jansz would not doubt appreciate the chop out it sounds like he's gunna get in 2006. Is Ash Thomo referred to by some as "Bomber"? Remember a guy of that description I met thru Johnny Burns and Mr. McMartin a few times over the years?

MAXIMUM_POWER said:
Bad call. Vying with Sidey for uninformed post of the week!

Gold, like it Max . . . young Sidey does leave us scratching our heads at times hey?

Wizz said:
Ha ha ha, his legs would of snapped in half he is that skinny, especially the one that he got nailed on by pepsi.

Yeah the poor kid. I kind of feel bad because I was waiting to bowl at the time and Pepsi smacked the ball and I put my hand there, but quickly pulled it away! The ball then went SMACK into his leg.

Doona2 said:
SAAD'S SHOT AT BOMBERSBy Richard Goodbody

November 10 2005
Shepparton News

High-flying Seymour premiership hero Saad Saad could soon be landing at Windy Hill.
The mercurial superstar, who this year led Seymour to a euphoric Goulburn Valley Football League premiership, attended a meeting with Essendon officials late last night before donning the red and black training guernsey for a gruelling track session.

While the Bombers had not lodged Saad's paperwork with the AFL at the time of going to print, it is expected they will make a request today for the 22-year-old to join them on a regular basis ahead of the AFL National Draft on November 26.

Not surprisingly, the former VFL forward was delighted with the news yesterday.

"I'm rapt," Saad said.

"There's been no promises (about being drafted), but I'm in with a shot.

"I just want to put my best foot forward."

Over the years, Essendon coach Kevin Sheedy has shown a willingness to look outside of the circle when it comes to recruiting and managing players.

Dean Wallis, Courtney Johns and more recently Andrew Lovett are just some of the men Sheedy has invested his faith in before later being rewarded.

Taking the Lions' magician straight from the GVFL, however, could be a prospect that even Sheedy may baulk at.

But according to the man himself, he's one player the four-time premiership coach should punt on.

"I've still got a lot of good footy ahead of me," Saad said.

"I'm only 22 and Craig Bradley played until he was 39 and Nathan Buckley's still playing at 34, so there's no reason why I couldn't have a long career.

"I did a pre-season with them in 2002 and then got cut which was pretty disappointing, but now I've got a second chance."

After barnstorming his way into the GVFL, which included a bag of 11 goals against Rochester on debut, Saad delivered on his enormous potential by leading the Lions to premiership glory.

The small forward bagged 99 goals for the season, while electrifying the crowds with his sublime skills and aerial genius.

Saad has previously played with the Northern Bullants in the VFL.

SEE WHAT THE BOMBERS SAW

November 10 2005
Shepparton News

Essendon's approach to glamour Seymour forward Saad Saad did not happen by accident. While the former Northern Bullant is a player of enormous talent, Saad can also thank Seymour teammate Stuart Peterson for lending a helping hand.

After dominating the Goulburn Valley Football League Grand Final, not to mention the home and away season, Peterson compiled a DVD of Saad's finest moments before it was mailed to the AFL's 16 clubs.

After liking what it saw, Essendon recently invited the 22-year-old to join its training ranks.

If you'd like to see what Essendon saw, go to www.news.mcmedia.com.au and follow the links.

Just enjoyed the show. Questions for the Seymour blokes and GVFL guys in general. Is videotaping of games common in your part of the state? Or is it a case of 'have star player, will video'?

Lastly, is Saad Saad too small to make the AFL? Hard to get a read on his size from the footage cos the bastard never stopped moving, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad