Official team v Aints

Remove this Banner Ad

Ox just displayed his keen football knowledge with the statement that Nathan Foley is better than Joel Selwood! Fair dinkum his statements are getting more and more erratic.

Last week he said that Thomas was the best wet weather footballer in the competition, pretty big statement given it is the biggest drought in 100 years and he's probably played all of two games in the wet (if that). I bet it would probably surprise the current Brownlow medallist who averages something like 30 touches in the wet too.

Anyway, back on topic, I can't see a match up in the Saints for Steve Johnson, I'd tip him for a big week. With Ablett, Corey, and Johnson at the very least likely to have big games, well I'd be worried if I followed the Saints.

I think Mackie is a big out for this week. His pace out of the backline is pretty important. Ottens out is a loss too.

D Johnson being named as an emergency means that Hunt might be carrying an injury...

Oddly this is a game I might have played Byrnes in. I'm no fan but I think he's been OK this year and his speed against the Saints might have been useful.

Re: Round 4 Team

Quit following me around then. Jeez. You're more obsessed with Byrnes than I am.

Geez you two if you don't stop fighting I'm turning this car around and we're going straight home!!!;)

This isn't the game to bring Prismall in. St Kilda's weak spot (well aside from their midfield and forwardline) is their backline - completely and utterly overrated even when at full strength. Gram and Goddard can both play but aside from that they leak like a sieve. Gamble's a good choice and did well against Essendon, not so much in the fact that he kicked 3 but more because he really looked like he knew what he was doing - leads beautifully, gets into space, stays out of the roads of our other forwards. Fits in a treat.

Just can not see Harry Taylor making way for anyone right now. What if he stitched up Kozy or Riewoldt this week. Mackie would probably come in for Hunt, if anyone (i guess it depends on the Sydney forwards who line up in Round 5)
Future selection dilemmas will really hit in the backline when Ego is finally ready.

I don't think Gamble will play VFL again this year if he consistantly plays as he did in Round 2.

Yes and agree with above poster about Steve Johnson, due for a big one

Just can not see Harry Taylor making way for anyone right now. What if he stitched up Kozy or Riewoldt this week. Mackie would probably come in for Hunt, if anyone (i guess it depends on the Sydney forwards who line up in Round 5)
Future selection dilemmas will really hit in the backline when Ego is finally ready.

I don't think Gamble will play VFL again this year if he consistantly plays as he did in Round 2.

Hunt is not in contention to be dropped. Geelong doesn't give first year players a huge workload, so despite his great form it would probably be Taylor to get a rest when Mackie returns. If you want to see a real backline dilemma, wait until Egan returns.

Hunt is not in contention to be dropped. Geelong doesn't give first year players a huge workload, so despite his great form it would probably be Taylor to get a rest when Mackie returns. If you want to see a real backline dilemma, wait until Egan returns.

Taylor will probably fall off a bit as the season progresses. How many did Tomma play last year before being sent to the Magoos?

Hunt won't be dropped any time soon, barring injury of course.

Very disappointed with SJ last week.. Cameron Bruce was Melbourne's best. He ran forward off Johnson, found way too much space, created a lot of opportunites and kicked 3 goals.

Smart teams will exploit this part of Johnson's game and its something I hope he has addressed this week.

Taylor is 21 i think, so he's kind of a different first year player. mite not drop off as much as others mite. But yeah i do think he will make way for mackie when he comes back.

Still im sure the coaches, (and really himself) should be rapt that he's got to play 3, 4 or maybe 5 games in a row in a good team, learnt a few things and shown a few things he can do. think most of us would say its been a big success too.

poor old prismall. cant get a run. terribly frustrated for the guy, seems to be those hard working kinda players that u like to have around. when he finally does crack into the team i hope he works his arse off so it makes it impossible for him to be dropped. hope hes keepin his head up.

Will Prismall be the unlucky emergency for the 1s who has to miss footy all weekend especially as the 2s are playing on saturday as well.

Its sort of teasing if that happens or maybe just giving him a little more incentive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

byrnes last game was not that bad by his standards and i dont think gamble has reached the status of automatic selection.

An automatic selection is a player who gets picked every week regardless of form.

That's far from the case with Gamble.

Ryan earnt his spot in the team through his performances in the first two rounds, the fact he missed one through injury doesn't mean he should have to go back to the VFL and earn another chance.

If he has a bad game this weekend then he'll probably go back to the VFL, but he most definitely deserved to come back into the senior team this week.

they have james kelly listed twice..

every week i think prismall might get a chance...but every week im disappointed...will he ever get a go?

I think Bomber has indicated that he'll get a run in a couple of weeks. I guess the match committee is struggling to get everyone who deserves a game actually on the park. And with players due to come back from injury it'll only get worse. Great situation to be in, but hard on the players. I'm really hoping Varcoe makes it back but he's really fallen down the pecking order. :(

No surprises with the team. I think Gamble is a better option than Prismall this week because our forward line has been slightly struggling and he'll give us another marking option. Plus, he has been very good so far this year.

As somebody else has said, I'm not sure if Prismall will get a chance unless a midfielder is injured. I thought he might be a good selection to play against Sydney next week but I think we'll have to make room for Mackie.

Good to see Gamble back in. I don't think Wojcinski is being used as much as he should be rebounding from the backline with his pace.. maybe an injury?

Remove this Banner Ad

Official team v Aints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back