Mega Thread Official Thread: Melbourne Coach 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: Melbourne Coach 2012

Malthouse for mine :D

Haha, I came to your board to see if there was any news on Bailey getting the arse.

He's still in line to coach next year isn't he?

Suprise, Suprise. Someone mentions betting and a Collingwood supporter shows up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would love to see Bails coach next year. He started the journey that the club keeps speaking about. Dean has made tough calls that perhaps have cost him wins.But I think he will be coaching for his future to some extent over the next 8 weeks. The Board would have to be concerned about the gap between our best and our worst this year. Ok, we beat teams below us and get beaten by teams that are better than us. No surprise there. But it's the way that we are getting beaten.

Is the coach extracting the best from his players often enough? Just a question. I know we are young which means we will be up and down. But this is the question that needs to be answered.

I really don't think the club will let Bailey go and bring in another 'untried' coach. The only way Bailey will be asked to leave, is if Malthouse or Roos became interested in the job. And this would be a massive outside chance. Collingwood won't let Malthouse go to another club and Roos has shown zero interest in coaching next year. Bailey IMO will be our coach in 2012. But he needs some help in the box! Time to spend some coin on proven assisstant coaches....

Took ten years to win a flag.

Bailey for mine, built this group and it's developing nicely.

that is the worst logic ... not only did he nearly knock off the brisbane superpower with a collingwood side that on paper didnt even deserve to be on the same field, but they have maybe only missed one finals since then and are now on the verge of a dynasty even more impressive than the geelong one..
also? how many premiership coaches have coached melbourne since 64?

malthouse by the end of this year will have coached in 4 GFS in 10 yrs
we havent even played in 4 since 64

I would love to see Bails coach next year. He started the journey that the club keeps speaking about. Dean has made tough calls that perhaps have cost him wins.But I think he will be coaching for his future to some extent over the next 8 weeks. The Board would have to be concerned about the gap between our best and our worst this year. Ok, we beat teams below us and get beaten by teams that are better than us. No surprise there. But it's the way that we are getting beaten.

Is the coach extracting the best from his players often enough? Just a question. I know we are young which means we will be up and down. But this is the question that needs to be answered.

my opinion on both of those

its more the fact that we are only beating interstate sides at the G, i dont think you can claim that smashing adelaide, fremantle and brisbane at the G is anything more than job done .. hell we were beating freo and the lions when were bottom! we need more (a) win/s against hawthorn, carlton, nth, WB and stkilda

is he gettin the best out of his players .. you can make an argument for both... id say he is gettin the best out of the juniors, but not out of the seniors.. and the juniors could be argued as natural development

green could play better though granted his age means he is in natural decline

sylvia is no were near the player he could be imo
moloney still is a one trick pony who hasnt been taught to shark the oppo ruck man
rivers still can only play as the 3rd backman
davey still cant break a tag or win his own footy
and all of whom go missing when the heat is really put on

on the flipside credit were credit is due for the development of jamar, frawley, watts, martin, jones, mckenzie, etc

@nickgrand69

Brent Moloney is not a one trick pony. Yes, he has a very good trick (combo with Russian) but does a lot of solid work away from clearances.

Jared Rivers should only play as a 3rd backman. He only has the height and weight for that role.

I partially agree with your call in Colin Sylvia but he has been building much more consistency recently

Davey being unable to break a tag is a problem but he is too far into his career to rectify it now

that is the worst logic ... not only did he nearly knock off the brisbane superpower with a collingwood side that on paper didnt even deserve to be on the same field, but they have maybe only missed one finals since then and are now on the verge of a dynasty even more impressive than the geelong one..
also? how many premiership coaches have coached melbourne since 64?

malthouse by the end of this year will have coached in 4 GFS in 10 yrs
we havent even played in 4 since 64

Malthouse did state that it took 5 years to build the team of assistants.

I think that realistically we're aiming for a 2014-15 premiership, so to have his assistants sorted out by 2016 is too long.

Mark Neeld?

We'd be mad to go there. His resume is almost the same as Bailey's - played a few seasons as a player, never played in a premiership. Served as an assistant under a premiership coach for a few years. I wouldn't feel any more excited about him as a prospect than we did when Bailey was appointed. I can't see the board voting for that change. There's no promotional factor with Neeld either - hardly anyone knows who he is. If we change coach, it will have to be an experienced senior coach. If none were available, getting a club champion like Viney might stir some excitement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back