Remove this Banner Ad

HeziBarecket

All Australian
Mar 8, 2009
Yeshiva
AFL Club
Carlton
SERIOUSLY.

Let's not make the usual excuses as the regulars here love to do and we get bundled out and under perform.

Betts was a gun.

This year he is looking underdone. Lost even. Isn't playing to position and just goes missing.

He needs a lift or he's just another 'neon Leon'.

He needs to destroy a few teams, hopefully the Bummers, but at this rate he looks like the new 'neon Leon'. Shame.

Well he's probably our best forward, up against the best team in the league and does nothing. What's hysterical about that Smallwini?

Well our bottom 6 let us down. Guys like Carazzo, Thorton, Walker will always shlep out against quality and pressure, imagine if Houla was there?

The complexion of the side is changing so we will improve, but the passengers hurt us.

Betts needs to do more, regardless. He needs some confidence games and a good game against another good side.

Agree with OP
was playing like he thought he was a full forward?
should have been attacking the crumbs from Hampson and Thornton but was way out of position and just not in the game.

I was surprised when we subbed off Walker ahead of Betts. Didn't look at all like Betts would get into the game, very weird decision from the coach imo.

There were so many passengers out there tonight, I could have easily subbed half a dozen of them!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O'Brien always beats him.

If you put Betts in Blair's shoes, he would have crumbed two to four if he was one out in a forward structure that working. Blues played the boundary line and didn't really get enough ball in there quickly for Eddie to his work. We use him as a lead up forward against a side that gets numbers back after we slowed down the play. They play K.I.S.S footy and just keep rolling the ball forward. They produced a four on one against a second gamer to get an easy goal.

Betts is the definition of a down-hill skier.

He was putrid tonight. I felt embarrassed seeing him goal only after Dawes kicked the sealer in the 4th.

Garlett was fantastic. Betts need to HTFU because a 21 year old Garlett is already twice the player he is.

O'Brien always beats him.

If you put Betts in Blair's shoes, he would have crumbed two to four if he was one out in a forward structure that working. Blues played the boundary line and didn't really get enough ball in there quickly for Eddie to his work. We use him as a lead up forward against a side that gets numbers back after we slowed down the play. They play K.I.S.S footy and just keep rolling the ball forward. They produced a four on one against a second gamer to get an easy goal.

Nice to see that at least somebody respects the opposition.
Eddie Betts is quick, marking forward. He is playing on a quick, amazingly offensive/defensive defender, who happens to be double his size.
Collingwood is the one side who has the perfect match up for him.

The biggest disappointment of the night, never seems to stand up in big games I'm afraid, he is lucky he is pretty much guaranteed a game very week

Weak as piss all of you.

THis is the guy who stepped up to fill the gap for most of 2010. Bit early for the assassination.

Guys, he's been good to us for ages, lets not crucify him now! teams are obviously aware of what hes capable of which is why he gets tagged like a champion.
Harry O this week, Campbell Brown last week.

I think hes still OK...... He'll shine next week against the Dons!

Didn't even know he was playing. Just seriously not good enough from an experienced player. I'd almost put him behind the ball or drop him. Needs to work harder and help out his "mates."

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh Eddie Betts, where art thou?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back