Oh, look - Richmond plays Norf at Etihad - A-****ING-GAIN!

Does the AFL have it in for Richmond?

• Yes

• Of course

• It couldn't be more blatant

• Have a look at the free kick differential

• I'm a salty nuffy

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
There's equalisation, and there's manipulation.

Ah, the ALF FIXture. This week, the powers that be pinheads have once again decreed that Richmond should play Norf at Etihad. It marks our seventh straight regular season meeting with Norf at their home ground, and nine of the past 10.

In fact, 15 of the last 20 Richmond-Norf regular season matches have been at Etihad (13) or Hobart (2), with just 5 at the MCG. That's 75% home games for them, 25% for us, over a 16-year period. Three of those Etihad games had Richmond as the nominal home team! That's right, we were hosting them, at their house! Farken lol.

This is a pattern with minnow clubs. 21 of our last 31 games against St Kilda (68%) have been at their home ground, including 4 when we were supposedly the home side. 14 of our last 20 (70%) against the Bulldogs have been played guess where - Docklands! - 3 of those as the 'home' side!

And it continues with interstate clubs. Just 14 of our 36 matches against Freo, 16 of 42 v West Coast (3 of our last 12), and 11 of 37 against Adelaide (including the grand final) have been at the MCG. FIVE out of our 29 games against Poort have been at the G. FIVE. Yeah, there's been 4 at Etihad (not our home ground) and the one we sold to Darwin, but that still leaves 19 of 29 Richmond v Poort games at their home ground. That's 66%.

I was wondering why this is. Is it to give these battling teams a better chance to win? Is it to give them the gate receipts from hosting a big club? So, I checked Collingwood against the same teams. After all, they are the second-biggest club and believe it or not, were once bigger than us.

Nup. Of the last 18 Collingwood-Norf games, it's a 9-9 split between the G and the Dump. 11 of the past 20 Mudpie-Saints matches have been at the G. Only v the Bulldogs do Collingwood suffer Richmond's fate, with 18 of their past 27 meetings at Etihad. (Wow, the Dogs really do get looked after.)

TL;DR: What a rort. LOL Norf.

Richmond fan sooking about playing away from the G for the second time this year :think:

Norf odds are looking juicy right about now.

That whole 10 minutes extra on the train will be a challenge.

Although why the complaining its a Norf home game.

The bigger question is. Will Starburns_ be attending the game? Or did last year put him off for life

Its an away games for Richmond. MCC members and home game members wont attend. AFL members and 17 game memberships can get in for free.

Question is would that portion of Richmond supporters outnumber Norf

No, I'm sooking about playing Norf away from the G for the 16th time in 21 meetings. Did you not read the OP?
You get to play all of the big crowd drawing teams as home games... the AFL has to keep the big clubs as big clubs so of course you will play smaller clubs as away games.. wouldnt complain if I were you, keeps your pockets full

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THIS IS ****ING BULLSHIT. WE HAVE TO PLAY TWO AWAY GAMES IN A ROW V PIES AND SHEMONS, NOW THIS SHIT. CORRUPT AFL IS CORRUPT.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Its an away games for Richmond. MCC members and home game members wont attend. AFL members and 17 game memberships can get in for free.

Question is would that portion of Richmond supporters outnumber Norf

All portions and sectors of the Richmond membership outnumber LolNorf.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That whole 10 minutes extra on the train will be a challenge.

Although why the complaining its a Norf home game.

The bigger question is. Will Starburns_ be attending the game? Or did last year put him off for life
I don't consider him one of us.. He had no faith in the coach or Dion Prestia last year, then he jumped on the bandwagon when we won the flag.

I don't consider him one of us.. He had no faith in the coach or Dion Prestia last year, then he jumped on the bandwagon when we won the flag.
Why does every campaigner on here pretend to be a supporter of a team who they don't really support? :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh, look - Richmond plays Norf at Etihad - A-****ING-GAIN!

Back