Oh No- Not Centrals

Remove this Banner Ad

Has there ever been any thought as to Central District changing their name to a more representative locality based name? Have always thought it is an inappropriate, and nothing sounding name for a sports team. Obviously named by a committee!

Centrals have developed into a great club and I think say "Elizabeth FC" or "Playford FC" etc would be much better and Stronger name as well as giving the much maligned Elizabeth area some real pride in the name exactly the same way as Port Adelaide.

Worth a thought.

Have the Port Magpies ever thought about changing to Alberton FC, North to Prospect FC, South to Noarlunga FC, west to Richmond FC.... What a stupid idea to change Centrals, or anyones name, then technically, Sturt should be called UNLEY FC....
have a pleasant day and thank god you're only a blogger

The difference is that all the teams you name are name based in an actual area. Central District does not exist! And it is certainly not based in central adelaide. It was a 60's mistake that needs correcting. A lot of Central fans want this too from what I was told last week. But each to their own. Centrelink FC is different but does sound stronger.

God stop your bloody whinging!!! Fair dinkum, it all boils down to jealously and hate. 9 grand finals in a row is a bloody awesome achievement no matter what club it is! Just fantastic that it happens to be the club I support. If your clubs were actually good enough then they would have done the same, but clearly they are not so they didn't! Simple.

BTW, I don't condone what James Gowans did that day but he did hit him for a reason....Gowans boys have memories.

The difference is that all the teams you name are name based in an actual area. Central District does not exist! And it is certainly not based in central adelaide. It was a 60's mistake that needs correcting. A lot of Central fans want this too from what I was told last week. But each to their own. Centrelink FC is different but does sound stronger.

If you have a look at the Adelaide Plains, you may just find that Elizabeth/Salisbury area is located in the central part..............

worst straw man attack ever.

And as for Centrals fans wanting the name changed, that is complete wah wah. The Centrals chant is one of the keystones of our club.

If you have a look at the Adelaide Plains, you may just find that Elizabeth/Salisbury area is located in the central part..............

worst straw man attack ever.

And as for Centrals fans wanting the name changed, that is complete wah wah. The Centrals chant is one of the keystones of our club.
If you watch the weather reports, there is often a reference to the central or other districts, often to do with frost warnings etc.

I have never met a Centrals supporter who wanted to change the name of the club, not sure where that goose gets his information.

And supporters of every other club should be careful, JEALOUSY is one of the 7 deadly sins. You will only lead yourselves into a dark place being that jealous of the success of another club. Centrals certainly didn't become succesful through Jealousy, they admired those more successful than them, then made decisions, and took actions that resulted in the success.

Well you would know more than me. I'm just reiterating what I heard from talking to Dogs fans on Sunday. They were saying that since 90% of fans were from Elizabeth the side should be renamed to give it some soul. I agreed and so
did the norwood and bay fans in our area. I'm sure there will always be disagreements though. Apparently this issue
will be raised at club level according to this group of Dog supporters.

I reckon you should get yourself some new sources. I am sure the board has a lot more important things to talk about than changing the name of the club.

I reckon about 40% of the supporters come from Elizabeth, another 30% from the Barossa, and the other 30% come from a whole lot of other places.

I also have a question for you Edward Teach.... Why would anyone want to be a Sturt Supporter?

I declare this weeks Prelim the REAL Grand Final.

Because it IS boring seeing Centrals in a Grand Final 9 times running.

Cool KingsCrow, you keep revising history and calling fake GFs. We'll keep rewriting history.

Year after year, it ain't boring.

While we were the sentimental favourites in the past, we were still labelled scum. You can still label us scum (which will happen whether we win or lose) but we're now winners and we've got a heritage that will be talked about for generations to come.

Well you would know more than me. I'm just reiterating what I heard from talking to Dogs fans on Sunday. They were saying that since 90% of fans were from Elizabeth the side should be renamed to give it some soul. I agreed and so
did the norwood and bay fans in our area. I'm sure there will always be disagreements though. Apparently this issue
will be raised at club level according to this group of Dog supporters.

Possibly one of the funniest things I've ever read on a forum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have played 9 seasons in the SANFL, and that is all you can come up with..... and the bloke earnt it, and probably should have been expecting it. But as always the retaliator gets caught.

I am all for a bit of biff. But thats balls saying he earnt it.

He got punched in the face when we was running to the ball, and was completely unaware that Gowans was going to hit him. Thats cowardly. Gowanly.:)

God stop your bloody whinging!!! Fair dinkum, it all boils down to jealously and hate. 9 grand finals in a row is a bloody awesome achievement no matter what club it is! Just fantastic that it happens to be the club I support. If your clubs were actually good enough then they would have done the same, but clearly they are not so they didn't! Simple.

BTW, I don't condone what James Gowans did that day but he did hit him for a reason....Gowans boys have memories.

But 80% of SANFL supporters dont go for the Dogs.

Its not good for the SANFL as a competition to have the same team in 9 Grand Finals in a row.

But 80% of SANFL supporters dont go for the Dogs.

Its not good for the SANFL as a competition to have the same team in 9 Grand Finals in a row.

Maybe all the others should make themselves up to our standard then.

You can only beat the teams you come up against.

As for the name of CDFC being changed....seriously come on. I honestly cannot believe that. As others have said the Centrals chant is a keystone of the club...it struck a very imposing sound yesterday in the 2nd half. :thumbsu:

I am all for a bit of biff. But thats balls saying he earnt it.

He got punched in the face when we was running to the ball, and was completely unaware that Gowans was going to hit him. Thats cowardly. Gowanly.:)

You're good at history revision aren't Kings.
Never mind the whack that preceded that incident.

I reckon you should get yourself some new sources. I am sure the board has a lot more important things to talk about than changing the name of the club.

I reckon about 40% of the supporters come from Elizabeth, another 30% from the Barossa, and the other 30% come from a whole lot of other places.

I also have a question for you Edward Teach.... Why would anyone want to be a Sturt Supporter?

Why??? Sh*t where do I start!!
More Premierships, more history, great area, more supporters.... I could go on but I don't want to crush you...

Centrals have NEVER beaten Sturt in a GF!

Sturt 1 Centrals 0

They have played 9 seasons in the SANFL, and that is all you can come up with..... and the bloke earnt it, and probably should have been expecting it. But as always the retaliator gets caught.

oh dear. all i can come up with?... sorry.. but i dont have a personal gowans brothers bootleg video collection that i can upload onto youtube and then link to a bigfooty forum to enhance by argument. :rolleyes:

someone asked why people hate them, this is why. :cool:

im not denying the fact they have had a massive influence on CDs success. kudos to them for that... and kudos to cdfc for snaring them. but they certainly aren't the cleanest players going around.

Centrals will lose the GF to Sturt.

When tested, Centrals go to pieces.

Weak ferals.

Why??? Sh*t where do I start!!
More Premierships, more history, great area, more supporters.... I could go on but I don't want to crush you...

Centrals have NEVER beaten Sturt in a GF!

Sturt 1 Centrals 0

Still living in the past i see

More Premierships.... i am pretty confident there have been more dogs premierships in your lifetime than blues premierships.

More History....like what? nearly going broke, cleaning up dog shit off the oval before you play each week, dodging the swings and slippery dip on the outer wing at unley playground?

Great Area.... lived there for 4 years, thought it was nice, but not great ... too many w***ers lol

More supporters... to my understanding CDFC has more paid up members, and from my memory we certainly outnumbered you last weekend.

Don't worry mate, not even close to crushing me, go your hardest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh No- Not Centrals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back