Ok. We had our sook. Now list your final three coaches prefs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. um... realistic? I hate to break it to you but Eade got the virtual sack.

2. Realistic? Malthouse won't be coming.

3. Realistic? Thompson is home, back at Essendon where he wanted to be. Ready to move on after one very middling year? I don't think so.

yeh I said the first two wont happen. But Thompson could be a possibility if he's keen on being a senior coach again. No one knows what his interests may be, but I bet he will cop a few approaches from a few clubs, regardless where his interests lay, and whether he's happy or not doing what he's doing at the bombers. Being a player there to being an assistant coach years later... may not have the same vibe as it did years gone by. Worth approaching in my opinion, as the other options on the table don't seem to rate against the coach we had.

If we cant get a coach of high caliber, then I'd like to see Paul Williams given a crack for more than 3 games.

Garlick confirmed we have meetings with two premiership coaches lined up this week.

I guess this means Mark Williams and .... Bomber? Roos? Malthouse? Surely not the old school coaches in Matthews & Pagan!

-Can't be Roos, he keeps saying he is staying contracted to the media role he is enjoying to much.

-Bomber would be laughable, snobbing Geelong to Essendon back to his home. Wouldn't move tahat quickly.

- Collingwood still cannot rule out Malthouse might be leaving but that would be a long shot to arrive at us.

I see it as Mark Williams for sure though.

Garlick confirmed we have meetings with two premiership coaches lined up this week.

I guess this means Mark Williams and .... Bomber? Roos? Malthouse? Surely not the old school coaches in Matthews & Pagan!

Guys do your homework one is Allan Joyce it's part of the sequel YEAR OF THE DOG 2 :)

Conrad Taylor from Werribee Motor Group (Nissan, Volkswagan etc.)? A great supporter who supplies cars for some of our players and is still a Westerner,
but please don't over estimated how much he tips in.

He, like all supporters has a preference, but Just because "he really wants Cameron" you are assuming he will stop being a member and financial supporter if we get someone else!
This means nothing to the sub-committee in the overall scheme of things.

Wrong Guy !!

Think Holden/audi/mazda

Williams is a premiership coach. A decent one too. I think people are misjudging him as a result of the last year at port. Look at the way they played this year. It would have never happened under him. I hope we pick him up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That piece reads like a testimonial for someone who has it in the bag. That better not be the case.

So his ex coach is Danny Frawley ,Terry Wallace and was a assistant to coach we sacked and now this

Former Tiger captain Wayne Campbell played Teal Cup with Cameron and, reunited at Richmond, the pair hit it off to the extent that their 30th birthdays became a joint celebration.
Campbell prefaced his comments about Cameron last week with an important rider — "I'm his friend".

Please this cant be happening

So his ex coach is Danny Frawley ,Terry Wallace and was a assistant to coach we sacked and now this

Former Tiger captain Wayne Campbell played Teal Cup with Cameron and, reunited at Richmond, the pair hit it off to the extent that their 30th birthdays became a joint celebration.
Campbell prefaced his comments about Cameron last week with an important rider — "I'm his friend".

Please this cant be happening

:eek: Has to be a rider on this if he gets the job :p

Pagan! He's past his use-by date, but having said that - he was brilliant with developing young players. Remember how he never missed the reserves GF for 10 years or so, and promptly brought North to the finals and two premierships.

Remarkable reading! And to think after all that robust discussion we ended up with Rohde!!

Interesting to see someone throw up Gary O'Donnell. He ended up not being a senior coach (although I think he coached one game when Sheeds had surgery).

Wonder what we will think of this very thread in 2020 when we revisit this! Bloody hope we will select THE coach to take us to the promised land.

Wonder what we will think of this very thread in 2020 when we revisit this! Bloody hope we will select THE coach to take us to the promised land.

Good point, someone should bottle this thread up and put it in a time-capsule under EJ's statue!

Michael Malthouse
Steve Silvagni
Brendon Lade
Wayne Campbell
Gavin Brown
Mark Neeld
Leon Cameron
Brenton Sanderson
Ken Hinkley
Gary Hocking
Neil Craig
Gary Ayres
Tony Liberatore
Matthew Knights
Denis Pagan
Brian Royal
Scott West
Paul Williams
Nathan Buckley
Simon Goodwin
Leigh Matthews
Paul Roos
Grant Thomas
Chris Bond
Brendan McCarthy
Dean Laidley
Kerri Ward
Robbie Deans
Peter German
Nathan Bassett
Peter Sumich
Scott Burns
Barry Hall
Craig Bellamy / Wayne Bennett
Brian Goorjian
Marcello Lippi
Gerard Fitzgerald
Paul Williams
Mark Thompson
Gary O'Donnell

There's a list of 41 candidates (no particular order) mentioned in this thread.

Okay, a few of those names are jokes but the point of the list is to show how much p1ssing in the wind a lot of you are doing!

Most of those above never had and never will have a chance of coaching the Dogs. When you hear any name mentioned, question the source - who is it? Is it first hand, second hand or twelth hand?!

:footy:

it has been said that coaching is over rated, and that recruting and list management is where clubs should spend more money.

any way this wont happen for a few reasons the main one being i do think Leon Cameron has the job.

could you look for the best coaches from other codes and craig Bellamy would top the list of coachs in australia, the big tick he has is the respect he gets from his players and his player management skill, he is the reason the storm are sitting on top of the ladder.

Good point, someone should bottle this thread up and put it in a time-capsule under EJ's statue!

Michael Malthouse
Steve Silvagni
Brendon Lade
Wayne Campbell
Gavin Brown
Mark Neeld
Leon Cameron
Brenton Sanderson
Ken Hinkley
Gary Hocking
Neil Craig
Gary Ayres
Tony Liberatore
Matthew Knights
Denis Pagan
Brian Royal
Scott West
Paul Williams
Nathan Buckley
Simon Goodwin
Leigh Matthews
Paul Roos
Grant Thomas
Chris Bond
Brendan McCarthy
Dean Laidley
Kerri Ward
Robbie Deans
Peter German
Nathan Bassett
Peter Sumich
Scott Burns
Barry Hall
Craig Bellamy / Wayne Bennett
Brian Goorjian
Marcello Lippi
Gerard Fitzgerald
Paul Williams
Mark Thompson
Gary O'Donnell

There's a list of 41 candidates (no particular order) mentioned in this thread.

Okay, a few of those names are jokes but the point of the list is to show how much p1ssing in the wind a lot of you are doing!

Most of those above never had and never will have a chance of coaching the Dogs. When you hear any name mentioned, question the source - who is it? Is it first hand, second hand or twelth hand?!

:footy:

That's a great long list, but what/who are YOUR 3 prefered coaching choices.......?

hence thread title. :)

That's a great long list, but what/who are YOUR 3 prefered coaching choices.......?

hence thread title. :)

Not knowing any of them personally and having never had any involvemen in an AFL Club; if I was to urinate into the proverbial wind I'd plump for Messrs Neeld, Malthouse and Roos as a top three. Probably followed by Scott Burns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back