Media Okeydoke Media: What’s Worth Celebrating?

What should the TFLUA-Tiger Award Be Renamed After?

• The Filth Wizard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Prospect Vale's Finest

• Tigerturbulance

• Tarkyn_24

• Hate

• Ant Bear

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

OPINION

TFLUA Tiger Award Must Change - Review the Rest!

League history has been preserved, protected and celebrated more than ever thanks to the genius that is Sweet FA+. The brainchild of Hate is perhaps the second most important contribution to this league in its history, second only to the creation of qooty and the Sweet FA by Mobbs.

In a time where experienced posters were losing patience, people were questioning the quality of the league (a cyclical debate) and many newer posters struggled to find information about the league’s history, Hate has created an incredible resource.

This resource should encourage league administrator Kennedy Parker and his committee to consider the history of the league and what is worth celebrating.

The Hall of Fame process was back this year and is a great way of acknowledging our best. But the other important way the league acknowledges its best contributors is through its annual awards.

As much as I love protecting and preserving history, refreshing is important. We have seen the Alf Andrews Medal change to the Fred Medal, for instance. Nobody saw this as a dig at the historical figure in Alf Andrews - they saw it as an update to capture MORE of the league’s history and to acknowledge a favourite of the league for his contributions.

This committee should review all awards and determine whether they are, in Season 35, appropriately attributed to figures worthy of acknowledgement.

In particular, the fact we still award the TFLUA Tiger award to the player deemed the best by the committee is farcical and embarrassing.

TFLUA Tiger played a grand total of 96 games. He was league administrator for a short stint. During this stint, TFLUA Tiger almost certainly CHEATED his way to his only premiership, with many posters from that time adamant that this was proven to be true seasons later.

It is inconceivable that after 35 seasons, we still acknowledge this 96 game cheater when choosing the player of the season.

Kennedy Parker and his committee must act to rename this award with urgency. And I’m doing so, should review all league awards.

And for what it's worth, absolutely agree okeydoke7.

Ridiculous an award is named after him, of all people that have come through the game.

Some alternate name ideas:
  • Jobe3Votes
  • ShaunDuggan
  • Gym4Life
  • ClarkeM
  • Rick18
  • Kerrby

And for what it's worth, absolutely agree okeydoke7.

Ridiculous an award is named after him, of all people that have come through the game.

Some alternate name ideas:
  • Jobe3Votes
  • ShaunDuggan
  • Gym4Life
  • ClarkeM
  • Rick18
  • Kerrby
A real mix of posters there.

I really like/d 3.

Embarrassingly, yes.

What were your thoughts of TFLUA Tiger? You were around.
Oh I've already expressed my view that he absolutely did cheat - this is not a new opinion and something I have published on multiple occasions.

In terms of being a notable figure in the league, he was hardly that. He was admin for a couple of seasons but in that time the league was still so raw and it didn't yet realise its potential so I can't blame him for having not done much during his time.

Was it he who formed the first legible "Rules and Etiquette"? Who knows and more importantly, who cares.

You didn't expect me to read all of that.
Up to you really.

It’s 343 words. Nowhere near my longest! But if you can’t manage to read that much, that’s fine - no judgement from me :rainbow:

He's not the only one who cheated.
I still remember @ClarkeM’s media piece going through the statistics of simmers and former admins winning premierships. He outlined the statistical unarguable fact that several had cheated. How sad.

It was one of the best media pieces in history. And it was the impetus for me bringing in the multi simmer system we still use today.

Imagine cheating at fantasy football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still remember @ClarkeM’s media piece going through the statistics of simmers and former admins winning premierships. He outlined the statistical unarguable fact that several had cheated. How sad.

It was one of the best media pieces in history. And it was the impetus for me bringing in the multi simmer system we still use today.

Imagine cheating at fantasy football.
It was bizarre. Something like 5/6 of the admin-simmers won a flag in their first season in charge.

Worse - imagine using a league award for the best player of the season and naming it after a cheater who only played 96 games!

It simply MUST change with urgency Kennedy Parker.
You make a good point okey.

How does the boncer34 Medal sound?

To be fair, most admins with the exception of me treat the award with disdain anyway.

I mean, even spookism Has one of these.
This is a rare serious thread. A return to my political media. I ask that you treat the issue seriously and investigate a change.

Who we name awards after matters.

This is a rare serious thread. A return to my political media. I ask that you treat the issue seriously and investigate a change.

Who we name awards after matters.
As I recall, the Alf Andrews Medal was renamed. It upset Mobbs at the time.

So renaming the TFLUA will
A) improve the prestige of the award
B) maybe upset Mobbs

I don't see any downsides to this.

As I recall, the Alf Andrews Medal was renamed. It upset Mobbs at the time.

So renaming the TFLUA will
A) improve the prestige of the award
B) maybe upset Mobbs

I don't see any downsides to this.
Every time you mention me, I make more money.
giftcardfromkp.jpg

While I withhold personal judgement on TFLUA-Tiger who may or may not have been complicit in a #scandal , one must remember that it was a different world. It was truly the season of cheating, with everyone from doggies through to whoever it was who followed boncer34 , being subjected to "please explain" moments during their tenure. If TFLUA-Tiger had not been up to some dodgy shit, then that's when I'd fear what he was truly up to.

One must remember that there are three eras in Sweet FA Administration: Incompetent Strugglers, Smalltown Crooks and Bad Humans.

If my comeback attempt is successful, I promise to be all three. I already have down ... all three.

tldr: TFLUA-Tiger Award could do with a raised profile.

Loving those similar threads too.

I’m the league’s best poster again!

Thanks for qooty Mobbs. It’s fun.
They are there purely because I am replying to one of your threads. I'd forgotten your name until then.

And YOU make Qooty fun. (A little known Fleetwood Mac B-Side)

OPINION

TFLUA Tiger Award Must Change - Review the Rest!

League history has been preserved, protected and celebrated more than ever thanks to the genius that is Sweet FA+. The brainchild of Hate is perhaps the second most important contribution to this league in its history, second only to the creation of qooty and the Sweet FA by Mobbs.

In a time where experienced posters were losing patience, people were questioning the quality of the league (a cyclical debate) and many newer posters struggled to find information about the league’s history, Hate has created an incredible resource.

This resource should encourage league administrator Kennedy Parker and his committee to consider the history of the league and what is worth celebrating.

The Hall of Fame process was back this year and is a great way of acknowledging our best. But the other important way the league acknowledges its best contributors is through its annual awards.

As much as I love protecting and preserving history, refreshing is important. We have seen the Alf Andrews Medal change to the Fred Medal, for instance. Nobody saw this as a dig at the historical figure in Alf Andrews - they saw it as an update to capture MORE of the league’s history and to acknowledge a favourite of the league for his contributions.

This committee should review all awards and determine whether they are, in Season 35, appropriately attributed to figures worthy of acknowledgement.

In particular, the fact we still award the TFLUA Tiger award to the player deemed the best by the committee is farcical and embarrassing.

TFLUA Tiger played a grand total of 96 games. He was league administrator for a short stint. During this stint, TFLUA Tiger almost certainly CHEATED his way to his only premiership, with many posters from that time adamant that this was proven to be true seasons later.

It is inconceivable that after 35 seasons, we still acknowledge this 96 game cheater when choosing the player of the season.

Kennedy Parker and his committee must act to rename this award with urgency. And I’m doing so, should review all league awards.
Depends which time it was changed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Okeydoke Media: What’s Worth Celebrating?

Back