Media Okeydoke Media: What’s Worth Celebrating?

What should the TFLUA-Tiger Award Be Renamed After?

• The Filth Wizard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Prospect Vale's Finest

• Tigerturbulance

• Tarkyn_24

• Hate

• Ant Bear

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I still have PTSD from the tongue lashing you gave me for changing it the first time.
giphy.gif

OPINION

TFLUA Tiger Award Must Change - Review the Rest!

League history has been preserved, protected and celebrated more than ever thanks to the genius that is Sweet FA+. The brainchild of Hate is perhaps the second most important contribution to this league in its history, second only to the creation of qooty and the Sweet FA by Mobbs.

In a time where experienced posters were losing patience, people were questioning the quality of the league (a cyclical debate) and many newer posters struggled to find information about the league’s history, Hate has created an incredible resource.

This resource should encourage league administrator Kennedy Parker and his committee to consider the history of the league and what is worth celebrating.

The Hall of Fame process was back this year and is a great way of acknowledging our best. But the other important way the league acknowledges its best contributors is through its annual awards.

As much as I love protecting and preserving history, refreshing is important. We have seen the Alf Andrews Medal change to the Fred Medal, for instance. Nobody saw this as a dig at the historical figure in Alf Andrews - they saw it as an update to capture MORE of the league’s history and to acknowledge a favourite of the league for his contributions.

This committee should review all awards and determine whether they are, in Season 35, appropriately attributed to figures worthy of acknowledgement.

In particular, the fact we still award the TFLUA Tiger award to the player deemed the best by the committee is farcical and embarrassing.

TFLUA Tiger played a grand total of 96 games. He was league administrator for a short stint. During this stint, TFLUA Tiger almost certainly CHEATED his way to his only premiership, with many posters from that time adamant that this was proven to be true seasons later.

It is inconceivable that after 35 seasons, we still acknowledge this 96 game cheater when choosing the player of the season.

Kennedy Parker and his committee must act to rename this award with urgency. And I’m doing so, should review all league awards.
The Frankston Rover Trophy has a nice ring to it.

By Clarke M. Clarke

Fifa-President-Sepp-Blatt-012.jpg

CORRUPTION has struck the SFA with allegations of cheating, fraud and deceit stemming back to Season 2 surfacing.

The world’s largest fantasy football is currently in crisis-mode as league officials remain confused as the interest of many experienced, respected posters continues to dwindle into the abyss.

On the eve of the Season 19 SFA Grand Final between the Dragons and the Warriors, ClarkeM has resurfaced momentarily from his time away to strike the league at where it hurts the most.

“Okeydoke7, you need to fix this and you need to fix this now”, he exclaimed shaking his fist at a press conference held earlier this morning.

“Since Season Two, we have had eight different simmers in the league. Of those eight, five simmed their own teams to a premiership in the first season in the position. Of those eight, six have simmed their own teams to a premiership alone. Of those eight, six have simmed their team to a Grand Final. Those six are in order: EaglesKickAss, TFLUA-Tiger, Doggiesin08, Boncer34, Loopy_cam and Logger.”
dHDlHd5.png

ClarkeM has been known for not holding back before but what he said next certainly exceeded all expectations and standards from the SFA Hall of Famer.

“The league is riddled with invalidity. Boncer34 in his third season as a simmer is now about to sim his own side to a Grand Final for the third time, effectively, in a row. 100% strike rate for Boncer34; perhaps I was wrong about how grand his appointment as simmer was at the start of the season. In fairness to him, he was the only simmer in the history of the game to sim his side to a Grand Final and lose but perhaps that is just a thin curtain as to what was really going on behind the scenes. A safeguard for future and past ”
3hw7Pgh.png

CLavHxA.png

According to ClarkeM, Boncer34 was one of the most vocal about outing cheating simmers stating that “Boncer34 had a crack at both Doggies and TFLUA-Tiger for the allegations against them” and following it up with “now I see why he was so vocal about it. He wanted to give the illusion that he was anti-rigging. I’m not convinced at all anymore.”

“There’s also a perception that by speaking up about these issues is forbidden in the league. What a load of s**t that is. The rule states and I quote, 5. “Bringing the game into disrepute.
If the administrator feels that a poster is bringing the game into disrepute due to their actions ie. Whinging about the simmer etc then the poster will be issued a formal warning for the first offence. Further offensive actions will result in a minimum one-game penalty being applied, depending on the severity of the offence as adjudicated by the Administrator.”
This can be my warning, I really don’t care.”

“It’s a wonder why people are actually losing interest in a league that is truly crumbling from within. It’s also a wonder how ironic it actually is that people who speak up about these issues, trying to improve the credibility, integrity and enjoyment of the league for future seasons, players and clubs are hit on the head by the powers above for bringing the game into disrepute and yet there are people with entire control of the outcomes of games who seem to get away scot-free.”

“You either need to fix this now Okeydoke7 and be known for actually having done something good for the league as admin or you will continue to watch the boring league around you become a barren wasteland.”

“It’s still a joke that 19 seasons in and we have simmers simming their own teams in finals. An utter joke.”

Prior to the season, ClarkeM posted an anonymous poll asking the SFA faithful whether they trusted Boncer34 as simmer or not. An alarming 15 of the 38 people (39.5%) who voted chose “no”. While the majority was in favour of giving Boncer34 trust, one must wonder now whether there would be as many whom trust him. Factoring out the common thought that there would have been around 5 or 6 posters who voted “yes” from the Dragons camp with the token “no” from Boncer34 himself, it’s quite an alarming question to ponder.

Good luck to both teams in the Grand Final from all involved here at ClarkeMedia.

EuhdRuA.png

Interesting okeydoke7.

Up to you really.

It’s 343 words. Nowhere near my longest! But if you can’t manage to read that much, that’s fine - no judgement from me :rainbow:

343 words is still 343 words of you ranting. I preferred it when you were inactive.

But yes, change the award name to something more relavent to today imo, we changed the FRED.
True, we should change the award to be named after today's admin instead of the Season i admin. The Clod Award it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hadn’t even noticed

Where have my shiny Badges gone?
The badge system is causing the site to really slow down at peak times during AFL matches. It will be getting worked on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Okeydoke Media: What’s Worth Celebrating?

Back