OKFL - Pre Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

looking at the clearances whorouly going for another huge recruit in Gordon Anderson from Barnawatha. From memory hes a premiership captain of the club. if approved this will add some mojor depth within the lions den

Won't be this week, but Lions are hoping to get him cleared by next week. He has some good mates already at Whorouly and will be a very handy player!

Will it cost me $1.10 to find out him Nonch or can you give us a run down..

You know me slim, money talks, and $1.10 says a whole lot!

What I will give away for free is that Gordon would be 31 now I think, favourite son at Barnawartha where he grew up and has had quite a decorated career both in footy and cricket. Would slot in very nicely as a hb/mid at Whorouly if he's cleared.

I wouldn't worry to much BF. From what I've seen Kunckle and Donahue would be the only two that would make the team anyway.

Yeah I guess your right... You would have only seen Wrighty and Webb play not even half of round 1 before both being hit behind play.
But since then they have both been very good!

Donahue has earnt his spot this year as a key forward and Kenny is probally the best CHB in this league.

Donahue has earnt his spot this year as a key forward and Kenny is probally the best CHB in this league.[/quote]

Is Donahue the kid with the blonde hair BF?

Is Donahue the kid with the blonde hair BF?

Yes that would be Frankie[/quote]

Yep I did see him play on the weekend. He moves quite well for a big man and leads to the right spots.

Looking at Blacks 2nds on Saturday it seems that they may be lacking a bit of depth this season. With a full side on the park they are capable of beating most sides but any injuries and I'm not sure they have the players to cover.

Yeah I guess your right... You would have only seen Wrighty and Webb play not even half of round 1 before both being hit behind play.
But since then they have both been very good!

Donahue has earnt his spot this year as a key forward and Kenny is probally the best CHB in this league.

Your going to go down that path are you? Alright, what ever makes you happy sport. Well there are far better mid fielders in the league that both of them, Webb didn't look to have the run he has been known for, and how Wright got a spot beggers belief!! Bull had no influence on the game what so ever either. It would seem the selectors watched your Bright game. No argument with Donahue and Kunckle. They both deserve a spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats why no1 cares what you think Bunyip

Old Greg, I fully respect & understand that not everyone will agree with my view but I'm entitled to it anyway. If a player gets injured in the I/L game, I'd simply like to think the league will show far more concern than in 2010.They owe the participants who represent the league that much.

The squad looks very good on paper, let's hope the O&K get the job done.

Your going to go down that path are you? Alright, what ever makes you happy sport. Well there are far better mid fielders in the league that both of them, Webb didn't look to have the run he has been known for, and how Wright got a spot beggers belief!! Bull had no influence on the game what so ever either. It would seem the selectors watched your Bright game. No argument with Donahue and Kunckle. They both deserve a spot.

Sounds like jealously here.. Just because blokes have been picked in a squad doesn't mean they are going to play!! Bully would have one of the best careers in football and especially in the ovens and king league!! So get ya hand of it mate and get back on the training track...

And you are also going by one game cobber. Without Wrighty in our midfield we are stuffed. And it showed when he went off in round 1.
Webby didn't have a great round 1 but has played very well the last two rounds and would be one of the fittest blokes going around.

But Frankie and Kenny would be stoked to get your approval champ!

Sounds like jealously here.. Just because blokes have been picked in a squad doesn't mean they are going to play!! Bully would have one of the best careers in football and especially in the ovens and king league!! So get ya hand of it mate and get back on the training track...

That's exactly my point champ. BF was worried about having 6 players selected, and I'm saying I don't think all 6 would mate the team. So what if Bully has had a good O&K career, everyone gets over the hill eventually, and I think he is a bit on the down hill slide at the moment. Just my opinion mate. So take your hand off it. And BF, I think you may be kidding yourself (or you ARE Wrighty) we were well and truly getting the better of you guys before Wrighty went off. It's just that you didnt give a yelp after half time. If your team is relying on one man, you will never win a flag cobber.

That's exactly my point champ. BF was worried about having 6 players selected, and I'm saying I don't think all 6 would mate the team. So what if Bully has had a good O&K career, everyone gets over the hill eventually, and I think he is a bit on the down hill slide at the moment. Just my opinion mate. So take your hand off it. And BF, I think you may be kidding yourself (or you ARE Wrighty) we were well and truly getting the better of you guys before Wrighty went off. It's just that you didnt give a yelp after half time. If your team is relying on one man, you will never win a flag cobber.

And BF also knew all 6 would not be selected buddy I was just pointing out that Wappa might be a little worried due to our recent injuries.
Mate we are over this now and I wish you the best during the interleague game tiger, as I am sure you were selected.

Just read the chronicle, another good write up by Scott Anderson on the interleague. looks like a fantastic squad to choose from this season. couple of big names there.

Bully hasn't just had a good O and K career also GV which is ten times the league ovens and king is!!! He's a worthy selection in a lot of peoples books also most blokes coming off a broken jaw would be hesitant to play again let alone actually play. Hope all this trash talk pays off for you this year ;)

And BF also knew all 6 would not be selected buddy I was just pointing out that Wappa might be a little worried due to our recent injuries.
Mate we are over this now and I wish you the best during the interleague game tiger, as I am sure you were selected.

And I'm sure you were to.

Bully hasn't just had a good O and K career also GV which is ten times the league ovens and king is!!! He's a worthy selection in a lot of peoples books also most blokes coming off a broken jaw would be hesitant to play again let alone actually play. Hope all this trash talk pays off for you this year ;)

So we should select him for the player he used to be? I would put your young 18 year old kid that everyone's talking about in before 2 or 3 of them guys. That kid would surprise many with his skills and speed.

An unproven 18-year-old who hasn't even played a handful of senior games or a proven GV-calibre footballer. I know which one I would choose.

Same here, the young up and comer with a bit of dash over the has been. I can tell you now who any of the other clubs in the O&K would rather have in there side righ now. GV caliber? Maybe 10 years ago mate. It been 7 years since he won the league medal in the o&k.
Don't want to sound to much like I'm picking on Benalla, but you make so easy, and so much fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

OKFL - Pre Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back