Old Man Hirdy Tags In

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 21, 2006
On Deadly Ground
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Seagal, Hull, Hibs
I'm wondering if you got yourself a login to Bomberblitz you'd find Old Man Hird deep in the bowels of the joint still nutting out the conspiracies with the crazies.

The father of former Essendon coach James Hird has described anti-doping chief Ben McDevitt as a "hypocrite" and says the decision to not allow the release of secret documents relating to the supplements saga as "disingenuous".

This. Still with the tinfoil

Hird wants the documents released "for the truth to come out" regarding what he maintains was an unlawful joint investigation in 2013 into the Bombers' injecting program by the AFL and ASADA and a "stitch up" by a Labor politician at the time. The Federal Court denied a bid by James Hird and the Bombers to have the investigation ruled illegal.

He also wants the documents to help clear the name of former Essendon football general manager Danny Corcoran, whom he said was "shoddily treated" by the AFL and Bombers. Corcoran was suspended for six months by the AFL for his role in governance failures.

No blame here, kids.

Hird said his son could not have done more in terms of avoiding this mess, declaring James had made it clear the injection program be WADA compliant. He insists blame largely lays with former chairman David Evans for appointing a chief executive, Ian Robson, whose strength was generating revenue, and not administration.

And effing hell...

Now in its fourth year, Hird said "you could use the Lindy Chamberlain analogy – it will keep going until there is justice". The Chamberlain saga lasted three decades.

:drunk:

Hird family gatherings must be a real hoot these days.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/essendon-bombers/essendon-saga-allan-hird-hits-out-at-asada-chief-and-government-20160509-goppwl.html

Reading more of the quotes in the article, I get the feeling Alan and Bruce have shared a few microwave meals.

"Senator Nash, the minister at the table at estimates, asserted the government had no power to intervene. Sections 24 & 75 of the ASADA Act give the responsible minister, Sussan Ley, ample scope to direct ASADA. It appears as I have discovered in dealing with ASADA and Sussan Ley, it would have been prudent for Senator Nash not to rely on ASADA or Sussan Ley for advice," Hird said.

I'm wondering if you got yourself a login to Bomberblitz you'd find Old Man Hird deep in the bowels of the joint still nutting out the conspiracies with the crazies.

This. Still with the tinfoil

No blame here, kids.

And effing hell...

:drunk:

Hird family gatherings must be a real hoot these days.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/essendon-bombers/essendon-saga-allan-hird-hits-out-at-asada-chief-and-government-20160509-goppwl.html
So now we know who has been egging Madigan on ....

Hmmmm ... and on a re-read, there's a lot of similarity with the content of single-digited-typing-coverage. .. Hird Snr's coterie?

I find it ironic that Hird Snr is asking for the facts to be released.
When is James going to tell us what happened, his interviews have never revealed anything due to a lack of flollow up questions. Remember early on jimmy telling us how keen he was to tell all but his hands were tied.
If jimmy wanted the truth out all he has to do is call baker and Mckenzie and sit down with them , answer the questions and he will have a full page dedicated to the truth in the next copy of the age.

Last edited:
When is James going to tell us what happened, his interviews have never revealed anything due to a lack of flow up questions. Remember early on jimmy telling us how keen he was to tell all but his hands were tied.
If jimmy wanted the truth out all he has to do is call baker and Mckenzie and sit down with them , answer the questions and he will have a full page dedicated to the truth in the next copy of the age.
and of course you would believe what he says. You and I both know that the only thing that he could possibly say that you would give any credence to would be "I recruited Dank and Robinson to the club on the proviso that they run a systemic doping regime"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suppose the victim mentality is easier than the hard truth:

55810629.jpg

""Senator Nash, the minister at the table at estimates, asserted the government had no power to intervene. Sections 24 & 75 of the ASADA Act give the responsible minister, Sussan Ley, ample scope to direct ASADA."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/essend...government-20160509-goppwl.html#ixzz489C5EQId
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook"

Section 24(1) gives the minster the power to direct the ASADA CEO 24, section 24(2) However, such a direction must not relate to: (a) a particular athlete, or a particular support person, who is subject to the NAD scheme;

Considering 3 parts of the motion that Madigan moved expressly name Bock or Robinson cant see how the minster can order the minister to produce these documents without contravening section 24(2)

2 other documents requested are related to operation Cobia so arguable that as not a particular athlete or support person, rather a group as a whole. However think this is splitting hairs. To me 24(2) seems to be about ensuring that individuals are not singled out, not sure the act considered a specific group investigation. Its probable that these documents identifies specific athletes and supports persons and highlights why or why not they should be charged. Can understand why Nash/Ley are not sure if they have the power to request these documents. Can see it being the kind of issue ask 2 different lawyers what they think and get at least 3 different opinions.

When is James going to tell us what happened, his interviews have never revealed anything due to a lack of flow up questions. Remember early on jimmy telling us how keen he was to tell all but his hands were tied.

Yup, as we saw in James recent court case he was selective in what documents he would and would not release, in not providing his interview transcripts/text messages to the judge (or request the judge consider them in camera before deciding if to provide them) may have cost him the case.

Yet no problem asking ASADA to release documents that contain the same info...i.e.. any chance the reports into operation Cobia does NOT discuss James Hird interview or 7000 text messages?

If only TISM had a song about Fathers and Son's however the ditty "All Hird Boys are Dickheads" rings true in this case

I know his dad's abusive
And his mum prefers the daughters;
I know he's got an Attention Deficiency Disorder;
He's culturally excluded
And he's genetically inbred;
But the reason he's a hirdboy
Is because he's a dickhead.

If only TISM had a song about Fathers and Son's however the ditty "All Hird Boys are Dickheads" rings true in this case

I know his dad's abusive
And his mum prefers the daughters;
I know he's got an Attention Deficiency Disorder;
He's culturally excluded
And he's genetically inbred;
But the reason he's a hirdboy
Is because he's a dickhead.
Hillary had
Hillary had
Hillary had it in his veins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Old Man Hirdy Tags In