Old Man Hirdy Tags In

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder how many people decided Essendon were guilty through the one sided, highly publicised trial by media?
I've read people here admit to it, and much of it turned out to be nonsense.
When Jobe admitted to taking AOD, it was confirmed he was a cheat and was widely boo'd.
Turns out it wasn't a banned substance, and had no bearing on the case.

As for the CAS final report. Wada lead the case with this gem: Essendon must have taken TB4, as Dank had a history of using it.
Now that is what I call flimsy.
I don't care how highly respected the members of the CAS panel were. Judge Judy would have laughed at that.
Jobe also said he and his teammates took the "good Thymosin".

This Thymosin was so "good" that he nor his teammates ever declared one injection to ASADA.

In short, you'll believe what you want to believe, but let's not pretend like the Essendon players were innocent and hung out to dry by the media.

They were given the benefit of the doubt the whole way through.

Just in case anyone missed any of the highlights ... "guest poster" Allan Hird - loaded up prior.

Included my highlight, "there you have it"! Obviously Allan wasn't a regular lurker here throughout the saga, the presedent was always going to be a driving factor - it was hardly referenced innocuously by ASADA, WADA or CAS.

Still not enough enticement to watch/listen to the actual interview though.

Edit - Forgot to add ... some of the comments are reminiscent of the WADA bashing on WADA's Facebook page at the time of the decision; and also the Facebook page of the other serial catallaxyfiles/twitlonger poster. Maybe a whip around by said poster to add support for this one?

http://catallaxyfiles.com/2016/07/27/wada-and-the-russians/

" But why would WADA bother to pursue 34 domestic footballers and Stephen Dank? Surely there were bigger fish to fry namely the Russians who were engaged in systematic cheating on the world stage?

The answer lies in a seemingly innocuous paragraph on page 29 of the WADA Executive Committee Meeting of 12 May 2015:

WADA had appealed on Friday the cases from the Australian football leagues (sic) (34, potentially 35, cases). That had made headlines in Australia. That would not help Mr Ricci Bitti with the budget, but it had been felt that it was very important from the point of view of principles. The initial decision had been questioning the ability to pursue non-analytical cases, and the level of proof required to win the cases and, at a time when the new Code was entering into force and putting a lot of emphasis on non-analytical cases, it was important to set the right precedent [emphasis added]. Those cases were being appealed at the CAS.

So there we have it; WADA and ASADA were not out to protect the integrity of sport within the AFL. They just wanted to lower the level of proof needed to convict athletes whenever they chose to. WADA did not give a damn about the Essendon players. All it wanted was the freedom of action to go after individual athletes who it could not prove through testing blood or urine that they had taken a banned substance. The more athletes ‘caught and convicted’ the more WADA could justify its position, and, therefore, its funding.

An interesting aside from the WADA appeal to CAS is that it only went after the 34 players and not Stephen Dank. So we have the absurd situation that Stephen Dank has been cleared of administering banned substances to the 34 Essendon players but the players have not been cleared. So who does CAS think administered the banned substance that there is no analytical evidence the payers took and players deny taking? Was it Andrew Demetriou the former AFL CEO? No it couldn’t have been him because he is on the public record saying: ‘I didn’t inject anyone’. Not bothering to prove who administered the banned substance to the Essendon players didn’t bother CAS. CAS still convicted them. This is but one of many questions left hanging about the CAS decision. There is compelling evidence and information to suggest the players have been wrongly convicted. However, under the system agreed to by the Australian Government, their only recourse is go to a Swiss Court with a written submission to seek redress. Quite frankly it is not good enough.
"

Last edited:
Have heard that Hird Senior is one of the reasons Jimmy has a warped sense of entitlement. Young Jim always got away with things at school.

Jobe also said he and his teammates took the "good Thymosin".

This Thymosin was so "good" that he nor his teammates ever declared one injection to ASADA.

In short, you'll believe what you want to believe, but let's not pretend like the Essendon players were innocent and hung out to dry by the media.

They were given the benefit of the doubt the whole way through.

Crap, the Essendon players were only convicted because they signed forms stating they were getting injections and using supplements, they only signed them because they thought everything was WADA compliant.

They were completely shafted by WADA it what reminds me of an episode of House of Cards with Kevin Spacey.

Manipulated by a bunch of sleezy fu&@wits

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crap, the Essendon players were only convicted because they signed forms stating they were getting injections and using supplements, they only signed them because they thought everything was WADA compliant.

They were completely shafted by WADA it what reminds me of an episode of House of Cards with Kevin Spacey.

Right, so they signed forms because they thought everything was WADA compliant, but then decided to withhold all knowledge of this compliant "Thymosin" that they'd signed for from ASADA testers for the entire time that they received the injections.....despite it being a "good" and safe drug.

That's just a little odd, considering they remembered to declare the Panadol and Neurofen that they'd had during the same period.

You've got to be all sorts of gullible to believe that the club and players weren't deliberately trying to hide what they thought was a drug that slipped through the cracks of the code, from both ASADA and the rest of the AFL.

Of course, Dank and Charter being involved, and their long history of "getting around the code" was all just a coincidence.

Right, so they signed forms because they thought everything was WADA compliant, but then decided to withhold all knowledge of this compliant "Thymosin" that they'd signed for from ASADA testers for the entire time that they received the injections.....despite it being a "good" and safe drug.

That's just a little odd, considering they remembered to declare the Panadol and Neurofen that they'd had during the same period.

You've got to be all sorts of gullible to believe that the club and players weren't deliberately trying to hide what they thought was a drug that slipped through the cracks of the code, from both ASADA and the rest of the AFL.

Of course, Dank and Charter being involved, and their long history of "getting around the code" was all just a coincidence.

So WADA have said- but we know they are a bunch of sleezy self righteous euro crap - huge fix and Essendon was the fall guy.

No whistle blowers, no positive tests, not enough TB4, no self incriminations or player admissions.

Absolute farce

So why isn't there any receipt of any player either ringing the check my substance hotline, website or app like the players are trained, to confirm everything was WADA complaint?

So WADA have said- but we know they are a bunch of sleezy self righteous euro crap - huge fix and Essendon was the fall guy.

No whistle blowers, no positive tests, not enough TB4, no self incriminations or player admissions.

So, where are the purchase orders, invoices, receipts and other documents that would be held tightly by the club's football, conditioning, nutrition, coaching and finance departments - if their's was a legitimate supliments program?

Absolute farce

You cannot say that WADA created and duped players with consent forms that ultimately did them in. The club did that. The club implemented the program. The players were 100% rock solid in hiding it from ASADA and everybody associated wth the club maintained the lie that has put them where they are today. In fact, the club presently are still holding on to the lie.

The EFC?

So, where are the purchase orders, invoices, receipts and other documents that would be held tightly by the club's football, conditioning, nutrition, coaching and finance departments - if their's was a legitimate supliments program?

You cannot say that WADA created and duped players with consent forms that ultimately did them in. The club did that. The club implemented the program. The players were 100% rock solid in hiding it from ASADA and everybody associated wth the club maintained the lie that has put them where they are today. In fact, the club presently are still holding on to the lie.

I can say what i like, sorry for disturbing you from the 5 year circle jerk on this board, probably need some supplements of your own to stay up.

No positive tests, no whistleblowers, no confessions, indeed not even any proof of drugs.

And as we work our way forward, it will become more apparent that this was indeed a farce of huge proportions, however that matters little, the Euro trash got there 30,000 Swiss francs for their holiday.

Absolute farce
Solid argument.

"It was all a conspiracy".

I always thought it funny the players signed those forms at the very hour that Doc Reid, and every other doc in existence, wasn't there. Surely they could have waited for his golf game to end to have him run his eye over the list of drugs. Especially as the club had decided to add Doc into the process. Unless...

The laughs got bigger, uproariously so, when said declared drugs were not noted when asked by certain authorities. This is all obviously evidence that no illegal drugs were taken.

Absolute farce
All those sour grapes must have you looking like a peach pip. Let it go mate, this ship has sailed.

All those persecuted Russian athletes could use your support right now. As could Maria.

All those sour grapes must have you looking like a peach pip. Let it go mate, this ship has sailed.

All those persecuted Russian athletes could use your support right now. As could Maria.

Seems my opinion is upsetting, perhaps you should let go ?, there is plenty worse injustices in the World, you wouldn't know it though according to the Circle jerk board.

I can say what i like, sorry for disturbing you from the 5 year circle jerk on this board, probably need some supplements of your own to stay up.

No positive tests, no whistleblowers, no confessions, indeed not even any proof of drugs.

And as we work our way forward, it will become more apparent that this was indeed a farce of huge proportions, however that matters little, the Euro trash got there 30,000 Swiss francs for their holiday.
Your right, absolutely no basis for the personal attack on thr EFC 34 who were just going about there daily buisness shooting up drugs not even tested on humans yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Old Man Hirdy Tags In

Remove this Banner Ad

Back