Old Scholars - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard today chilli westbury is not playing OHA anymore, has taken a coaching role back at Clarence with the seniors and underage

Heard today chilli westbury is not playing OHA anymore, has taken a coaching role back at Clarence with the seniors and underage

Yea I heard that WESTBURY left OHA a month ago or so...
So round one is this week, TIPS?

St Virgils vs OHA
Hutchins vs Richmond
Uni vs Channel
Dosa - Bye

I'll tip the HOME sides. Don't know much about ST.V., have they lost or gained? OHA should improve on last year but by how much???
Hutchins to show off the new North Hobart recruits. Richmond? Can never judge them early cause if they aren't going well they normally pick up players from other clubs after 4-5 rounds. Barwin a big loss, how will the new coach go?
Uni should beat Channel. Channel were up and about early last year and nearly beat Richmond round 1 so what this year?

DOSA to improve on last year.

TOP 4 - Hutchins, University, St Virgils then nothing between RICHMOND/OHA/DOSA for 4th Spot. Maybe 1 game and percentage.

Yea I heard that WESTBURY left OHA a month ago or so...
So round one is this week, TIPS?

St Virgils vs OHA
Hutchins vs Richmond
Uni vs Channel
Dosa - Bye

I'll tip the HOME sides. Don't know much about ST.V., have they lost or gained? OHA should improve on last year but by how much???
Hutchins to show off the new North Hobart recruits. Richmond? Can never judge them early cause if they aren't going well they normally pick up players from other clubs after 4-5 rounds. Barwin a big loss, how will the new coach go?
Uni should beat Channel. Channel were up and about early last year and nearly beat Richmond round 1 so what this year?

DOSA to improve on last year.

TOP 4 - Hutchins, University, St Virgils then nothing between RICHMOND/OHA/DOSA for 4th Spot. Maybe 1 game and percentage.
I reckon OHA will be the big improvers this year. I reckon they can roll St Virgils this weekend, but agree with your other picks in Hutchins and Uni.

Hutchins to win the flag again.

Ins and Outs for each side

OHA:

Ins
Scott Brown
Trent Fenton
James King
Brad Marsland
Michael Oakford
Haydn Thorp
Craig Unsworth
Leigh Walker
Jared Watkins
Justin Westbury
Trent Whitelaw
Murray Wise

Outs:
Cameron Geason

Richmond:

Ins:
Dane Bailey
Jayden Baker
Nick Braslin
Jordan Dunn
Andrew Fleming
Scott Fleming
Michael Goldsmith
Matthew Goodluck
Nathan Grant
Dylan Grubb
Nick Grubb
Chris Hutchison
Jarrod Jones
Hayden Joseph
Tom Lee
Daniel Lyden
James Mackey
Alec Newnham
Leigh Proud
Ben Rogers
David Smith
Garry Splann
Brad Tennick

Out:
Heath Barwin
Nathan Donoghue
Kyle Bluett-Hey
Damien Honey
Dean Hoskinson
James Brendan
Cameron Johnson
Daniel Lyden
Aaron Reeve
Anthony Summers
Matthew Triffit
Jhy Wiggins
Paul Wilson

DOSA

Ins:

Tim Bracken
Marc Brockman
Nick Carr (Nth Hob)
Brodie Daley
Tom Doyle
Mark Ede
Jeff Fisher
Michael Fisher (Nth Hob)
Patrick Fisher (Nth Hob)
Ken Hall (Nth Hob)
Justin Harvey
Thomas Ingles
Rhys Long (Nth Hob)
Thomas Males
Matthew McCulloch
Matthew Muir
Richard Plunkett
Jye Rogers
Nathan Street (Nth Hob)
Justin Veitch (Nth Hob)
Brad Williams

Outs:

Chris Burns
Shaun Goodsell
Sam Hills
Tony Lynskey
Ben McGuiness
Rhys Stocks
Patrick Turner
Peter Yole

St Virgils

Ins:

Chris Catto
Byron Dalliston
Tim Manning
Marcus Parker
Jarrod Payne
Calvin Philp
Scott Quinn
Jacob Rogers
Brad Weston

Outs:

Dillon Davie
Daniel Gray
Jordan Gregory
Matthew Howat
James Kapeller
Jay Nibbs
Josh Nibbs

Hutchins

Ins:

Josh Chaplin
Matthew Creese
James Faulkner
Tom Friend
Ben Gibson
Michael Hall
Kevin Jubb
Ellis Perry
Ben van Kraanen

Outs:

Shannon Bakes
Sam Hensby
Tim Smith
Mark Steele

Channel

Ins:

Grant Clark
Ben Coppleman
Ian Coulson
Michael Darcy
Sam Dean
Marcus Smith
Ryan Smith
Bradley Lynn-Smith
Patrick Verrell

Outs:

Sam Bouwman
Mark Brockman
Mark Clark
Adam Crane
Anthony Johnson
Matt Knight
Tim Lamprill
Jared Mason
Jye Rogers
Adam Warn
Samuel Warner
Mitchell Wilcox

University

Ins:

Bradley Curtis
William McAdam
Jacob Stride

Outs:

Louis Adams
Ed Cerny
James Kennedy
Sam Maguire
Will Owens
Jarrod Payne
Chris Shade
Hamish Scott

Obviously, these are just player transfers and doesn't take into account retirements etc.

For mine, Richmond and Channel the biggest losers. Reeve, Wiggins, Barwin and a bunch of fringe players on the move for Richmond..

All of Channel's guns gone - Bouwman, Rogers, Lamprill and Mason. Shell of a side.

OHA - Heaps of ins, the three W's are very sharp inclusions. Westbury, Walker, Whitelaw.

DOSA with some out and out guns, however they are Nth Hobt players and will play with the Roosters whenever they aren't playing with the Demons.

Uni have reportedly lost a few guns, not sure where to though.

Hutchins with some very nice top up players.

My Tips
Hutchins maybe to strong for Richmond with the addition of Creese and Elilis giving them a strong on ball division, but don't right off the blues if they can get the ball in quick to big Splann they may well come away with points Braslin will also be good pickup for Richmonds midfield, but Hutchins by 20pts
both have debut coaches

Uni V Channel
Apparently UNI havelost a few quality players (Mazey,Maguire,Beams)but will easily beat Channel which has lost all there quality players. Clark from Cygnet will be a gun but too few to help get the ball to PUD and joycey UNI 55pts

St Virgils V OHA
The Nibbs boys will be a loss as the gave run and hardness, Parker will be an asset at CHF if he works hard! and any team with Burdon in the square are a threat but OHA look to be the early favourite as they have added experience from clarence as well as a few recruits (Moore,Thorp) OHA by 30pts

DOSA are the smokies had alot of young guys last yr that would have developed throw in Bracken they will be a threat, Harvey a huge loss if he goes away though, But North Hobart top up players will be handy when available

DOSA are the smokies had alot of young guys last yr that would have developed throw in Bracken they will be a threat, Harvey a huge loss if he goes away though, But North Hobart top up players will be handy when available

Anyone have any idea of how the arrangement between DOSA and Nth Hobart will work? What will it mean for the DOSA twos players and fringe ones players? I'd imagine it won't be easy to manage to avoid blokes getting disgruntled about being left out in favour of a player from North Hobart, who might not actually be a better player.

Taking to someone who should know, St Virgils and Hobart now have an agreement either in place or very close to being in place.

Would mean that players missing from the Hobart ones could potentially line up for St Virgils ones.

Taking to someone who should know, St Virgils and Hobart now have an agreement either in place or very close to being in place.

Would mean that players missing from the Hobart ones could potentially line up for St Virgils ones.

Could only imagine it would be the same as and AFL/VFL reserves alignment type thing.

Anyone have any idea of how the arrangement between DOSA and Nth Hobart will work? What will it mean for the DOSA twos players and fringe ones players? I'd imagine it won't be easy to manage to avoid blokes getting disgruntled about being left out in favour of a player from North Hobart, who might not actually be a better player.

I was talking to an oSFA committee member and he said that there have been changes to the OSFA by laws to enable blokes to be dual registered with a TSL club and a club in the OSFA.

Restrictions included That they must play at least 5 games to qualify for finals and no match payments to TSL players

In all honesty can anyone really see those guys that dosa have from north really playing any games for them.

I noticed that Rhyce Long is that list. Found it funny that he wouldnt dual registered with Hutchins seeing he is a past player.

I was talking to an oSFA committee member and he said that there have been changes to the OSFA by laws to enable blokes to be dual registered with a TSL club and a club in the OSFA.

Restrictions included That they must play at least 5 games to qualify for finals and no match payments to TSL players

In all honesty can anyone really see those guys that dosa have from north really playing any games for them.

I noticed that Rhyce Long is that list. Found it funny that he wouldnt dual registered with Hutchins seeing he is a past player.

I strongly doubt any of those listed players will, but I have heard a lot of their younger 18-21year olds (who are off that list) are wanting to play there instead of going down to play in North Hobart's zone, the Houn region.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

poor hutchins would not give ya 10 cents for him .ten bucks he starts some shit down there:)

must admit i had a chuckle when i saw this classic from kenton. if they did only give him 10cents, those 7 he bagged on the weekend came at less than 1.5 cents per goal. tbrr gone a bit quiet on the "**** man" to.

Let's hope Jury gets a well deserved holiday from the tribunal this week. The Old Scholars is a great competition and one of the reasons for that is because low acts like what happened on the weekend don't happen. I would have thought coming into this comp he would have wanted to lead a bit more by example. I'd be disappointed if he gets less than 4 weeks.

Let's hope Jury gets a well deserved holiday from the tribunal this week. The Old Scholars is a great competition and one of the reasons for that is because low acts like what happened on the weekend don't happen. I would have thought coming into this comp he would have wanted to lead a bit more by example. I'd be disappointed if he gets less than 4 weeks.

Care to enlighten the community on what happened?

So jury has finally been caught? Most disgusting, dirty player i have seen in a long time, got away with alot last season, no place for his style of play in this competition or any! Hope this stops him for a while, nothing wrong with hard tuff play in and around the ball but this fella goes out of his way to cause serious harm to players.

Care to enlighten the community on what happened?
A friend of mine who was at the game told me there was a clash of players about 70 meters out from goal on the hff,a number of players from both sides were involved, a player ran in and finished up on the ground and had to be assisted from the ground. apparently a player was reported by the goal umpire who was at least 70 meters from this incident with a lot of players around. it was alledged he asked other players what happened as he was behind the goal line. the player was and then made the report . The player was told at the break that he had been reported.

A friend of mine who was at the game told me there was a clash of players about 70 meters out from goal on the hff,a number of players from both sides were involved, a player ran in and finished up on the ground and had to be assisted from the ground. apparently a player was reported by the goal umpire who was at least 70 meters from this incident with a lot of players around. it was alledged he asked other players what happened as he was behind the goal line. the player was and then made the report . The player was told at the break that he had been reported.

So how was Jury involved? What exactly did he do that sent him to the tribunal?

So how was Jury involved? What exactly did he do that sent him to the tribunal?
I am not sure as he said he was behind the goal umpire over the fence and he could not see due to the distance, and other players in the area. The player helped off, returned to play later in the game.

I am not sure as he said he was behind the goal umpire over the fence and he could not see due to the distance, and other players in the area. The player helped off, returned to play later in the game.

There was a bit of argey bargey in the opening minutes of the game as you would expect, players trying to assert themselves. A bit of push and shove, some jumper pulling and Jury has run and just decked a bloke. Knocked him out for a few seconds and he tried to get up but needed to be assisted from the ground. He went back on for only about 5 mins. It was obvious he was still suffering from the blow so he was immediately taken off and remained on the bench for the rest of the game.

Heard tonight that Jury pleaded guilty at the tribunal but showed absolutely no remorse and tried to blame the bloke he hit for starting it. What a tool. Haven't heard any sentencing though. I'm sure he won't get enough!

As this comp goes forward, with the re-structuring of the State League, it does not need the likes of this bloke in it!

Has OHA entered into an arrangement with Clarence? Just judging from the clearances of Drew Westfield, Stuart Whitelaw, Stewart Beechey, Jesse O'Neal and Rohan Swan....

Has OHA entered into an arrangement with Clarence? Just judging from the clearances of Drew Westfield, Stuart Whitelaw, Stewart Beechey, Jesse O'Neal and Rohan Swan....

It seems they are getting shared around then, as there was a Mitch Baker listed for Richmond on the weekend and M Swan got best on for the farn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back