Old Scholars - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
biscuits to uni that would be a huge pick up he is a gun!!
there heaps of clearences to oha and channel on sportingpulse!!! richmond did have kane waller but he is now back at dodges!!
also dodges ferry vs oha this sunday at shark park starts at 11.30 i think

I also heard the said rumour about bielski to uni.. very good pick up if true.. also heard that uni are also close to signing another gun player to add to an already imposing team for 2010...

St Virgils do look the team to beat.. Richmond also appear to be a contender as well.. can't see any other team in the comp getting anywhere near uni, richmond or st virgils??

any recruits for Dosa?? round 1 vs Uni could be very ugly for them....

I also heard the said rumour about bielski to uni.. very good pick up if true.. also heard that uni are also close to signing another gun player to add to an already imposing team for 2010...

St Virgils do look the team to beat.. Richmond also appear to be a contender as well.. can't see any other team in the comp getting anywhere near uni, richmond or st virgils??

Sounds like you maybe under estimating your opposition footyskills. Names are only on a sheet of paper, they are young fast and developing..Plenty of under dogs have got up and won.

I also heard the said rumour about bielski to uni.. very good pick up if true.. also heard that uni are also close to signing another gun player to add to an already imposing team for 2010... who would that gun be??

St Virgils do look the team to beat.. Richmond also appear to be a contender as well.. can't see any other team in the comp getting anywhere near uni, richmond or st virgils??oha some handy pick ups in sterling jury and some good clarence 2's player's.

i think there home ground 4 '10 is n.hobart so i asume that would be y sam peacock and joel davey have gone there?? um other than that sam hills from glenorchy are the only players i know of.

i think there home ground 4 '10 is n.hobart so i asume that would be y sam peacock and joel davey have gone there?? um other than that sam hills from glenorchy are the only players i know of.

How much money are they going to spend to buy a flag!!!!!!!

I beleive there is a practice match on Saturday between Richmond and Kingburough? Any ideas where it is played, and what time it kicks off?

Uni by 200. Brighton very very ordinary going by recent practice matches they have played. Although gun gilmore and button beams are rumoured to be resting...
Brighton easily. Most of Uni's hired guns won't be playing. Might just be having a look at the young 'uns and unknown players I reckon. Brighton rumoured to be pretty much full strength. Only real interest is whether Salter will try and knock another opposition player into next week...:confused:

Brighton easily. Most of Uni's hired guns won't be playing. Might just be having a look at the young 'uns and unknown players I reckon. Brighton rumoured to be pretty much full strength. Only real interest is whether Salter will try and knock another opposition player into next week...:confused:

My early money is on it being Nick 'Trolley' Fenton..

Gains

Chevalier, Aaron
Cugino, Marcus
Davey, Joel
Duggan, Trent
Evans, Nathan
Everard, Jacob
Gibbons, Tim
Gibson, Neil
Gregson, Jack
Gregson, Thomas
Hills, Sam
Lamont, Daniel
Manser, Luke
Partridge, Stephen
Peacock, Sam
Plunkett, Maxwell
Smith, Jonathon
Stocks, Rhys

Lost Coad, Benson, Carroll and Fielding

Of these I only know Manser and Lamont as gains - both handy, but Lamont (although coach) is at best a fringe player. And Benson and Carroll are huge losses.

Anyone know why Coady has gone to the arch enemey?

Gains

Chevalier, Aaron
Cugino, Marcus
Davey, Joel
Duggan, Trent
Evans, Nathan
Everard, Jacob
Gibbons, Tim
Gibson, Neil
Gregson, Jack
Gregson, Thomas
Hills, Sam
Lamont, Daniel
Manser, Luke
Partridge, Stephen
Peacock, Sam
Plunkett, Maxwell
Smith, Jonathon
Stocks, Rhys

Of these I only know Manser and Lamont as gains - both handy, but Lamont (although coach) is at best a fringe player. And Benson and Carroll are huge losses.

peacock hills and davey will be pretty good players in\ o.s.f.a

peacock hills and davey will be pretty good players in\ o.s.f.a

My mail is that DOSA got whacked by about 15-20 goals by Kingborough last week.... Poor early form. Round 1 at University doesn't get much easier either.... hope they improve quickly, im looking fwd to watching the roosters go a touch better this year. Good luck to all sides.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gains

Chevalier, Aaron
Cugino, Marcus
Davey, Joel
Duggan, Trent
Evans, Nathan
Everard, Jacob
Gibbons, Tim
Gibson, Neil
Gregson, Jack
Gregson, Thomas
Hills, Sam
Lamont, Daniel
Manser, Luke
Partridge, Stephen
Peacock, Sam
Plunkett, Maxwell
Smith, Jonathon
Stocks, Rhys

Shit its going to be a long season for DOSA.. 1 bloke there can play, the rest would not get a kick unless the ball was handed to them. No wonder footy standards continue to drop all over the state. Young people with ability just decide not to play the game anymore. Nearly all those blokes would play reseves in the OSFA 10 years ago. The better players are still around, however geez it drops off very quickly in all footy leagues around the state.

My top 3 this year in no order.

St. Virgils
Uni
Richmond

Also a big rumour floating around is an ex Devils B & F winner might pull on the boots for Uni as well. Massive recruiting drive being done late for the rainbows. Watched training the other night at Uni and they had nearly 60 players on the track compared with st virgils who had just over 30. Uni studies must be back.

Shit its going to be a long season for DOSA.. 1 bloke there can play, the rest would not get a kick unless the ball was handed to them. No wonder footy standards continue to drop all over the state. Young people with ability just decide not to play the game anymore. Nearly all those blokes would play reseves in the OSFA 10 years ago. The better players are still around, however geez it drops off very quickly in all footy leagues around the state.

St. Virgils
Uni
Richmond

Also a big rumour floating around is an ex Devils B & F winner might pull on the boots for Uni as well. Massive recruiting drive being done late for the rainbows. Watched training the other night at Uni and they had nearly 60 players on the track compared with st virgils who had just over 30. Uni studies must be back.

did ben setchel win a b.f 4 the devils??

St. Virgils
Uni
Richmond

Uni have had a heap on the track for the last 11 pre seasons. Although having good numbers early on is great for footy clubs, you have to have quality also. I'm not saying Uni don't have quality but numbers on the track is not much of a guide as to how well a club is going to go that season. They only real guide is when the real stuff starts, and we all get to play eachother.

did ben setchel win a b.f 4 the devils??

hear that leigh walker is the ex-devil that is joining Uni, add to the large number already!
did anyone hear how Uni went today against Brighton?
There playing list seems to be getting stronger every week.....
They have now got some experince to add to the good group already.
My tip would be that they win the flag this year....

hear that leigh walker is the ex-devil that is joining Uni, add to the large number already!
did anyone hear how Uni went today against Brighton?
There playing list seems to be getting stronger every week.....
They have now got some experince to add to the good group already.
My tip would be that they win the flag this year....

Uni were 10 goals up at halftime apparently then both sides played reserves or u18's. Sounds like the bows are travelling ok. Did anyone go and watch?

Watched Brighton And Uni Yesterday Brighton Very average Reeves and Nelson worked well up forward kickin 3 each

Uni were 10 goals up at halftime apparently then both sides played reserves or u18's. Sounds like the bows are travelling ok. Did anyone go and watch?
Uni dominated from the first second of the game. Gilmore would have had 15 kicks in the first quarter alone. Have recruited very strongly. Alot of very good players didn't play for them yesterday, so if they can improve even more on yesterdays performance.....well, book the cup/shield? into the engravers right now!! No-one will get close to them. The Old Scholars comp has improved out of sight in recent years, but i think Uni may be about to raise the bar to a new level!!

Uni dominated from the first second of the game. Gilmore would have had 15 kicks in the first quarter alone. Have recruited very strongly. Alot of very good players didn't play for them yesterday, so if they can improve even more on yesterdays performance.....well, book the cup/shield? into the engravers right now!! No-one will get close to them. The Old Scholars comp has improved out of sight in recent years, but i think Uni may be about to raise the bar to a new level!!

Wow...huge statement. Based on your previous posts we can take that with a grain of salt. I reckon Richmond, St Virgils, OHA and maybe even Hutchins might have a fair say on how well they do.

You may recall that they only finished 3rd last season with all the competition's big recruits. Time will tell, and I am sure they will be strong, but to assess their season prospects on a performance against Brighton is uneducated at best and stupid at worst.

You obviously have not been involved in Old Scholars football very long.

Wow...huge statement. Based on your previous posts we can take that with a grain of salt. I reckon Richmond, St Virgils, OHA and maybe even Hutchins might have a fair say on how well they do.

You may recall that they only finished 3rd last season with all the competition's big recruits. Time will tell, and I am sure they will be strong, but to assess their season prospects on a performance against Brighton is uneducated at best and stupid at worst.

You obviously have not been involved in Old Scholars football very long.

You cant be serious Hutchins and OHA are no where near the quality of a Richmond or UNI. and if i was looking at a side that is on the up you would have to say that UNI have a strangle hold on this comp and season. As for the cup already being engraved thats hard to say but if last weeks practice match is anyhting to go by they would have to be the benchmark. :thumbsu:

You cant be serious Hutchins and OHA are no where near the quality of a Richmond or UNI. and if i was looking at a side that is on the up you would have to say that UNI have a strangle hold on this comp and season. As for the cup already being engraved thats hard to say but if last weeks practice match is anyhting to go by they would have to be the benchmark. :thumbsu:

Spoken like someone who clearly has no idea about either club.

Spoken like someone who clearly has no idea about either club.

Gonna say I have to agree with DHTB here. Its too early to speculate on which teams will be the benchmark this season. Practice matches are not a good guide to judging how teams are travelling. Names on a bit of paper don't mean anything until the real stuff gets underway on 10th may. Then we can start to see which teams will be the bechmark!:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back