Old Scholars Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t believe he is coaching though? Could be wrong.
IMO he should of moved down back late in last weeks game.
That’s the problem, no one wants to play back, for 2 years they’ve had sizeable scores kicked against, have always backed their forwards to get the job done.

Where did that coin all come from? Surely they don't have huge sponsors shelling out big $$ because whenever I watched them out at the track they didn't have big crowds watching 🤔
they have a supporter group called Halo. You will find them on the bowls club side of the bike track, drinking by the shipping container. Heard they put in 80 grand for Joel’s first year then 120 for this season. Seems like a lot of money for a premiership runner up and a prelim loss.

21 years since they last won a senior flag. Long time between drinks.

I think the money paid out in the OSFA is sometimes massively exaggerated, usually by opposition supporters.

21 years since they last won a senior flag. Long time between drinks.

I think the money paid out in the OSFA is sometimes massively exaggerated, usually by opposition supporters.
Think that is the case everywhere.

Far more than clubs will admit they spend. Far less than rival clubs think others spend

Beans up by 20 at the half over DOSA.
Beans won the Twos over DOSA by just under five goals, 87 to 59.

Hutchins took out the flag by 42 points over DOSA in the seniors to win their first premiership in eight years and they also took out the Reserves over the Chooks by 28 points to win the double.

Seniors:

Reserves:

I heard a rumour the other day that St Virgils College are keen to do up their old oval out at the Austins Ferry campus and have the team playing out at SVC AF oval in the next few years and possibly moving DOSA out to the cycle track at New Town. Anyone heard that one?
True or false?

I heard a rumour the other day that St Virgils College are keen to do up their old oval out at the Austins Ferry campus and have the team playing out at SVC AF oval in the next few years and possibly moving DOSA out to the cycle track at New Town. Anyone heard that one?
True or false?
It will be out of necessity. The foot traffic on Newtown Bike Track is unsustainable.
What’s going on with the second Oval at Dominic?

It will be out of necessity. The foot traffic on Newtown Bike Track is unsustainable.
What’s going on with the second Oval at Dominic?
True or false?

I have heard that SV are heading out to AF but not about DOSA to NT - would make sense given the challenges with TCA i would have thought?

I have heard that SV are heading out to AF but not about DOSA to NT - would make sense given the challenges with TCA i would have thought?
Mind you, I don't much rate the SVCAF ground at all.
I've only ever watched one match there and it was in the amateurs in about 1975 or 76, it was ordinary then and it doesn't look like the ground's changed at all, it'd need a lot of $$ spent to get it up and running. Mind you, those private schools are awash with cash so they probably could.
DOSA would be better off at the bike track, if SVC move out to the AF campus then they'd have a ground a bit closer to their heartland and not have to ground share.
They've been nomads for two decades since being forced off the campus at Tolosa St years ago and seem to drift from place to place and seem to wear out their welcome after awhile, that set up they had at NH oval was mint and they buggered that up, been hearing the same rumblings about the TCA over the past few years. Maybe the track might be the best fit for them.

I've only ever watched one match there and it was in the amateurs in about 1975 or 76, it was ordinary then and it doesn't look like the ground's changed at all, it'd need a lot of $$ spent to get it up and running. Mind you, those private schools are awash with cash so they probably could.
DOSA would be better off at the bike track, if SVC move out to the AF campus then they'd have a ground a bit closer to their heartland and not have to ground share.
They've been nomads for two decades since being forced off the campus at Tolosa St years ago and seem to drift from place to place and seem to wear out their welcome after awhile, that set up they had at NH oval was mint and they buggered that up, been hearing the same rumblings about the TCA over the past few years. Maybe the track might be the best fit for them.
DOSA were up at Cadbury’s for a while too weren’t they? What happened to that? Decent club rooms and facilities up there

DOSA were up at Cadbury’s for a while too weren’t they? What happened to that? Decent club rooms and facilities up there
Yep up at the Cadbury ground, I'm not sure specifically but I remember someone from the Chooks saying it just wasn't suitable for holding their games there at the time, was back probably 20 years ago now, I'm not sure if that ground's been done up since back then.
SVC used to play at the TCA back in the 90s for awhile there, and that ground was diabolical back then, I'm sure old KP that posts on here would remember how bad that place was back in the day given he's a Hobart follower.
Friend's old ground out near the old Rosella factory wasn't the best either!!

If you can call the new Hobart City side demanding DOSA be relocated because they wanted the Plaister stand end of the ground being buggered up by DOSA, I reckon that’s a bit unfair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you can call the new Hobart City side demanding DOSA be relocated because they wanted the Plaister stand end of the ground being buggered up by DOSA, I reckon that’s a bit unfair.
More to do with their premiership celbrations and some wag ringing the siren constantly at 4am on the Sunday morning and pissing off the nearby residents who then flooded the HCC with complaints was the main cause.

Had a terribly wet winter one year and the ground was a mess, don’t think they liked the ground itself after that. Had no gate to make money on spectators either.

More to do with their premiership celbrations and some wag ringing the siren constantly at 4am on the Sunday morning and pissing off the nearby residents who then flooded the HCC with complaints was the main cause.
As someone who worked at the Council at the time, I can confirm that. It was mainly a fellow by the name of Kevin Arkless, a guy that owns a red Lamborgini, that resided opposite the ground.
Was supposedly a rather 'vocal constituent' and had considerable influence within the upper echelon at the council at the time.
DOSA were outta there whether the Lifesavers were taking over the room or not.
PS: Yes I remember the TCA well from those years, it was very rundown, moreso because after the cricket moved across the river, the state Government owned it and let it go to rack and ruin.
In those days we actually had to carry out own volunteer labour repairs at the ground!
I actually helped the old fellas build the old scoreboard that stood near where the current electronic one is now, with materials that cost about 70 or 80 bucks - with the numbers chucked in!
Hobart City Council took over running the ground in 1999 and gradually started conducting repairs over the next few years.
I miss the big roof up at the Smith Stand end, and we still have no decent public lavvies up there!
I didn't realise St Virgils played up there if I'm honest.

It was more like 6.30am but yes it didn't help our cause. Being at North Hobart was fantastic and got us back on our feet after a couple of bad years at Cadbury's. Hobart city never wanted us at North Hobart and were quite vocal about it.

We Love it at the TCA and that's where we see our future, but who knows what happens after the proposed redevelopment happens.

St virgils no good now with salary caps coming in. Might even up the comp a bit too. Lot of players who won't play without cash.

St Virgils were just an example. It will be a crackdown on all clubs, they have all done it at times.

I’ve heard some of the pays even at Richmond so all clubs will have to check themselves.
I actually don’t get how it can be so low. With risk of injury, time and effort this will hamper people playing.

For the love of the game is fair enough but physio and petrol is expensive, let alone surgery.

I’ve heard some of the pays even at Richmond so all clubs will have to check themselves.
I actually don’t get how it can be so low. With risk of injury, time and effort this will hamper people playing.

For the love of the game is fair enough but physio and petrol is expensive, let alone surgery.

Its typical of AFLTas. All the tough talk & always up to attack clubs.

NEVER anything positive to help.

They are probably the most pathetic & inept group ever to 'run' football in the state.

I bet they have their hands out for pay rises when it suits them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Old Scholars Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back