Old Scholars

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone at the Hutchins Vs Rich game on Saturday? The ground was that cut in the middle. but it has always been like that at that ground. Wanted to hear others thoughts on the language by the Hutchins coach and its bench through out the game? I had my boy with me and it was plain disgusting. The umpires paid a few 50's to keep it under control but the crowd on the Hutchins bench side all 2 old farts was so bad. I would of left altogether had it not been so close. So ended up in the bleaches of the stand to get him away from it.

For Christ sake, will Barge and and Saltlake suck each other off already and make up, it's disgusting.

As for Warrane Eagle's comments - Hutchins were the same when I saw them play earlier in the year, but good on the Umps for penalising them. Maybe they'll learn the hard way. To be fair though WE, it is Footy not tennis - you should try sitting amongst the Collingwood faithful when they get bashed up by Carlton.

For all those who whinge and bleat about Salary Caps (or lack there of) and payments throughout the comp, it would be fair to say that the comp currently looks pretty healthy. Last years wooden spooners are sitting on top of the ladder and with the exception of the new comers, there doesn't look to be lot between most teams. A pretty good position I'd say for a comp that was apparently going to get wrecked by the "cash".

Now can someone please tell me what on earth is going on at Richmond? I know the rumours are flying on here, but from what I hear the speculation on here barely scratches the surface.

not sure of the credibility of this rumour, but heard on saturday night that anthony koutoufiedes is going to play a game for OHA this year?
Bring back memories of when Big Billy played for DOSA.
Anyone out the ships way confirm or deny this rumour?

I have the feeling everyone still seems to be completely dismissive of Channel? It'd be fair to say they mightn't win a game this season, but as far as not being competitive, I can't see why that'd be the case in the second half of the season.. They have not been training/playing together as a team all that long and they keep continuing to recruit.. Surely there will be an improvement at some stage?

Channel will surprise a few sides by the end of the season, the council are replacing the lights at snug park which makes it hard to do any substatial training, numbers on the track are increasing by the week, and players are returning from injury. Dont write the boys off.

Channel will surprise a few sides by the end of the season, the council are replacing the lights at snug park which makes it hard to do any substatial training, numbers on the track are increasing by the week, and players are returning from injury. Dont write the boys off.

Hey DM41 how you going with sampling a few ales in the opposition rooms ? Could you give us a run down when you have been to them all ? Maybe a rating for each .:)

I best express an opinion rather than peddle rumour as some say - I saw Channel play recently and granted they had a heap out but their best chance to win a game was when they ran DOSA to 4 goals. The Roosters seem to have picked up their act in recent weeks and unless they or someone else has a shocker and Channel have one out of the box the new kids on the block will not sing their song in '09.

Just on the lights debacle, why wouldn't the local Council (Kingborough?) have done this over Summer when they weren't needed? Seems like terrible timing as far as Channel are concerned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not sure of the credibility of this rumour, but heard on saturday night that anthony koutoufiedes is going to play a game for OHA this year?
Bring back memories of when Big Billy played for DOSA.
Anyone out the ships way confirm or deny this rumour?

Was mentioned at the club seems Kouta will play a game at your club and do a sportsman's lunch for a fee. but as good as it sounds with the costs associated it wont happen.

Just on the lights debacle, why wouldn't the local Council (Kingborough?) have done this over Summer when they weren't needed? Seems like terrible timing as far as Channel are concerned.

Because that would have used up too much common sense....

I have been told that the lights are still overseas and the club don't even have a date as to when they will arrive in Tas.

They are currently training with sets of lights on cherry pickers that sit on the back of two utes. Makes full length drills (or even warm up laps) impossible.

I have been told that the lights are still overseas and the club don't even have a date as to when they will arrive in Tas.

They are currently training with sets of lights on cherry pickers that sit on the back of two utes. Makes full length drills (or even warm up laps) impossible.

They sound like they are as effective as the lights at Geilston Bay! :)

Not to sure why someone would tell you they are overseas.. they started putting them up today and the last two will be up by tommorrow night for training. Finally!!!!

What's everyone feeling for results this weekend?
Games are..
OHA Vs. Hutchins
Richmond Vs. DOSA (night game)
Snug Vs. St Virgils

I imagine OHA will bounce back strongly at home against Hutchins to win by about 50 odd.. Can't really comment on our own game, but I'm not a fan of the bloody smoke from the fires settling across the ground during the night.. And St. Virgils will have to make sure they don't become lazy given their recent good form and keep the pedal down against Channel at Snug Park..

Games are..
OHA Vs. Hutchins
Snug Vs. St Virgils

I imagine OHA will bounce back strongly at home against Hutchins to win by about 50 odd.. Can't really comment on our own game, but I'm not a fan of the bloody smoke from the fires settling across the ground during the night.. And St. Virgils will have to make sure they don't become lazy given their recent good form and keep the pedal down against Channel at Snug Park..

Couldn't agree more regarding the smoke. Night footy at Richmond is awful.

Games are..
OHA Vs. Hutchins
Snug Vs. St Virgils

Agree totally
OHA By 40pts
Rich by 17pts , Should be a great game even with the smoke, DOSA really need to put up a good fight if the are really going to challenge for finals, watched Richmond last week in wet, still not convinced they are playing team footy and will be fragile if Dosa can apply heaps of pressure to a couple of key players.

St Virgils by 140pts

Oha beat the beans by around a goal. Close most of the day the ships kicked away a few times but hutchins kept coming back at them, really good game to watch. In the magoos the ships by 50 odd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back