Old School wrestlers

Remove this Banner Ad

Curt Hennig
Derek Dukes
Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat
Dynamite Kid
The Guerreros (Mondo, Hector, Chavo Snr.)
The Road Warriors
Tito Santana
Kerry Von Erich
"Big" Scott Hall

I watched a lot of the AWA when I was younger, I still have a fair few AWA tapes and UWF tapes floating around here, they have been packed away but I still got them. I remember Von Erich and Lawler at Super Clash III for the AWA World Title, the match was stopped due to Von Erich being busted open.

Used to have an old Video from JAPAN with INOKI vs DIRTY DICK MURDOCH ( Trevors dad )
Great match too.
Was either JR or GORDON SOLIE calling it.
I'd be betting on Gordon Solie.

No one comes close to him as a commentator.

Used to have an old Video from JAPAN with INOKI vs DIRTY DICK MURDOCH ( Trevors dad )
Great match too.
Was either JR or GORDON SOLIE calling it.

I'd be betting on Gordon Solie.

No one comes close to him as a commentator.

If he used the pronounciation of suplex as "su-play", then it was Solie. Apparently that's the correct pronounciation too. :eek:

Great match too

Read that Trevor Murdoch is not a Murdoch at all....was given the name like most wrestlers are given names (Umaga, etc) because this guy who I think was a UWF wrestler looked a bit like the late Dick Murdoch so they gave him the ring name of Trevor Murdoch - son of Dick. But he really is no relation at all. Same as when Paul Wight came in they initially called him the son of Andre the Giant- because he looked a bit like him.
I remember a Bash at the Beach NWA PPV where Hogan was in the ring and looked at the crowd, and Paul Wight was there dressed liked Andre used to dress (long white shirt, etc) and the commentator said it was Andres son who wanted revenge on Hogan for beating Andre at Wrestlemania...

Remove this Banner Ad

Old School wrestlers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back