Competitions AmericanCrow's Goal Kicking Competition

Remove this Banner Ad

Game 5 ROUND 22
GOAL KICKERS:
Fogarty 5, Keays 3, Thilthorpe 2, Rachele 2, Curtin 2, Walker, Rankine, Dawson
FIRST GOOAL KICKER: B Keays. Unfortunately no one selected Ben so no one won an immunity card.

Weeblake - Fog (Thilthorpe, Walker, Keays, Rachele)

AmericanCrow - Rachele (Thilthorpe, Tex, Fog, Keays)

SugarShane - Rankine (Keays, Walker, Thilthorpe, Fogarty)
Dude316 - Rankine (Thilthorpe, Walker, Fog, Keays)
Jenny61_99 - Rankine (Thilthorpe, Walker, Fogarty, Keays)

Congratulations to all of our remaining players. All winners. We have two rounds remaining to try and find a winner. Could be interesting. If we dont have a winner we could be adding more names in the Broom Closet.

Great win for the club and it was so good to see Curtin kick his first major for the club. No we need to repeat our effort next week when we are up against the dreaded Power.

Last edited:
Only two more opportunities to become the winner. Again if you want to make your selection secretly then PM me and I will place you selection just after the game starts. I assume that trying to get different tips between you is the goal. Remember that if we dont get a winner you run the risk of the dreaded broom closet. If you happy exposing your selection then thats fine but my offer is there. Cheers

Game 5 ROUND 23

SugarShane - Rachele (Rankine, Keays, Walker, Thilthorpe, Fogarty)

AmericanCrow -Rankine (Rachele, Thilthorpe, Tex, Fog, Keays)

Only two more opportunities to become the winner. Again if you want to make your selection secretly then PM me and I will place you selection just after the game starts. I assume that trying to get different tips between you is the goal. Remember that if we dont get a winner you run the risk of the dreaded broom closet. If you happy exposing your selection then thats fine but my offer is there. Cheers
I just blindly toss darts at the lineup tacked to dart board 🎯

So not a lot of analytics in my analysis as GreyCrow can verify

😛

I just blindly toss darts at the lineup tacked to dart board 🎯

So not a lot of analytics in my analysis as GreyCrow can verify

😛
So far I have a PM selection from Dude, The option to PM is there if you want to do your selection this way. Anyway we still have jenny61_99 and WeeBlake to place their tips.

Last edited:
Game 5 ROUND 23

Still waiting for jenny61_99 amd WeeBlake to place their selection.

Game 5 ROUND 23

Weeblake - Rankine (Fog, Thilthorpe, Walker, Keays, Rachele)

Game 5 ROUND 23

Weeblake - Rankine (Fog, Thilthorpe, Walker, Keays, Rachele)

Dude316 - (っ◔◡◔)っ ? ******* ?

GAME 5 ROUND 23
RESULT:
GOAL KICKERS:
Rankine 2, Fogarty 2, Rachele, Thilthorpe, Hinge, Keays
FIRST GOAL KICKER: Rankine As a result of Rankine kicking the first goal

AmericanCrow -Rankine (Rachele, Thilthorpe, Tex, Fog, Keays) Immunity Card
Weeblake - Rankine (Fog, Thilthorpe, Walker, Keays, Rachele) Immunity Card

Dude316 - Gollant (Rankine, Thilthorpe, Walker, Fog, Keays)

So we lose dude316 with his selection of Gollant plus we lose jenny61_99 because she didnt place her selection. That means we have three players still fighting for the Footy Boot badge. I will double check the rules just to make sure I understand what will happen next week.

Apologises to Dude316 for my delay in placing his selection into the system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GAME 5 ROUND 23
RESULT:
GOAL KICKERS:

So we lose dude316 with his selection of Gollant plus we lose jenny61_99 because she didnt place her selection. That means we have three players still fighting for the Footy Boot badge. I will double check the rules just to make sure I understand what will happen next week.

I was disappointed because I had to add your selection knowing that it wasnt going to help.

GAME 5 ROUND 23
RESULT:
GOAL KICKERS:

Obviously it's up to others to agree, but I'm happy to try and avoid the broom closet by selecting say 3, 4, 5 players? The other two have an immunity card to burn so the more selections the better (though we've mostly used our forwards). I think in the past it was done that your first selection had to count for your second to count, and he had to kick one for your third to count, etc, but the order of goals in the game wasn't relevant.

For example, our only goal kickers are Keays, Fog, Rachele.

Player 1: Rachele, Fog, Keays, Thilthorpe, Walker (Score: 3)
Player 2: Thilthorpe, Fog, Keays, Walker, Rachele (Score: 0)
Player 3: Rachele, Fog, Thilthorpe, Walker, Keays (Score: 2)

Immunity cards get used for the first incorrect selection.
So player 1 would then score 4 (3 correct, then immunity used for the 4th).
Player 2 with an immunity would score 3 (immunity used first up, then the next 2 are correct).
Player 3 with immunity would score 3 (2 correct, then immunity used), next selection also incorrect.

Immunity still available for first goal kicker in this game, but can also be used straight away.

Last edited:
Obviously it's up to others to agree, but I'm happy to try and avoid the broom closet by selecting say 3, 4, 5 players? The other two have an immunity card to burn so the more selections the better (though we've mostly used our forwards). I think in the past it was done that your first selection had to count for your second to count, and he had to kick one for your third to count, etc, but the order of goals in the game wasn't relevant.

Player 2 with an immunity would score 3 (immunity used first up, then the next 2 are correct).
Player 3 with immunity would score 3 (2 correct, then immunity used), next selection also incorrect.

Immunity still available for first goal kicker in this game, but can also be used straight away.
I agree to this

Clearly the objective is end up with a single winner. With multiple winners or losers will only end up with the broom closet being the winner.

I am happy to digest what SugarShane has suggested and understand how it works. But I will only consider a change to the rules if all three players agree. If one objects then its back to the drawing board. Lets here from AmericanCrow before we make any move.

Cheers

Got a little bit confused because in your example you use an immunity card for all 3 players Given that only 2 players have an immunity card I would assume that Player 3 didnt have an immunity card so he was left with picks 1 & 2 being OKbut would miss out on any further selections. Anyway as I said if all 3 of you agree to doing this then I am happy to facilitate it and if we have a stand alone winner then I will request the Goalkicking Boot to be awarded. BUt please let me have some direction ASAP otherwise we will leave it as it is and maybe have a secret vote by PM to me. It would be nice though to end up with a winner.

Got a little bit confused because in your example you use an immunity card for all 3 players Given that only 2 players have an immunity card I would assume that Player 3 didnt have an immunity card so he was left with picks 1 & 2 being OKbut would miss out on any further selections. Anyway as I said if all 3 of you agree to doing this then I am happy to facilitate it and if we have a stand alone winner then I will request the Goalkicking Boot to be awarded. BUt please let me have some direction ASAP otherwise we will leave it as it is and maybe have a secret vote by PM to me. It would be nice though to end up with a winner.
Yeah sorry, my posting can get very wordy.

The examples were just to demonstrate how immunities would work, though yes only 2 have them at the moment. Was more just trying to illustrate that the selections are used in order.

So everyone's pick 1 is compared. Winners move to pick 2. Thus it doesn't matter if you pick 5 guys and your last 4 kick a goal, if you get pick 1 wrong you're out (immunity cards notwithstanding). The goals themselves don't have to be in order though, if your pick 1 kicks one in the last minute of the game, that still qualifies.

And yeah this method is better as a secret vote as well.

Fine by me—although I may have to spend the better part of the day trying to figure out what new rules are. 😛

Seriously, it’s all good so no worries

Hey Sugar, So it looks like we can move forward. I assume that every player gets 5 selections. Does this mean that the five selections are made from players that haven't been used before. So lets use you as an example

Currently you have selected.....Rachele, Rankine, Keays, Walker, Thilthorpe, Fogarty) So your 5 selections this week can not include these previous selections. Is that correct OR are all prior selections ignored and each player simply gets to pick any five players.

Hey Sugar, So it looks like we can move forward. I assume that every player gets 5 selections. Does this mean that the five selections are made from players that haven't been used before. So lets use you as an example

Currently you have selected.....Rachele, Rankine, Keays, Walker, Thilthorpe, Fogarty) So your 5 selections this week can not include these previous selections. Is that correct OR are all prior selections ignored and each player simply gets to pick any five players.
It's a continuation of the game so still can't select those we've selected before. Also much more likely to end up with a clear winner that way.

It's a continuation of the game so still can't select those we've selected before. Also much more likely to end up with a clear winner that way.
All good. I will try to lay it out so all three of you guys have the same understanding. Will do it later tonight.

Now that SugarShane, WeeBlake and AmericanCrow have all agreed to running with an adjusted process due to the fact that this week will be the final week for this year, the following rules will be be put in place. I have basically typed the rules that Sugar mentioned because I want to make sure that I also clearly understand in case I need to make some ruling.

Firstly your current selections will remain in place. These are:

SugarShane - Rachele, Rankine, Keays, Walker, Thilthorpe, Fogarty)
AmericanCrow -Rankine, Rachele, Thilthorpe, Tex, Fog, Keays) Immunity Card
Weeblake - Rankine, Fog, Thilthorpe, Walker, Keays, Rachele) Immunity Card

You can not select anyone who you have already used.

Second Point:
You will each be able to select 5 players. The sequence of your five selections is important.
Selection process will be:
First Selection, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th. (not the other way around) So if you nominate play X as your first selection and he doesnt kick a gaol then that ends your game. If player X kicks a goal you get a point plus your second selection comes into play. If your second selection is player Y then same rules apply. and you either continue on or you drop out. The exception is if you have an immunity card. If you had selected player X and he doesnt kick a goal you can use your immunity card to save yourself. and move on to your second selection. Once the immunity card is used you cant use it again.
If your first selection also kicks the first goal of the game you can win an immunity card and you can use it during this final game.

Third Point:
The scoring process is as per what Sugar used above. Using your immunity card not only saves you but you receive a point towards your score.

If we have a winner I will initiate awarding a Goal Kicking Footy Boot.

If I have left out anything that you require clarification on just raise the concern. I would like to make sure that we are all on the same page well before the game kicks off.

Once again all the best guys. Clearly SugerShane is up against given he doesn't have one of those immunity cards

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions AmericanCrow's Goal Kicking Competition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back