Competitions AFC Board Draft Game 2023/24 Main Competition Thread - Starts Dec 4th

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey for those who are keen on playing this summer. I have an idea to liven up the drafting process of the game.

We each have to submit 10 players we want to draft at the beginning of the game. The results are tallied and hopefully we get a total of around 20-30 of the games best players in this pool.

Each participant in the game is given 5,000,000 points to spend.

Each player on the list is then put up for Auction. Like any Auction winner takes all. You can buy if your money holds out as many of these players as you wish. Who ever doesnt get bought goes into the draft pool ready for round 1. However in the event of fairness, you cant buy a player for 1 point. The minimum price is 1,000,000 points.

Its just an idea, we can come up with the rules as a group or someone may have a better system. I suggest we have the full draft order organised before we start as this will help people with figuring out their players and strategies.

So the way I picture the Auction running.

Bidding
Minimum bid 1,000,000
Maximum bid 5,000,000 and draft picks.
Raising a bid is by minimum 500,000 and must be in whole 100,000, not 500,050
Can only bid draft round picks in the event two or more participants have bid 5,000,000 points on a single player.
Winner takes all.

Step 1
Open player nomination. Each participant nominates 10 players they want to draft

Step 2

Auction Round 1. Player elimination round.
Each participant is required to put a placeholder of the minimum bid against 5 players on the list. These players are the only players you can bid on moving forward. All players without a bid at the end of this round are eliminated back into the draft pool.

Auction Round 2
This round players are won or lost.

Rules
1. If you hold the rights to a player by way of being the only bidder, you can opt to buy for the 1,000,000 points or pass and the player is eliminated back to the draft. The points go back into your bank.

2. Participants are notified if they have bid on the same player as others and must notify if they wish to pass or proceed with bidding. If all participants pass the player is eliminated. If one person passes but the other wishes to proceed they win the player or progress in the Auction with the remaining participants. You can fold out of the Auction at anytime.

Auction Round 3
At this point for fun I think it would be good to have each Auction publicly.

Some of you may think too hard or nah. Which is fine. But how many of us miss out on players due to breaking the time limit?

Where I think this idea works
  • Star Players where you may miss out if you are at the back end of the order or if you have a pick in the first 5 but then have to wait for 30 turns where you can pick again.
  • Players in areas that are in short supply i.e. Ruckman, KPF, small forwards and KPB

I personally think this could be a great addition to our game. It would also be a great way to ensure you bank some quality players in particular areas.

Hey for those who are keen on playing this summer. I have an idea to liven up the drafting process of the game.

We each have to submit 10 players we want to draft at the beginning of the game. The results are tallied and hopefully we get a total of around 20-30 of the games best players in this pool.

Each participant in the game is given 5,000,000 points to spend.

Each player on the list is then put up for Auction. Like any Auction winner takes all. You can buy if your money holds out as many of these players as you wish. Who ever doesnt get bought goes into the draft pool ready for round 1. However in the event of fairness, you cant buy a player for 1 point. The minimum price is 1,000,000 points.

Its just an idea, we can come up with the rules as a group or someone may have a better system. I suggest we have the full draft order organised before we start as this will help people with figuring out their players and strategies.

So the way I picture the Auction running.

Bidding
Minimum bid 1,000,000
Maximum bid 5,000,000 and draft picks.
Raising a bid is by minimum 500,000 and must be in whole 100,000, not 500,050
Can only bid draft round picks in the event two or more participants have bid 5,000,000 points on a single player.
Winner takes all.

Step 1
Open player nomination. Each participant nominates 10 players they want to draft

Step 2

Auction Round 1. Player elimination round.
Each participant is required to put a placeholder of the minimum bid against 5 players on the list. These players are the only players you can bid on moving forward. All players without a bid at the end of this round are eliminated back into the draft pool.

Auction Round 2
This round players are won or lost.

Rules
1. If you hold the rights to a player by way of being the only bidder, you can opt to buy for the 1,000,000 points or pass and the player is eliminated back to the draft. The points go back into your bank.

2. Participants are notified if they have bid on the same player as others and must notify if they wish to pass or proceed with bidding. If all participants pass the player is eliminated. If one person passes but the other wishes to proceed they win the player or progress in the Auction with the remaining participants. You can fold out of the Auction at anytime.

Auction Round 3
At this point for fun I think it would be good to have each Auction publicly.

Some of you may think too hard or nah. Which is fine. But how many of us miss out on players due to breaking the time limit?

Where I think this idea works
  • Star Players where you may miss out if you are at the back end of the order or if you have a pick in the first 5 but then have to wait for 30 turns where you can pick again.
  • Players in areas that are in short supply i.e. Ruckman, KPF, small forwards and KPB

I personally think this could be a great addition to our game. It would also be a great way to ensure you bank some quality players in particular areas.
Too complicated for me. I personally like it as it is.
Better with less participants though to increase the strengths of the best 22.

Too complicated for me. I personally like it as it is.

Its not complicated. As I said, some of us who have a lot of time may not see the need. But there is definite lag times as the excitement wears off or those playing miss out on positional players. They then lose motivation. I think the goal would be to add some players to peoples banks while the excitement is still there.

And not to mention all those who start having christmas parties and disappearing all weekend.

Dayne Zorko, All Australian for my side at pick 413

Its not complicated. As I said, some of us who have a lot of time may not see the need. But there is definite lag times as the excitement wears off or those playing miss out on positional players. They then lose motivation. I think the goal would be to add some players to peoples banks while the excitement is still there.

And not to mention all those who start having christmas parties and disappearing all weekend.
I get the frustration but that’s kinda the point - do you spend your early picks on the few good KPFs or on the more numerous Brownlow level mids? That’s what makes it hard, and you can still get Hogan or Xerri with late picks. my vote is to keep it as it is too.

Three for me - Curnow, Andrews, Holmes
Super Troopers Smh GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions AFC Board Draft Game 2023/24 Main Competition Thread - Starts Dec 4th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back