Competitions AmericanCrow's Goal Kicking Competition

Remove this Banner Ad

Now that SugarShane, WeeBlake and AmericanCrow have all agreed to running with an adjusted process due to the fact that this week will be the final week for this year, the following rules will be be put in place. I have basically typed the rules that Sugar mentioned because I want to make sure that I also clearly understand in case I need to make some ruling.

Firstly your current selections will remain in place. These are:

SugarShane - Rachele, Rankine, Keays, Walker, Thilthorpe, Fogarty)
AmericanCrow -Rankine, Rachele, Thilthorpe, Tex, Fog, Keays) Immunity Card
Weeblake - Rankine, Fog, Thilthorpe, Walker, Keays, Rachele) Immunity Card

You can not select anyone who you have already used.

Second Point:
You will each be able to select 5 players. The sequence of your five selections is important.
Selection process will be:
First Selection, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th. (not the other way around) So if you nominate play X as your first selection and he doesnt kick a gaol then that ends your game. If player X kicks a goal you get a point plus your second selection comes into play. If your second selection is player Y then same rules apply. and you either continue on or you drop out. The exception is if you have an immunity card. If you had selected player X and he doesnt kick a goal you can use your immunity card to save yourself. and move on to your second selection. Once the immunity card is used you cant use it again.
If your first selection also kicks the first goal of the game you can win an immunity card and you can use it during this final game.

Third Point:
The scoring process is as per what Sugar used above. Using your immunity card not only saves you but you receive a point towards your score.

If we have a winner I will initiate awarding a Goal Kicking Footy Boot.

If I have left out anything that you require clarification on just raise the concern. I would like to make sure that we are all on the same page well before the game kicks off.

Once again all the best guys. Clearly SugerShane is up against given he doesn't have one of those immunity cards
Are we doing secret ballot?

Now that SugarShane, WeeBlake and AmericanCrow have all agreed to running with an adjusted process due to the fact that this week will be the final week for this year, the following rules will be be put in place. I have basically typed the rules that Sugar mentioned because I want to make sure that I also clearly understand in case I need to make some ruling.

Firstly your current selections will remain in place. These are:

SugarShane - Rachele, Rankine, Keays, Walker, Thilthorpe, Fogarty)
AmericanCrow -Rankine, Rachele, Thilthorpe, Tex, Fog, Keays) Immunity Card
Weeblake - Rankine, Fog, Thilthorpe, Walker, Keays, Rachele) Immunity Card

You can not select anyone who you have already used.

Second Point:
You will each be able to select 5 players. The sequence of your five selections is important.
Selection process will be:
First Selection, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th. (not the other way around) So if you nominate play X as your first selection and he doesnt kick a gaol then that ends your game. If player X kicks a goal you get a point plus your second selection comes into play. If your second selection is player Y then same rules apply. and you either continue on or you drop out. The exception is if you have an immunity card. If you had selected player X and he doesnt kick a goal you can use your immunity card to save yourself. and move on to your second selection. Once the immunity card is used you cant use it again.
If your first selection also kicks the first goal of the game you can win an immunity card and you can use it during this final game.

Third Point:
The scoring process is as per what Sugar used above. Using your immunity card not only saves you but you receive a point towards your score.

If we have a winner I will initiate awarding a Goal Kicking Footy Boot.

If I have left out anything that you require clarification on just raise the concern. I would like to make sure that we are all on the same page well before the game kicks off.

Once again all the best guys. Clearly SugerShane is up against given he doesn't have one of those immunity cards
I request a lawyer to explain to me what you just said…

😛

The TLDR I guess is pick 5 players and hope for the best, but put them in the order you think are most likely to kick a goal.
From what you explained yes the order of your 5 selections is important hence I tried to explain 1st, 2nd 3rd etc in that sequence. I remember during the season that one player objected to the flow of past selections. So I sort of laboured that point.

Its going to be interesting because everyone has already used the obvious selections. I mean even if Tex plays no one can select him. Interesting.

Last edited:
Just thought I would remind SugarShane AmericanCrow And WeeBlake that the Crows play tomorrow evening. SO I am looking for 5 players from each of you and remember that the sequence of you selection is important.

As an example I will use Sugar as a Hypothetical selection
SugarShane - Pick1, Pick2. Pick3 Pick4 and Pick5. (Rachele,Rankine, Keays, Walker, Thilthorpe, Fogarty)
So if Pick1 doesn't kick a goal you are out unless you have an immunity card. The sequence is important.

Best of luck

Just to let you know SugarShane and AmericanCrow that I do have WeeBlake's five selections. Up to you guys to decide if you want to send me your selections. I will obviously keep them fto myself (unless I get a bribe ) and I will try to put your selections on the site before the start of game. Once I put them up there will be no changes. I am hoping that there are no late changes by the club.

Gentlemen, SugarShane WeeBlake and AmericanCrow

I have decided to let the world know who you have selected for this final round. Once I have advise the selections I will not accept any changes. Your selections will be locked in.

However you will see that some of you have selected players that could be made the sub. Given the way we are running this last selection what I propose is that if any of you end up having selected the player that becomes the sub I will remove that player from your list of five. That will mean that you only have four players left and your sequence will be adjusted. If you all would like to advise me of an emergency player he will become your 5th choice if you are effected, There will be no other adjustment. no manipulations will be allowed. This way Immunity Cards remain in play I have high lighted your threats

So here are the selections:

GAME 5 ROUND 24 The Final Round
SugarShane - Dawson, Sholl, Murphy, Dowling, Soligo (Rachele, Rankine, Keays, Walker, Thilthorpe, Fogarty)

AmericanCrow - Dawson, Soligo, Berry, Laird, Crouch (Rankine, Rachele, Thilthorpe, Walker, Fog, Keays) Immunity Card

Weeblake - Dowling, Berry, Jones, Murphy, Curtin (Rankine, Fog, Thilthorpe, Walker, Keays, Rachele) Immunity Card

Let me have that emergency player. Hopefully it wont be needed.

Gentlemen, SugarShane WeeBlake and AmericanCrow

I have decided to let the world know who you have selected for this final round. Once I have advise the selections I will not accept any changes. Your selections will be locked in.

However you will see that some of you have selected players that could be made the sub. Given the way we are running this last selection what I propose is that if any of you end up having selected the player that becomes the sub I will remove that player from your list of five. That will mean that you only have four players left and your sequence will be adjusted. If you all would like to advise me of an emergency player he will become your 5th choice if you are effected, There will be no other adjustment. no manipulations will be allowed. This way Immunity Cards remain in play I have high lighted your threats

So here are the selections:

SugarShane - Dawson, Sholl, Murphy, Dowling, Soligo (Rachele, Rankine, Keays, Walker, Thilthorpe, Fogarty)

AmericanCrow - Dawson, Soligo, Berry, Laird, Crouch (Rankine, Rachele, Thilthorpe, Walker, Fog, Keays) Immunity Card

Weeblake - Dowling, Berry, Jones, Murphy, Curtin (Rankine, Fog, Thilthorpe, Walker, Keays, Rachele) Immunity Card

Let me have that emergency player. Hopefully it wont be needed.
My emergency can be Dawson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SugarShane - Dawson, Sholl, Murphy, Dowling, Soligo (Rachele, Rankine, Keays, Walker, Thilthorpe, Fogarty) Emergency Pick Berry.

Emergency Pick Dawson

May not require an emergency pick.

Well unless the Crows pull some other changes I think we have got all bases covered and thanks for your quick responses.

It looks like Jones will be our sub. He was selected in the team so this is a little surprise. It also means that the only person effected is WeeBlake. I have adjusted his selections below.

Weeblake - Dowling, Berry, Jones, Murphy, Curtin, Dawson (Rankine, Fog, Thilthorpe, Walker, Keays, Rachele) Immunity Card

OK may the best selector win.

RESULTS
GOAL KICKERS:
Taylor 3, Thilthorpe 3, Walker 2, Nankervis, Keays, Dawson, Curtin, Berry
FIRST GOAL KICKER: Rowbottom from Sydney. Unfortunately this means that no new Immunity Cards have been issued.

SugarShane - Dawson 1pt, Sholl no goal scored so no more pts scored. Murphy, Dowling, Soligo (Rachele, Rankine, Keays, Walker, Thilthorpe, Fogarty)

Weeblake - Dowling Use of Immunity Card 1pt, Berry 1pt, Jones was removed from the comp no impact. Murphy did not score a goal and this ended Weeblake's score at 2pts. Curtin, Dawson (Rankine, Fog, Thilthorpe, Walker, Keays, Rachele) Immunity Card

AmericanCrow - Dawson 1pt, Soligo use of Immunity Card 1pt, Berry 1pt, Laird did not kick a goal and this ended AmericanCrow's score at 3pts. Crouch (Rankine, Rachele, Thilthorpe, Walker, Fog, Keays) Immunity Card

So I declare we do have a outright winner and he is AmericanCrow. Big congratulations to our overseas supporter. I mentioned in Lock of Week that AmericanCrow is always up there competing and is a deserving winner. As a result I will initiate the Goal Kicking Footy Boot badge being awarded to our winner. Naturally the name of the comp will be altered to reflect AmericanCrow's victory. I will also update the Honour Roll.

That means we have finished our comps for the year. I should acknowledge our other two finalist SugarShane and WeeBlake and hope they will return next year but the spotlight falls on AmericanCrow. Congratulations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions AmericanCrow's Goal Kicking Competition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back