Player Watch Oleg Markov

Remove this Banner Ad

Club must see a role for him beyond 2024. Signing a few players they want to retain gives more certainty about how much cash they’ve got to splash on potential recruits, or how much they can offer others like Pendles et al.
They have signed him for 2025 so of course that means they think they have a role for him beyond 2024. Kind of obvious….

That said I don’t see the cash to splash argument. He’s likely on just above minimum chips so is hardly going to free up any significant cap when he’s eventually retired off…

They have signed him for 2025 so of course that means they think they have a role for him beyond 2024. Kind of obvious….

That said I don’t see the cash to splash argument. He’s likely on just above minimum chips so is hardly going to free up any significant cap when he’s eventually retired off…

Obvious, yet you claimed you couldn’t see why they’d signed him 🤔.

The more pieces you lock in, the greater the understanding of what’s left in the pool. I expect we’ll see other similar announcements. Kind of obvious….

Obvious, yet you claimed you couldn’t see why they’d signed him 🤔.

The more pieces you lock in, the greater the understanding of what’s left in the pool. I expect we’ll see other similar announcements. Kind of obvious….
I can see that they thought he’d be useful because hopefully they wouldn’t have signed him if they didn’t think that! I didn’t say i agree with them however.

Given low salary I would have thought he would have been the last piece of the puzzle and signings like his should not be critical to other list decisions. Not in July anyway. It’s not as if he’s about to walk to another club..,

If Pendles was a good club man he would accept a $250k contract for 2025
I'm sure he would if we needed him to for a big name FA to push us over the edge. Right now I don't think we've got enough older stars to be pushing up against the cap and were a bit short on draft capital to trade for anyone. Maybe an LDU offer?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Markov is an outside player, so when we are not winning the ball and feeding it out as much (like this year) his output will drop significantly. He is cream on the cake only. You have seen him out of position quite a bit this year when he has played when he takes himself up into the contest looking for the ball rather than maintaining width. And this loss of structure is a result of others either not being there due to injury or simply just not pulling their weight. Markov's performances are dependent on the teams performance not the other way around. This makes him dispensible. I like leggy but he can only play well in a team that is playing well.

The fact he was on the Front Bar last night might be a sign that the club could part ways at seasons end and they might have given him the all clear to start boosting his media profile for a gig after footy. My take on it at least.

Markov is an outside player, so when we are not winning the ball and feeding it out as much (like this year) his output will drop significantly. He is cream on the cake only. You have seen him out of position quite a bit this year when he has played when he takes himself up into the contest looking for the ball rather than maintaining width. And this loss of structure is a result of others either not being there due to injury or simply just not pulling their weight. Markov's performances are dependent on the teams performance not the other way around. This makes him dispensible. I like leggy but he can only play well in a team that is playing well.

The fact he was on the Front Bar last night might be a sign that the club could part ways at seasons end and they might have given him the all clear to start boosting his media profile for a gig after footy. My take on it at least.

Or with the Olympics just finishing, a premiership player with his parentage might be topical.

He's signed on for 2025 hasn't he?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Oleg Markov

Remove this Banner Ad

Back