Betstar Champions Cup OMFL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Miserable conditions but nothing like playing up at Beechworth in a sub zero hail storm clutching at a 6kg ball. These blokes don’t know how good they’ve got it, crisp Sherrin, firm surface, lights lit and light weight playing attire. A few players tip toeing around yesterday.

yep north have let two close ones slip and if they win both wowee does the comp look different…
But let’s be honest, young side and clearly a good side will learn from this and if it cost them this year they’ll make sure it doesn’t happen next year.
Tim’s men are heading in the right direction and they’ll be better for it long term, no one expected this kind of season from them and aren’t we glad they are producing this because it’s sparked a lot of interest in the O&M because of it

I m saddened to hear of the sudden passing of Lavington 2 time premiership player be it Peter Copley at only 62 years of age. I played againt him a number of times and he was a very good player and win , loose or draw he would have a beer with you after the game ... Also he became a very successful coach for clubs such as Thurgoona and Culcairn in the Hume league and Tallangatta leagues ,,
He gave back a lot to country footy ,,
RIP Copes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely THE FAVOURITES aren’t worried? Rover vs Wang qualifying final 31st of August. Will be a massive game of local footy.
Just hope it’s not at Bunton Park or Wodonga

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think anyone worth a pinch of 💩 at Rovers respects and at the same time fears the lads across the road. Have been the whipping boys far too many times over the last 15 years to get too ahead of themselves. Cause for optimism for sure, but don’t want to shoot their bolt too early which is think poor old Laz is a victim of. I believe you can get pills to help with that problem these days..

I think anyone worth a pinch of 💩 at Rovers respects and at the same time fears the lads across the road. Have been the whipping boys far too many times over the last 15 years to get too ahead of themselves. Cause for optimism for sure, but don’t want to shoot their bolt too early which is think poor old Laz is a victim of. I believe you can get pills to help with that problem these days..
15 years is pretty short time frame of the history of the two clubs, I'd suggest there's certainly a healthy respect, the two games this year, have been finals like standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back