Betstar Champions Cup OMFL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Daz opts for the tough rebuild jobs, sides anchored to the shore. I’d say Wangaratta are 12 months away from this point.

Just make sure you (Dribbler76) and the boys turn up next week, unlike this weekend. You are THE FAVOURITES after all

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just make sure you (Dribbler76) and the boys turn up next week, unlike this weekend. You are THE FAVOURITES after all

Everyone at the ground saw what was happening 15 minutes in and Rovers couldn't stop it.

Dribbler76 (lol) who thinks North Albury have no chance is not paying due respect to a very good opponent, beating Wang in a tight final is a great effort. They've improved so much and even if their opposition gets a run on they don't drop their heads, they keep coming with their quick ball movement. Their supporters are having a ball right now and rightly so.

Last edited:
Sure did, played for wang in about 1990 from memory. He has certainly been linked to the job. Have also heard what would be a more explosive story as to who the new coach is, would certainly ruffle a few feathers around the league if any legs to it.
Come on give us your theory? Not often a poster other than Larry has me this keen to hear a bombshell!

Sure did, played for wang in about 1990 from memory. He has certainly been linked to the job. Have also heard what would be a more explosive story as to who the new coach is, would certainly ruffle a few feathers around the league if any legs to it.
Not Stevie J
Chased him pretty hard was the whisper.
Since declined to take up a role in The Big Smoke

Someone ought to tell Albury to pull their finger out and try to be a decent host when the finals are on. I wouldn't give them 2 out 10 for what they serve up, that's when they do get around to serving some food. No wonder people take their own. Given they've got around 9 supporters I'm guessing they struggle for volunteers. A disgraceful effort, but at least it's consistent.

On Sunday the only thing Rovers didn't have was a wine tasing. Brilliant effort looking after everyone!, food everywhere and plenty eating it, served up quick smart too and with a smile :)

Someone ought to tell Albury to pull their finger out and try to be a decent host when the finals are on. I wouldn't give them 2 out 10 for what they serve up, that's when they do get around to serving some food. No wonder people take their own. Given they've got around 9 supporters I'm guessing they struggle for volunteers. A disgraceful effort, but at least it's consistent.

On Sunday the only thing Rovers didn't have was a wine tasing. Brilliant effort looking after everyone!, food everywhere and plenty eating it, served up quick smart too and with a smile :)
A happy customer is a return customer

I Always bring my own piss and pack a couple of sandwiches for the trip to the Albury sports ground. Regardless of the poor service, I’m not giving them a dime. I’ll scale the west side fence near the swimming hole to avoid the admission fee if the crowds thick enough, like I said, they’ve got enough dough.

I Always bring my own piss and pack a couple of sandwiches for the trip to the Albury sports ground. Regardless of the poor service, I’m not giving them a dime. I’ll scale the west side fence near the swimming hole to avoid the admission fee if the crowds thick enough, like I said, they’ve got enough dough.
What's in your sandwiches?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I scuffled with Heatley back in the day, a poor man’s Barry Hall. What are his coaching credentials?
Heatley had a two-year stint with the Tasmania Devils in the VFL before coaching Warrnambool in the Hampden Football League.Heatley returned to Melbourne and coached Northcote Park Cougars in the Northern Football League. Heatley coached the Cougars for three seasons: 2012, 2013, and 2014. In 2012, Heatley was awarded the ACFA coach of the Northern Region. Coach of North Heidelberg since 2020. Got knocked out Div 1 finals in straight sets this year.

Who are your top Coaches Stuyd?
well let me say the best easily come to mind ,,, not in any order but I saw some greats and this as follows
Wang Ropvers ; Neville Hogan , Laurie Burt , Darryl Smith
Albury tigers; Paul Spargo , Shaun Daly
North Albury ; Col Travaskis
Benalla ; Bill Salmon
Yarrawonga ; Chris Kennedy and Neil Davis
Wodonga ; Ernest Whitehead.
Lavington; Jeff Cassidy

well let me say the best easily come to mind ,,, not in any order but I saw some greats and this as follows
Benalla ; Bill Salmon
Lavington; Jeff Cassidy

Not a bad list.
Think Tim Samson at lavi needs a shout out.
Honestly I might be bias, but Broomhead would have to be the best coach going around currently.
He has bought something North has needed for a long time…. BELIEF

Nope it was Jack, hanneberry got below the knees in the last

Yep that was wood again too. Captain tunnel.

So are we all go hoppers go go go this weekend?

Bombshell coaching announcement - muzza crosses golf course lane with filo in tow?!?

Last edited:
Benalla ; Bill Salmon
Lavington; Jeff Cassidy
Great list
I’d be adding Tim Sanson to it

Who’s brave enough to predict how the next two weeks are going to unfold? Rovers by ten goals against NA and then to send Steve off empty handed in a close one. Filo to win the league count and best on ground grand final day. Muz will give the league medal a shake but I think Filo has had close to his best season in the O&M. Just doesn’t stop, rarely plays a poor game.

Not a bad list.
Think Tim Samson at lavi needs a shout out.
Honestly I might be bias, but Broomhead would have to be the best coach going around currently.
He has bought something North has needed for a long time…. BELIEF
A bit like Muz, they lead by example with their actions. Both often seize the moments with team lifting heroics.

Nothing quite tops your “Ablett Sr was beating up Lester Ellis so sparring had to be stopped” quote though Stuyd. That was one for the ages 🤣

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
You scuffled with Ablett? I didn’t think so, as strong as an ox. My favourite quote was Peters one about Wangaratta players taking pay cuts for team success, absolute classic, the only thing cut were the envelopes.

You scuffled with Ablett? I didn’t think so, as strong as an ox. My favourite quote was Peters one about Wangaratta players taking pay cuts for team success, absolute classic, the only thing cut were the envelopes.

It’s PETA pal! 3 GF’s in a row, there were plenty playing for unders back then.
Hopefully THE FAVOURITES can make it there this weekend. You’ve played in one grand final in 30 years and got belted. Surely you don’t get belted again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Betstar Champions Cup OMFL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back