Betstar Champions Cup OMFL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a bad list.
Think Tim Samson at lavi needs a shout out.
Honestly I might be bias, but Broomhead would have to be the best coach going around currently.
He has bought something North has needed for a long time…. BELIEF
yes agree,, I had Tim Sanson in there but forgot to put it on my list ..
Anyway Crezzas got a long way to go to be rated a coach of these guys records and qualities

yes agree,, I had Tim Sanson in there but forgot to put it on my list ..
Anyway Crezzas got a long way to go to be rated a coach of these guys records and qualities

Crezza didn’t make a GF, but, still think he was a pretty good coach during my time involved in the O&M. Apologies for not being around since the early 60’s

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nothing quite tops your “Ablett Sr was beating up Lester Ellis so sparring had to be stopped” quote though Stuyd. That was one for the ages 🤣

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
correct .. Lester was about to go into a world title fight so when his coachs etc saw Ablett belting him with big powefful punches so they pulled the pin ..
You obviously are not aware of Abletts fighting ability ,, I could tell you some facts about 3 backyard blues Ablett had many years ago ,, frightening ..
But lets leave it alone hey

Crezza didn’t make a GF, but, still think he was a pretty good coach during my time involved in the O&M. Apologies for not being around since the early 60’s

Theres no early 1960s coaches in my list ,, the earliest is Neville Hogan whom acheived much success in the 1970s
And I did not say Crezza was not a good coach ,, Im just commenting hes no where near th elevel of these guys

It’s PETA pal! 3 GF’s in a row, there were plenty playing for unders back then.
Hopefully THE FAVOURITES can make it there this weekend. You’ve played in one grand final in 30 years and got belted. Surely you don’t get belted again?

Larry bought 4 though, remember? Then had a very short demise into recess and heard F all since about the such great club he brought back from the dead, created such great culture and then buried again

I just named of off the top,of my head ,,, I agree Tossol was great as was Martin Cross, Jeff Gieschen and Craig Ednie ,, but imo not quite in the league of the guys I named ,, once again,, its my opinion only
After having time to think more about it yes I woud include Peter Tossol up there ,, and by memory he was a great O & M Coach as well in the VCFL championships

Caruso doesn’t have the resume as some of these other names tossed about, but he was very highly respected as a senior coach, smart, firm, direct, well spoken and could give a spray. Probably unlucky in the end not to quite get there in the O&M ranks, that’s football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes mate ,, he was a very good coach imo ,, had great resuts for Benalla ,, and a gun player
Study1, I am curious about your Ablett backyard story? Gaz and I wound up playing table tennis in a garage in Myrtleford, must’ve been 1982, the neighbours wild German Shepherd jumped a 7ft fence and started trying to maul us, long story short, Gaz restrained it, threw the thing on his shoulders and jumped the fence and returned the dog. Vertical leap, never seen anything like it, he was from another planet. He was very reserved, but if you got in his space he’d let you know, we got on well.

Study1, I am curious about your Ablett backyard story? Gaz and I wound up playing table tennis in a garage in Myrtleford, must’ve been 1982, the neighbours wild German Shepherd jumped a 7ft fence and started trying to maul us, long story short, Gaz restrained it, threw the thing on his shoulders and jumped the fence and returned the dog. Vertical leap, never seen anything like it, he was from another planet. He was very reserved, but if you got in his space he’d let you know, we got on well.
I'm picturing Geoff and gaz playing ping pong haha

I'm surprised gazs mustang wasn't in the garage

He used to throw the Wild Pigs around like they were mice so throwing a German Shepherd over his shoulder would be nothing Laz

This is your best yet

this would make gaz the vertical jump world record holder- by a fair way too

Remove this Banner Ad

Betstar Champions Cup OMFL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back