Betstar Champions Cup OMFL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Study1, I am curious about your Ablett backyard story? Gaz and I wound up playing table tennis in a garage in Myrtleford, must’ve been 1982, the neighbours wild German Shepherd jumped a 7ft fence and started trying to maul us, long story short, Gaz restrained it, threw the thing on his shoulders and jumped the fence and returned the dog. Vertical leap, never seen anything like it, he was from another planet. He was very reserved, but if you got in his space he’d let you know, we got on well.
Big Larry .
I have not heard this yarn before

He used to throw the Wild Pigs around like they were mice so throwing a German Shepherd over his shoulder would be nothing Laz
Mike Sheehan interview with John Barnes ,, google it and watch ,, Barnsey tells the yarn when he and Ablett were out wild pig hunting ...I will not say no more ,, just watch it

You scuffled with Ablett? I didn’t think so, as strong as an ox. My favourite quote was Peters one about Wangaratta players taking pay cuts for team success, absolute classic, the only thing cut were the envelopes.

Stop it! Why would I scuffle with Ablett you dill?! To the average man of course it would be a silly mistake but to say Ablett was toweling up a professional boxer, and a world champion at that, is just absolutely clueless and utter nonsense. Bit like your predictions to be honest

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

correct .. Lester was about to go into a world title fight so when his coachs etc saw Ablett belting him with big powefful punches so they pulled the pin ..
You obviously are not aware of Abletts fighting ability ,, I could tell you some facts about 3 backyard blues Ablett had many years ago ,, frightening ..
But lets leave it alone hey

No I won’t leave it alone because it’s a ridiculous comment! Blueing in a backyard and fighting professionally at world level are two completely different things you carrot! Do you know what sparring is or you taking a guess? Hardly any big powerful punches thrown! Jesus, seriously 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No I won’t leave it alone because it’s a ridiculous comment! Blueing in a backyard and fighting professionally at world level are two completely different things you carrot! Do you know what sparring is or you taking a guess? Hardly any big powerful punches thrown! Jesus, seriously 🤣

Maybe ask a few cats player from 80s and 90s what Gazza was like in the ring

Ablett was a brawler, forget the technical stuff in the ring. Gloves off in an alleyway and Lester has a mouthful of gravel with a popped eyeball. Completely fearless and contrary to what some believe, highly intelligent.
Highly intelligent? He certainly managed to hide that pretty well. What’s he done after footy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Betstar Champions Cup OMFL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back