Betstar Champions Cup OMFL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Geoff what will happen to you if rovers win. I'm expecting a big party in glenrowan to host silly Sunday. I'm sure you could invite up gaz with the promise of more ping pong, the Carlton crew, karlos on the tractor, brodes being brodes

Would you let Darryn in though?
When Rovers lose next week will it be a mass walk out? Slippery slope with all those imports.

When Rovers lose next week will it be a mass walk out? Slippery slope with all those imports.
there isn't even that many imports anymore, the only players who aren't a junior and don't live in wangaratta are o'brien, allison, parnell, cattapan and murray, obviously he isn't going. Everyone has been calling for the mass walkout since 2019 when darryn came and yeah some have come and gone but unless you get players to relocate, 2-3 years for high quality players from melb is more than servicable.

there isn't even that many imports anymore, the only players who aren't a junior and don't live in wangaratta are o'brien, allison, parnell, cattapan and murray, obviously he isn't going. Everyone has been calling for the mass walkout since 2019 when darryn came and yeah some have come and gone but unless you get players to relocate, 2-3 years for high quality players from melb is more than servicable.
All above have been great pickups. Allison and Catappan made team of year, Parnell moving to Wangaratta next year is the word, and O’Brien hitting some good form at right time of year. Allison, Cattapan and O’Brien all signed to multi-year contracts too which is smart recruiting

See former North Albury gun be it Dom Brew has won the JJ Liston trophy in the VFL ..Thats a huge achievenment,, his stats across the sesson were exceptional and he also won the the VFL Coaches award .. yet I dont see/ hear any talk of him being given a go at the AFL level, ??? he was also named in the VFL tem of the year obviously .
Also see ex Albury Tiger gun in Riley Bice was named in the team of the year ,, great achievement

All above have been great pickups. Allison and Catappan made team of year, Parnell moving to Wangaratta next year is the word, and O’Brien hitting some good form at right time of year. Allison, Cattapan and O’Brien all signed to multi-year contracts too which is smart recruiting
So I suppose the Corowa boys are going back to Corowa . And any 3 rds boys are easy pickings for o & k . No likelihood of a senior game in 2025 . My advice , move on . Talk to Corowa .

So I suppose the Corowa boys are going back to Corowa . And any 3 rds boys are easy pickings for o & k . No likelihood of a senior game in 2025 . My advice , move on . Talk to Corowa .
I don’t know that they will.
Lewis been getting a fair crack as has Osborne.
Be Great for Corowa if they did go back especially with having some O and M Senior experience now.

I was at the game was clearly the best player on the ground for the first 3 quarters. Should have got a minimum 5 votes in the two games against Wang, but only received two.
I am far from a fan of the bloke, but you have to respect the displays of brutal domination he puts on at times.
Filo was robbed of the medal. Forget Muller, his own club got fed up with his selfish gameplay, he’s incapable of tapping the ball to his small men.

It’s called depth, why the hell would these talented young men head out to a poorly ran dying league. A chance to play under and with ex-league footballers can’t be understated.

Allison is a bloody beauty. Reads the ball as well as any player I have seen, keeps calm, great decision making and skills. There’s no knock on his game. He’s been the pick of the recruits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See former North Albury gun be it Dom Brew has won the JJ Liston trophy in the VFL ..Thats a huge achievenment,, his stats across the sesson were exceptional and he also won the the VFL Coaches award .. yet I dont see/ hear any talk of him being given a go at the AFL level, ??? he was also named in the VFL tem of the year obviously .
Also see ex Albury Tiger gun in Riley Bice was named in the team of the year ,, great achievement
Bice is a pretty good chance to get picked up by and afl side id say

The townsfolk are looking forward to bringing the cup back to our city, fair and square this time. I don’t want to be premature with this, but I’m in talks with city council for a bronze statue of Murray and Gaston to be placed in the cbd.
Are you sure Murray is playing? Vision of him kneeing Broomhead at the start of the prelim surely gets looked at. First contest of the Prelim for anyone wanting to go on YouTube and see the footage. Murray clearly knees Broomhead twice.

The townsfolk are looking forward to bringing the cup back to our city, fair and square this time. I don’t want to be premature with this, but I’m in talks with city council for a bronze statue of Murray and Gaston to be placed in the cbd.
‘The townsfolk’ hahaha

99% of ‘the townsfolk’ wouldn’t know there was a footy match on this weekend, nor would they care! The population of Wang is? And how many townsfolk get along to a home game?

Good luck with the statue 🤣🤣

Are you sure Murray is playing? Vision of him kneeing Broomhead at the start of the prelim surely gets looked at. First contest of the Prelim for anyone wanting to go on YouTube and see the footage. Murray clearly knees Broomhead twice.
Intentional, body, low impact. Only comes with a reprimand/fine with an early plee.
Unless Broomy had significant bruising on the leg to get it upgraded to medium impact...

Pretty ordinary behaviour but can't see him getting done for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Betstar Champions Cup OMFL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back