On current form, Sydney should be flag favourites

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Forget the media hyperbole for a minute, and consider the facts:

1. Hawthorn fell in against the "undeserving" Crows, while Sydney dominated Collingwood.
2. Sydney dominated the Crows, on the Crows home ground, only 2 weeks before Hawthorn nearly lost to the Crows on the Hawks home ground.
3. Buddy Franklin MAY be cited for the late hit and may miss the GF.
4. Hodge - obviously a doubt to return.
5. Schoenmakers - terribly out of form as future Lion Kurt Tippet showed.
6. Only a few weeks ago Sydney dominated Hawthorn, keeping them goalless to 1/4 time before a flat spot from the usually reliable Swans let hawthorn back in.
7. They can't catch Lewis Jetta, a player made for the wider MCG, rather than the postage stamp SCG.
8. LRT
9. Hawthorn, since 08, have built up an impressive record of choking in finals. It could be argued that only umpires got them through the prelim this year.
10. Sydney spent most of the year top of the ladder, Hawks only there for 2 weeks this year. In 2012, Sydney have been the best team, as proven also by -
11. When they met earlier in the year, at Hawthorn's Tasmanian "fortress", the Swans annihilated them.

Hawthorn are favourites for two reasons:

1. The books to a man took a lot of money on hawks for the flag earlier in the year and all have Hawthorn as worst result, and -
2. The year long Hawthorn media wankfest.

The odds do not reflect reality. Sydney have dominated Hawthorn when they've met, are the better team and should be flag favourites.

And I believe sensible, objective Hawks fans would know this.

Shouldn't this rubbish be on the Bay?

1. Hawthorn fell in against the "undeserving" Crows, while Sydney dominated Collingwood.
Hawthorn Dominated Collingwood.. beating them by more than the Swans did.
2. Sydney dominated the Crows, on the Crows home ground, only 2 weeks before Hawthorn nearly lost to the Crows on the Hawks home ground.
Sydney dominated the crows? By having 20 less i50s? Whereas we had 25 more i50s? Riiiiight...
Wrong.
"Obviously" incorrect. Will play.
Schoey smashes Sam Reid every time. Fact.
6. Only a few weeks ago Sydney dominated Hawthorn, keeping them goalless to 1/4 time before a flat spot from the usually reliable Swans let hawthorn back in.
A flat spot for 2 1/2 quarters...? Is that similar to Brisvegas' "flat spot" for the last 2 years?
7. They can't catch Lewis Jetta, a player made for the wider MCG, rather than the postage stamp SCG.
They can't catch Cyril Rioli, a player made for finals.
8. LRT
Buddy.
9. Hawthorn, since 08, have built up an impressive record of choking in finals. It could be argued that only umpires got them through the prelim this year.
Argued incorrectly by morons like you
10. Sydney spent most of the year top of the ladder, Hawks only there for 2 weeks this year. In 2012, Sydney have been the best team, as proven also by
11. When they met earlier in the year, at Hawthorn's Tasmanian "fortress", the Swans annihilated them.
And Richmond also beat the Swans at the G earlier in the year... no relevance.
I know supporting the Lions has given you a lot of free time during September recently.. but maybe you should find a hobby or something - the OP is just sad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney have dominated Hawthorn when they've met, are the better team and should be flag favourites.

Well, it would be easier to agree had we not beaten Sydney in Sydney just recently when both sides were desperate for the minor premiership.

Guys try to be objective with this. I know you're Hawks supporters and are obviously close to the coalface, and I don't blame you for starting to believe the Hawthorn love-fest that's been the media this year, but try to be objective, and step outside your own club for a minute.

Let's break it down into three salient facts:

1. Sydney smashed Hawthorn in Tassie. Advantage: Sydney
2. Sydney smashed Hawthorn in the first quarter in Sydney, then Hawthorn played very well and managed to scrape home with goals in the last 2 minutes. Advantage: neither, too close to call
3. Sydney were on top for most of the year, while Hawthorn were only on top for two weeks. Advantage: Sydney

Objectivity here please, this is not the Bay.

Guys try to be objective with this. I know you're Hawks supporters and are obviously close to the coalface, and I don't blame you for starting to believe the Hawthorn love-fest that's been the media this year, but try to be objective, and step outside your own club for a minute.

Let's break it down into three salient facts:

1. Sydney smashed Hawthorn in Tassie. Advantage: Sydney
2. Sydney smashed Hawthorn in the first quarter in Sydney, then Hawthorn played very well and managed to scrape home with goals in the last 2 minutes. Advantage: neither, too close to call
3. Sydney were on top for most of the year, while Hawthorn were only on top for two weeks. Advantage: Sydney

Objectivity here please, this is not the Bay.
So Swans beating us is an advantage to them, but us beating the Swans and we have no advantage?

Remember Hawthorn smashed Sydney early in Tassie.

The Hawks will not be underdogs this week as much as some of you would like that. They are favourites for the flag, deal with it.

If we kicked straight this thread wouldn't be made.

But I agree- the Swans should be favourites, but lets be honest, it's completely irrelevant.

Will be a ripper Grand Final!

8. LRT
10. Sydney spent most of the year top of the ladder, Hawks only there for 2 weeks this year. In 2012, Sydney have been the best team, as proven also by -

Hawthorn are favourites for two reasons:

1. The books to a man took a lot of money on hawks for the flag earlier in the year and all have Hawthorn as worst result, and -
2. The year long Hawthorn media wankfest.

The odds do not reflect reality. Sydney have dominated Hawthorn when they've met, are the better team and should be flag favourites.

I think Sydney should be favourites or atleast a lot shorter odds than they are. Only because of the form in prelims nothing to do with any of this other garbage you have posted!

Remove this Banner Ad

On current form, Sydney should be flag favourites

Remove this Banner Ad

Back