Once again we have a higher ranked team playing away gf - solution:

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez, Geelong fans on here just can’t address the thread title, can they?

I’m not surprised, when you get an obvious advantage from it, why stay on topic?

I have. Twice.

The 2024 Grand Final is guaranteed to be a neutral grand final.

That's 3 times now.

I’m not surprised, when you get an obvious advantage from it, why stay on topic?
Unsurprisingly you've reverted to emotional rambles after failing to coherently respond to anything.

Geelong this century are yet to play a single grand final at the G against a higher ranked interstate team. It was gifted an MCG prelim in 2004 against the higher ranked Lions.

Whereas it has "hosted" many MCG finals against MCG tenants (including in each premiership) and had ONE actual home final in that time. We are still waiting on one of those favours paid back by an interstate team "hosting" us at the G if they are the higher ranked team. If that happens in 2024 it's been well earned.

Still, this hasn't stopped you sooking about the staggeringly easy ride it has supposedly had.

Great entertainment value, but little beyond that.

You:

QXdSMh.gif

and yet the stats say otherwise

r225055_1295x864_3-2.png
A fancy graph does not make an accurate graph. There is no 'other home'. There is home ground and the venue we're forced to play against tenant clubs.

So my statement stands. 2024 is guaranteed to be a neutral GF.

A fancy graph does not make an accurate graph. There is no 'other home'. There is home ground and the venue we're forced to play against tenant clubs.

So my statement stands. 2024 is guaranteed to be a neutral GF.

You know exactly what "other home" means and it clearly shows that while not as big an advantage playing at the MCG is still a big advantage for Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know exactly what "other home" means and it clearly shows that while not as big an advantage playing at the MCG is still a big advantage for Geelong.
I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

and yet the stats say otherwise

r225055_1295x864_3-2.png
If you want to see a real second home, look at all those teams with HIGHER winning percentages at their "second home" than their primary one.

Hawthorn
Bulldogs
Richmond
North Melbourne
Essendon

Geelong, as a consistently strong team, has maintained a strong record at a neutral venue. SHOCK. Go look at its G record '98 through '06. Not impressive at all.

Another RUNVS theory debunked.

Got any others? A controversial one is a well run club has outperformed its competitors on merit. That one might be too uncomfortable for BigFooty though.

Just play it at the Adelaide Oval again. I like that cheat ground.
They're all our cheat grounds..... Almost

Bellerive 100%
Kardinia Park 67.76%
Marvel 65.9%
Metricon 64.7%
GWS 62.5%
Adelaide Oval 57%
GABBA 57%
SCG 55%
MCG 55%

Optus 45.5%

They're all our cheat grounds..... Almost

Bellerive 100%
Kardinia Park 67.76%
Marvel 65.9%
Metricon 64.7%
GWS 62.5%
Adelaide Oval 57%
GABBA 57%
SCG 55%
MCG 55%

Optus 45.5%
Wow there's no difference playing at the MCG or SCG. We should make it another home ground. Marvel looks like a true second cheat ground but even Adelaide Oval is becoming a bit of a tertiary home.

Except the facts are pretty damn clear. Says that Geelong wins at "other home" around 18% more than they win "away" and "other home" is the MCG.
Now run the data on '98 through '06 and get back to me. Wow that "second home" factor is gone!

Showing that Geelong - during its period as the leagues most consistent team - has an extraordinary record when it travels to play MCG tenants, or "hosts" pathetic interstate travellers, isn't making the point that you're hoping it does.

Every single MCG game against an interstater in that time frame was as the higher ranked team. So what are you sooking about? That for the first time it could happen in 2024? And now you're trying to convince yourself the G is Geelongs home as much as Collingwood or Richmond.

Any team winning a premiership without playing finals at its actual home ground is a remarkable feat. To do so 4 times in 16 seasons is ridiculous.

I appreciate you toasting that again but the desperate reaching for unfair advantages is only a coping mechanism.

‘Other home’ means, effectively, games played against hawthorn, Collingwood, Richmond at the mcg with a couple more latterly against Carlton. That’s what it means, doesn’t it. Teams who are based there permanently. Away games.

As has already been addressed, it’s not hawthorn flying to Tassie to meet Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Once again we have a higher ranked team playing away gf - solution:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back