State One Day Cup 24-25 thread.

Who wins the 24-25 One Day Cup?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Queensland just haven't been composed through the middle order and it's cost them. The inexperience of Clayton, Burdon and Hearne showed. Panic shots throughout

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely stole that one!!!
Nah as pointed out by other posters - lack of experience in the middle to lower order was always a risk, take Neser out once they got to 3 or 4 down and all the big guns gone there was nothing in the shed - Vics blew two run outs that would have made it a 30 run win. Vics almost blew it.

I thought the bonus point had been scrapped.
Comms were mentioning it in commentary. But with QLD needing 120 off 15 overs, and losing wickets, it slowly got out of reach.

This from CA website for 2024-25 comp:

"

How does the points system work?

Teams get four points for a win, two points for either a tie, no result or abandoned match and zero points for a loss.

Any team that achieves victory with a run rate 1.25 times that of the opposition will also receive one bonus point. For the team batting second to gain a bonus point, the victory must be achieved by the end of the 40th over or 80 per cent of the number of overs in a reduced overs match, rounded up to the next delivery as required.

The teams that finish first and second on the points table at the completion of all preliminary matches will qualify for the final on February 25. The team with the higher net run rate will determine ladder positions if teams finish level on points."

Pity there wasn't another week of one day games this week.

Poor scheduling in my opinion. But as pointed out earlier CA don't seem to care much about this 50 over comp
The fact that they don't have video technology as well for the games , tells you the priority they have for this tournament.

Also not sure if its me but there has been very little advertising of the tournament. I guess having it in 3 chunks of the season doesn't really help that.

It disappoints me that despite BBL contracting from 14 to 10 games per team the One Day Cup remains at 7 games per team
It is a worldwide trend - this time of year in a past life we would have had Mercantile Mutual Cup on TV on a Sunday… Harry Brook apparently hadn’t played a 50 over game for about 4 years until the ODI’s recently

Remove this Banner Ad

State One Day Cup 24-25 thread.

Back