State One Day Cup 24-25 thread.

Who wins the 24-25 One Day Cup?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

And the standings from Cricinfo do look right (for once in a while):

1729836466098.png

Really don't know why Webster doesn't get talked about much for higher honours.

Make a mountain of runs, takes wickets and is a good field.
I didnt watch the game today. But with his height Im assuming that it would have been of assistance especially at the WACA. From what I have seen of him in the Big Bash, he doesnt bowl at lightning speed but those kind of bowlers with that extra bit of height tend to do more with it also being a wicket that has that extra bit of bounce.

WA will be mega disappointed with that effort today. Im pretty sure they were the favourites to win the One Day Cup this season. Todays lineup against Tasmania, had 10 players that have represented the national team in one of the three formats.

It also may be a bit of a sign for the upcoming BBL season for the Perth Scorchers- that their batting looks like their achilles heal. There is a bit of common theme with their 3 losses in the One Day Cup this season, there have been batting collapses. The losses to South Australia and NSW you could arguably argue were losses that hurt more given they had a stranglehold on both games.

Really don't know why Webster doesn't get talked about much for higher honours.

Make a mountain of runs, takes wickets and is a good field.
He is better than a good field.

And I thought the Vics had a bad day.
Holy moly WA that's an uncommon capitulation by state competition level standards.
Especially from the B2B2B defending champions

WA will be mega disappointed with that effort today. Im pretty sure they were the favourites to win the One Day Cup this season. Todays lineup against Tasmania, had 10 players that have represented the national team in one of the three formats.

It also may be a bit of a sign for the upcoming BBL season for the Perth Scorchers- that their batting looks like their achilles heal. There is a bit of common theme with their 3 losses in the One Day Cup this season, there have been batting collapses. The losses to South Australia and NSW you could arguably argue were losses that hurt more given they had a stranglehold on both games.
Batting across the board - Australia
wide is the issue

Batting across the board - Australia
wide is the issue
To be honest the only team there for me of the 6 state teams that had the biggest batting depth, you could make a case NSW has the deepest batting list. Cummins came in and whacked a 6 first ball and he is no mug with the bat. Cummins coming in at 8, and Tanveer Sangha at 9.

Victoria had Sutherland at 7, Sam Elliott at 8.

SA had Kelly at 6, then Liam Scott at 7.

QLD didnt need to rely on their middle order but Clayton at 5 and Hearne at 6.

Tassie you have Doran at 7 and Brad Hope at 8.

WA you have Agar at 8 and Richardson at 9. Agars best is sadly past him I feel with the bat.It seems comical now but in 2019, Agar said he wanted to emulate Andre Russell and Hardik Pandya with his all round and especially his batting game. :laughing:

All teams have a significant drop in batting prowess as soon as you hit that middle order and it wouldn't surprise me if there are a fair few batting collapses in the upcoming BBL season.

To be honest the only team there for me of the 6 state teams that had the biggest batting depth, you could make a case NSW has the deepest batting list. Cummins came in and whacked a 6 first ball and he is no mug with the bat. Cummins coming in at 8, and Tanveer Sangha at 9.

Victoria had Sutherland at 7, Sam Elliott at 8.

SA had Kelly at 6, then Liam Scott at 7.

QLD didnt need to rely on their middle order but Clayton at 5 and Hearne at 6.

Tassie you have Doran at 7 and Brad Hope at 8.

WA you have Agar at 8 and Richardson at 9. Agars best is sadly past him I feel with the bat.It seems comical now but in 2019, Agar said he wanted to emulate Andre Russell and Hardik Pandya with his all round and especially his batting game. :laughing:

All teams have a significant drop in batting prowess as soon as you hit that middle order and it wouldn't surprise me if there are a fair few batting collapses in the upcoming BBL season.
BBL is not real cricket…we are not producing batsmen…just JFM’s which are flat track one trick ponies

If it was a one-off you'd brush it off as an aberration but it's about the 4th collapse we've had this year. Losing to QLD and SA by 7 and 1 run respectively and going 4/18 chasing 80-odd 2 days ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

State One Day Cup 24-25 thread.

Back