One Hit Wonders ....that you still play

Remove this Banner Ad

'I Live For The Sun' - The Sunrays

(I think they did have another hit, 'Andrea' but it's barely known so I guess they count as one-hit wonders! Well, that is when people don't mistake them for the Beach Boys. :p)

guy sebastian.. dunno if he's had a hit but sure to be a wonder in years to come.. Perhaps a NO-hit wonder..

Even the Noll boy has more a profile, though perhaps this is because Guy has a smidgen of self respect and isnt letting them rape his ass from pillar to post hourly.

Originally posted by DonFan
Altered Images - Always Something There to Remind Me

Close but no cigar !!

They did not do a cover of that song, the one you are thinking of was done by Naked Eyes.

Altered Images had a monster hit with 'Happy Birthday', they also had serious chart success with "I Could Be Happy", "See Those Eyes" & "Love and Kisses".

Originally posted by lioness22
'I Live For The Sun' - The Sunrays

(I think they did have another hit, 'Andrea' but it's barely known so I guess they count as one-hit wonders! Well, that is when people don't mistake them for the Beach Boys. :p)

'Andrea' was an even bigger hit than 'I Live For The Sun'.

The reason why they were mistaken for The Beach Boys was because they were organised by Murry Wilson after he got the flick from his sons' band.

Originally posted by TheSheik

The reason why they were mistaken for The Beach Boys was because they were organised by Murry Wilson after he got the flick from his sons' band.

Yep. I wonder what he would have thought if he was still alive today, with everyone thinking it's one of Brian's songs! :eek::p Murry could come up with catchy tunes of his own, such as his own song 'Two Step Side Step' and also collaborating with his son on 'Break Away' (under the name Reggie Dunbar). I think the funniest thing to come out of the whole Sunrays thing is that Brian grabbed Rick Henn and collaborated with him! :D

People also mistake Jan & Dean for the Beach Boys though, possibly because Brian Wilson appears on most of the songs. ;)

Originally posted by Jeffers1984
There's heaps, but here's a few.

The Knack - My Sharona
Blind Melon - No Rain (My fave 1 hit wonder song)
Deep Blue Something - Breakfast at Tiffiny's
House of Pain - Jump Around
Lo-Tel - Teenager of the year (yeh i know they had another song)
Soft Cell - Tainted Love
Default- Wasting my Time
Gin Blossoms - Hey Jealousy
Tal Bachman - She's so High

You obviously listen to Triple M

Osmosis - She (Didn't Even Remember My Name)
May still be the only South Africa band to have a Top 40 hit in Australia.

Promises - Baby It's You.
Love the Video.

World Party - Ship Of Fools.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by DEVO
Promises - Baby It's You.
Love the Video.

Yes, thanks for the little mental image. All braces and boobs.

What about:
Life in a Northern Town - Dream Academy
Spirit in the Sky - Norman Greenbaum

Originally posted by TheSheik
Close but no cigar !!

They did not do a cover of that song, the one you are thinking of was done by Naked Eyes.

Altered Images had a monster hit with 'Happy Birthday', they also had serious chart success with "I Could Be Happy", "See Those Eyes" & "Love and Kisses".

I didn't think it wasn't right when I posted it but couldn't for the life of me think who it was. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

One Hit Wonders ....that you still play

Remove this Banner Ad

Back