Karbassiyoon

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
10k Posts
Oct 17, 2003
Other Teams
the following private message was sent on Jan 7th:

Dear Appleyard,

It seems to me that not enough admins and moderators are spending enough time on the boards. The suggestions board is really going to waste, because since Fred's decline in online activity, the only administrator regularly online is yourself.

From your current pool of moderators, you must promote the 3 most regularly online users to admin positions in order to help you out. From all the current moderators, i can only reccomend Shinboners be made admin. Despite having my differences with him in the past, i think Shinboners has shown administration qualities, as he regularly takes action, and no task appears to small to him.

The following users desperately need to be promoted to moderator status in order to restore some control on bigfooty:

lioness
dr_nick
dyertribe
SaveFeriss

The following users should be issued with guidelines they need to follow for the next two months. In an elimination contest, at the end of the two months you decide who is ready to take the next step up and become a mod. The contenders are:

Mantis
Ari
Nic
bunsen_burner
DB10
Petrie_Dish
Karbassiyoon
silky-smooth
Russian
Ricketts

I hope you take this suggestion seriosly.

TP

Karbassiyoon said:

TP

You write comedic tripe yet expect a "serios" reply?

Thats Power said:
Temporary suspension ROFL! its not a good idea to preach Fred or Appleyeard ;)

Self-titled. Wouldn't take much to make it true though.

Should ask people before you put their names forward, apart from the fact I don't want to be a mod, it wouldn't happen even if I did want to. ;)

Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe closer to the 2005 season we'll shuffle around some mods. Some aren't as active as they could be and others need help while yet others could be upped to admin to help out across the whole forum.

Appleyard said:
Thanks for the suggestion.

Will you be able to find an opening for teddie in the re-shuffle? It would be fulfilling a lifelong ambition for the young man.

Fred said:
You write comedic tripe yet expect a "serios" reply?
dear oh dear fred

can't pick on the real matter at hand, so congrats on correcting my spellnig

you jenius

skipper kelly said:
liar liar

No I'm not, do a search going back a few years when they first called for mods for all the boards, because at that stage there were only two, my name was one put up for the Bombers board & I declined then, I still feel the same. :p

I haved saved you the trouble SK, here is the proof.

Thread: Moderators View Single Post
13-04-2001, 13:08 #4
mantis

Thanks for that mags but I decline, stealth gets my vote too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just like BFSC members, Admins have access to the BF equivalent of Harry Potter's invisibility cloak. Just because you dont see them, doesn't mean they aren't there.

Karbassiyoon said:
bunsen_burner
Karbassiyoon

TP

you just blew your chances of anyone taking this seriously with the nomination of those two :rolleyes:

Thanks for the PM appleyard, but I must decline your offer of full administrative powers. As my role on BF is imparting my wisdom in all facets of life, I feel a conflict of interest may arise if I accept. I also hear the cries of nepotism from the masses if I accept.

maybe next year but thanks again.

Cheers. :)

Frodo said:
Actually I think BB would make a good moderator, despite our differences of opinion.
Depends what you call good. If you consider no bannings, no censoring, no cautions for swear filter avoidance, and telling complainers (people who run crying to the mods) to build a bridge, then yes I would be a good mod.

We've had our differences, but I would openly support the elevation of BB to admin status.

bunsen burner said:
Depends what you call good. If you consider no bannings, no censoring, no cautions for swear filter avoidance, and telling complainers (people who run crying to the mods) to build a bridge, then yes I would be a good mod.
My view of a moderator is a pewrson who enforces a set of rules rather than makes the rules. That function is the site owners, although in most instances the owners encourage suggestions from moderators and implement some of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Open letter to administration of bigfooty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back