Preview Operation: "Bomber down"

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol - now you're got everybody at it Pie eyed.

And Behold, Rohan! I bring you tidings of great joy!:p

I see it only fitting that an adversary be regaled in poetry before the coup de gras comes silent as night.

"faint praise dances 'pon my lips,
as graceful to your heart the thin blade slips"

Some haiku quotes:

"We shall show mercy,
but we shall not ask for it"
-Sir Winston Churchill

On the other hand:

"Mercy has it's place,
as do cruelty and revenge"
-Meir Kahane

On mercy:

"Mercy's for the weak.
Finish him with a roundhouse"
Prick, Karate Kid

I see it only fitting that an adversary be regaled in poetry before the coup de gras comes silent as night.

"faint praise dances 'pon my lips,
as graceful to your heart the thin blade slips"

Very stylish, but more pertinent if,
as to your Bomber heart the thin blade slips.:thumbsu:

Very stylish, but more pertinent if,
as to your Bomber heart the thin blade slips.:thumbsu:

More aimed at coming foe than the Bombers specifically. Got them covered already.:D

I thought a haiku was meant to reference a season at some point..

You may well beat us.
But you won't win a flag.
Springtime Collywobbles.
Generally correct. The formal rules seem to be have relaxed over the years and now it seems all most anything goes....Haiku=Short poem.
LOL.
At least you're getting in the spirit.:thumbsu:

A relly short poem?

Fleas.

Adam had em".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been getting into a hell of a lot more than the spirits this season. :(
Maybe you should be passing some of that on to your coach, well let's face it, it couldn't make him any worse.:p:D

Somehow the Bombers seem to pull it out for the best clubs and then go holidays on the weak and mid ranged clubs.
Means we might have to exert ourselves for a half.

This from the AFL website sums up what 'should' happen:

One word. Collingwood. The Pies’ best player - Dane Swan or Alan Didak (you pick) - is better than anyone Essendon has on its list, while Collingwood’s depth is the envy of its rivals. Mick Malthouse’s team is disciplined, determined and works just as hard defensively as it does when it has the ball. That combination means trouble for whoever they play.

No danger of us dropping our guard here, I think next week and the Crows game might be the danger game, especially after most of the players go away on their well earned "retreat" mid week.

I loved the fact that even after virtually thumping the flag favourites, Mick still states he wasn't entirely happy with the performance, and there is still room for improvement. These comments were echoed by Luke Ball, Jolly and Maxwell in interviews/shows post game also.

We won't have a "let down" this week, next week may be a bigger concern.

On a side note, did anyone see Essendon players having to wear protective training suits just so they could do contact drills at training?

Just seems funny that you would rather not wear any protection at training, so when the game comes your body is more accustomed to getting hit and can recuperate and cope better.

Memo to Essendon, you won't have pads on during the match on Friday Night, but you will be hit about 5 times as hard as you were at training.:D

No danger of us dropping our guard here, I think next week and the Crows game might be the danger game, especially after most of the players go away on their well earned "retreat" mid week.

I loved the fact that even after virtually thumping the flag favourites, Mick still states he wasn't entirely happy with the performance, and there is still room for improvement. These comments were echoed by Luke Ball, Jolly and Maxwell in interviews/shows post game also.

We won't have a "let down" this week, next week may be a bigger concern.

On a side note, did anyone see Essendon players having to wear protective training suits just so they could do contact drills at training?

Just seems funny that you would rather not wear any protection at training, so when the game comes your body is more accustomed to getting hit and can recuperate and cope better.

Memo to Essendon, you won't have pads on during the match on Friday Night, but you will be hit about 5 times as hard as you were at training.:D

Like playing a game with 22 blokes in the side, not 21!

I hate Collingwood,
But their quality football
Now demands respect

I don't like Collingwood, which is nothing new for Collingwood fans to hear from a non-Pies supporter, but damn you guys are playing a good brand of footy at present. It is really good to watch, fast, tough and skillful.... it'd be a good game Friday night if we could bring the tough and skilful components but alas.....

Whilst I don't exactly want Collingwood to win a flag, it would be good to no longer be the only club that has lost a GF to the Pies since the 1950s. So for all it's worth, I'll almost be barracking for you guys if you make it to the last day of Sept. Good luck to yas, this season is your best chance since 1990 for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back