So he settle for Hawk on his fork.

That's a limerick.....

Haiku....Haiku.....geez, where's the "stamp feet in frustration" emoticon.:D

The was a young Magpie from Cork,
Who espied a young Hawk he would Pork,
He put on the hard word, away ran the bird,
So he settle for Hawk on his fork.

That's a limerick.....

Aha! Just when I'd given up and resorted to Milton. Will now revert to the superior poet, but think I'll forgo the Limerick. Limerick is the dampest spot in Ireland.

Aha! Just when I'd given up and resorted to Milton. Will now revert to the superior poet, but think I'll forgo the Limerick. Limerick is the dampest spot in Ireland.

I had the Haiku at the ready and was waiting for the thread....but it did not come.
Folks are looking to the first final already.

Great work pie eyed

We'll crush em

Like your enthusiasm, but I'm not on this week.

Hawks will win and win well. Last week worried me a lot. I'm worried the players are tiring, but hopefully they prove me wrong.

I think with Spring only days away, this might be about right;

Winter's grasp loosened,
The Pies set free,
Life renews.:D

Basically stating that as winter ends, we are coming out of our "slumber" (Adelaide game) and will reach our heights (life) again.

Hawks will win and win well. Last week worried me a lot. I'm worried the players are tiring, but hopefully they prove me wrong.
It's a tradition in such threads that i start off by saying we'll crush, kill, maul them etc

Im just glad everything is sown up by round 22 personally

A crisis of faith perhaps?

I reckon we are ripe for a loss, but....are we still that team?

All will be revealed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A crisis of faith perhaps?

I reckon we are ripe for a loss, but....are we still that team?

All will be revealed.

I think we use this round to send out some knuckle-men to deliver some knife edge-chops, atomic knee drops, reverse clothes-lines and superflexes.

If Freo beats carlton on friday night Hawks will have nothing to play for, plus Hodge won't play.

In any case , we are a better team than them, everything points to our win even if we rest a few.

If Freo beats carlton on friday night Hawks will have nothing to play for, plus Hodge won't play.

In any case , we are a better team than them, everything points to our win even if we rest a few.

Heya PB,

Just a quick pointer that, while perhaps unlikely, Hawks will still have a home finals chance if Freo do get up over Carlton but they will be relying on the Lions to beat the Swans - so we'd still want to try and win to at least give ourselves a shot if the Lions do get up.

Should be a cracker boys :thumbsu:

The boys had the loss "they had to have" against the Crows, well kinda, so now it's time for Brown Hawk down. They're yella too aren't they?

Two birds of prey
Frantic, fearful, flurry o feathers
Who won the day??

Rd. 4 was hardly a true representation of Hawthorn, we will surely face a stern test from a more determined outfit.

Our boys have been single minded and strong - win or lose there will be no better way to tune up leading into September!

I would not be surprised in the slightest if we drop this game.

It must be incredibly hard for the boys to focus on this totally meaningless game. We know who our first finals opponent is and that just has to be distracting.

The Hawks on the other hand do not know who they are playing so don't have that distraction.

I can't help but think about that farcical game last year against the Dogs in round 22 where most of our team played completely uncontested footy and ran about trying not to get hurt. I can see the same thing happening again to be honest. There will be thoughts of self preservation running through their heads and who can blame them?

I have a bad feeling about this.

Without Presti it would be hard to stop Buddy but it would be great to see reid go on buddy, they are similar in height and it will be good for Reids impovement. Thats the main match up i am looking forward to watch assuming Reid plays.

I think with Spring only days away, this might be about right;

Winter's grasp loosened,
The Pies set free,
Life renews.:D

Basically stating that as winter ends, we are coming out of our "slumber" (Adelaide game) and will reach our heights (life) again.

Even in winter
If it needs explanation
It is not haiku

Heya PB,

Just a quick pointer that, while perhaps unlikely, Hawks will still have a home finals chance if Freo do get up over Carlton but they will be relying on the Lions to beat the Swans - so we'd still want to try and win to at least give ourselves a shot if the Lions do get up.

Should be a cracker boys :thumbsu:

True, but i was thinking about the most likely scenario.

Just hope for no injuries :thumbsu:

I must counsel you lads to avoid the Limerick. It's best suited to lesser clubs. We're bound for glory. Try the heroic couplet.

Tsk tsk tsk, being snobby towards the limerick Snag. Shouldn't we love all poetry? Besides we're not all schooled in the particulars of various poetry formats like you Snag :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back