No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XL

Remove this Banner Ad

It is not really the Hawks high draft picks making the difference. There would be a number of factors but player wise the main drive is coming from players picked in the 21-75 range or rookie type picks + about 8 middling type of B and C grade recruits mostly acquired in vaguely similar trades to Koschitzke or uninspiring Free Agents. Meek, Frost, Amon, Impey, Ginnivan, Chol, D'Ambrosio, Scrimshaw, Meek.

They have a terrific coach and a superb but largely unheralded High Performance Manager in Burge. But their list of uninspiring recruits from other clubs probably tells us we shouldn't be afraid to look for average looking performers at other clubs who can fulfil needs for us.
Yea that might he be so. But the ingredients of the draft position even for second and third rounders are from finishing at the bottom form 2-3 years. Nothing good can come from going mid table - didnt work for us finishing mid table in the past pre 2004.

And a highly overrated Coach. They need to move him on to have any chance of realising their full potential. How he got them to a flag is beyond belief, umps helped in the GF, but have never rated him as a coach
Think their window is closing. Their midfield who were the best going around is on the decline.

The two moments that cost GWS the game in the last 3 minutes, Connor Idun had a chance to kill the ball but decided to try and mark it, they were 2 on 1 but Papley won the ball and Heeney kicked the goal to tie it up.

The second one, GWS had a chance to go a goal back up. There was a nice kick to Josh Kelly in the fwd 50 but when you're typically, not a hard-at-it player you do the soft approach he waited as he thought the ball would just magically fall in his hands, but not to be and the swans cleared it away whereas he should've attacked the contest knee in the back and mark the ball as he had the sit, bottom line kelly should've been shooting for goals.

Swans players attacked the contest like crazy. They wanted it that much more.

I did say either of these teams can beat the Cats in the prelim, well GWS should beat either of the lions or blues and set up a prelim showdown with the Cats at the G
Giants trying to shut the game down with 5 minutes to go cost them the game.

Giants trying to shut the game down with 5 minutes to go cost them the game.
They tried shutting it down right at start of last q
Was insane

No way that was Kingsley’s instructions, surely not

They tried shutting it down right at start of last q
Was insane

No way that was Kingsley’s instructions, surely not
I don’t know if they tried to shut it down that early. The game certainly opened up and they looked out on their legs.

I reckon they’ll be back and won’t be surprised if it’s an all Sydney GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t know if they tried to shut it down that early. The game certainly opened up and they looked out on their legs.

I reckon they’ll be back and won’t be surprised if it’s an all Sydney GF.
Hawks will beat swans
Bloody hope giants get to granny
Would be epic to see them knock out cats at mcg

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back