No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XL

Remove this Banner Ad

theres only one bloke on the giants forum with like 20 accounts. AFL pays him to make it look like people give some sort of shit.
Is a regular on here.I won't say his name but it sounds like Mrs Tragic.

Brett Daniels, you cost your team the game. Gives away a 50 which results in a goal, then GWS gets a free on the edge of the goal square a certain goal but selfish Daniels decides to take the advantage and misses an off-the-ground kick from 2 meters out. Instead of going back out to a 25-point lead, they are only in front by 19 points.
The Lions kick the next goal, (2 goal turn around) and the lions gain momentum and go on to kick the next 3 to win the game.
What is it with Small fwds costing their side.
First it was Jack "See you in 2 weeks"Ginnivan.

The Giants will lose fans after that wasted season.
Kingsley needs to be put under pressure. Why did they change the way they were playing in the last?
He can't coach/handle tight games.
Fans?

Joe Daniher has 23 goals 6 goals assists from 10 finals. This compares very favourably with great key forwards of the era. It is well ahead of Jack Riewoldt, Lynch, Hawkins, Josh Kennedy for example. Daniher is playing a bit of ruck as well. Tonight he produced several match-winning contest wins against a great defender. In last years GF he beat Darcy Moore hands down. It is hard to twist that into a player who hasn't achieved anything of substance. Playing well in finals is the best thing any player can do.
Wouldn't be lost on him that if he stayed at essendon he'd still be winless in finals.

The giants are in a good position now. They are getting finals experience, amd they also aren't getting top draft picks in like we weren't from 2017 onwards. It means they can have a settled team, just a few in and out, and preseason to develop more. They are in a good spot.
They were gifted draft picks since they were hatched by the AFL which has led too ONE grand final appearance since then.
They on a regular basis get and xtra 1st rnd each year by selling off a best 25 player(All designed by the afl)yet here they are once again a failed unit.
Good spot my ass.
They play like individuals.
Once there Core retire(Ward/Greene/Haynes/Whitfield etc they will be stuffed.Whats the afl going to do then?Who's gonna watch them oh yeah 100 die hards.
Least the NRL weren't stupid enough to put a 2nd NRL side in Melbourne.

Disagree.

Cats would rather be playing GWS.

Brisbane's MCG record is not as bad as some might think. They lost to Collingwood by a point when they had the game won with a minute to go in R23. Prior to that they beat Melbourne in R5. Their last 2 games at the 'G in 2023 was a loss by under a kick in the GF and a 1 point loss to Melbourne prior to that. It's just about now or never for the Lions.

And Geelong are no super team. It's a long, long time ago; but I recall the 1973 prelim against Collingwood when we were 45 points down mid way through the 2nd quarter and got up and won. Similarly, Essendon in the 1993 prelim when they came back from a similar margin. Both teams had a massive spur for the following weeks game. Brisbane will too.

I reckon it will be a Sydney v Brisbane GF.
Hope you're right mate

History says Brisbane are still very much up against it and the break / fresh legs Geelong will have is a huge advantage

That's their problem. Their fans aren't ironed on. They're flakey.
I rarely pay more than $15 to see a Giants game. After I bought tickets earlier in the week, I got sent an offer of $50 for a family of 4. That's 2 adults and 2 kids for $50 for a final.
After the siren last night most Giants fans were annoyed, not devastated. It's not in their blood.

Keeping in mind next Friday night - the Swans will play Port in front of 40k people at the SCG.
At the same time, in the NRL Cronulla will play and they are begging to have the game moved away from the ground next to the SCG. Why? Because they will only draw a crowd of 15k for a final.

They were gifted draft picks since they were hatched by the AFL which has led too ONE grand final appearance since then.
They on a regular basis get and xtra 1st rnd each year by selling off a best 25 player(All designed by the afl)yet here they are once again a failed unit.
Good spot my ass.
They play like individuals.
Once there Core retire(Ward/Greene/Haynes/Whitfield etc they will be stuffed.Whats the afl going to do then?Who's gonna watch them oh yeah 100 die hards.
Least the NRL weren't stupid enough to put a 2nd NRL side in Melbourne.
They put a 2nd team in Sydney for one reason... The population of Sydney is moving west. The geographical centre of Sydney is Parramatta - 13 km further west than their Homebush home ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope you're right mate

History says Brisbane are still very much up against it and the break / fresh legs Geelong will have is a huge advantage
Pies traveled to WA in their first final in 2018 then had a gruelling second final against GWS in the wet. When we met them in the prelim they looked recharged and we were flat footed.

The week off before a prelim can sometimes be a disadvantage, especially when Geelong had a week off before Port (who were witches hats) and had another week off after Port.

They will have played one game (a bruise free encounter) of footy since 24th of August and it will be the 21st of September on Saturday. That game they played on the 24th of August prior to Port was another bruise free encounter against a dreadful checked out WCE and was a 100 point belting. The game before that they lost to St Kilda.

No one has the AFL world more fooled than Geelong do right now. They are a dog shit football team and have no business being in a prelim. GWS, Dogs, Carlton, Hawthorn, Collingwood and Melbourne are all better teams than them. You could also make a case for Freo. A blessed run with injuries, some arsey results/things falling their way and a soft draw has them where they are right now.

Brisbane will beat them. I am sure of it. Geelong will not be finals hardened and will be running into a team full of momentum and belief with nothing to lose. If people think Brisbane will be complacent after beating GWS then they have short memories. That GF loss would still be burning inside them.

Is it worse that I want Essendon to win next year? 😁 You guys have nothing to worry about in that department though. Not a threat
You must live in Sydney, or at least somewhereinterstate, no way you could be from Vic with those kind of feelings towards those clubs as a true Tigers man

They put a 2nd team in Sydney for one reason... The population of Sydney is moving west. The geographical centre of Sydney is Parramatta - 13 km further west than their Homebush home ground.
But its like putting another NRL side in melbourne.99.5% are still going to be AFL supporters.

Pies traveled to WA in their first final in 2018 then had a gruelling second final against GWS in the wet. When we met them in the prelim they looked recharged and we were flat footed.

The week off before a prelim can sometimes be a disadvantage, especially when Geelong had a week off before Port (who were witches hats) and had another week off after Port.

They will have played one game (a bruise free encounter) of footy since 24th of August and it will be the 21st of September on Saturday. That game they played on the 24th of August prior to Port was another bruise free encounter against a dreadful checked out WCE and was a 100 point belting. The game before that they lost to St Kilda.

No one has the AFL world more fooled than Geelong do right now. They are a dog shit football team and have no business being in a prelim. GWS, Dogs, Carlton, Hawthorn, Collingwood and Melbourne are all better teams than them. You could also make a case for Freo. A blessed run with injuries, some arsey results/things falling their way and a soft draw has them where they are right now.

Brisbane will beat them. I am sure of it. Geelong will not be finals hardened and will be running into a team full of momentum and belief with nothing to lose. If people think Brisbane will be complacent after beating GWS then they have short memories. That GF loss would still be burning inside them.
Hope you're right mate

Geelong are an ultra profession team, we may hate them but they're a good club/team and have a great coaching staff too.

That's their problem. Their fans aren't ironed on. They're flakey.
I rarely pay more than $15 to see a Giants game. After I bought tickets earlier in the week, I got sent an offer of $50 for a family of 4. That's 2 adults and 2 kids for $50 for a final.
After the siren last night most Giants fans were annoyed, not devastated. It's not in their blood.

Keeping in mind next Friday night - the Swans will play Port in front of 40k people at the SCG.
At the same time, in the NRL Cronulla will play and they are begging to have the game moved away from the ground next to the SCG. Why? Because they will only draw a crowd of 15k for a final.
I’ve been to a few games, and am yet to pay full price. They always do follow-up calls to see if I want to be a member.

I’d love to know their quarterly burn rate.

Money GIF

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back