No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Really liking what Adelaide are doing.

Cumming, Peatling and Neal-Bullen already coming into the squad. Three very good players.

As someone else said, do they now split 4 to get two first rounders to accomodate Peatling trade? They have given or will give Pick 25 for Neal-Bullen.

So far very smart list build. Will be an interesting watch this off season.
Maybe they will make it to 12th on the ladder next year

Why are these guys worth 1st rd picks
They're not.
But I think the compensation picks are decided based on what percentage of current player payments the contract they're signing falls into. However where I think things are falling apart is that the formula for compensation doesn't take into consideration the cap going up, so teams are offering these players what at the moment looks like a large salary but in a few years once the cap increases by enough, these players aren't earning a significant amount more.

They're not.
But I think the compensation picks are decided based on what percentage of current player payments the contract they're signing falls into. However where I think things are falling apart is that the formula for compensation doesn't take into consideration the cap going up, so teams are offering these players what at the moment looks like a large salary but in a few years once the cap increases by enough, these players aren't earning a significant amount more.
IMG_2030.jpeg

CFL,will remove it just before our guys get done

Season 4 Episode 10 GIF by Paramount+

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back