No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care what people say or think about Clangerfield, I can't stand him and his theatrics... He was better off at Adelaide, out of sight, out of mind!!!

1. You don't let players play after hits like that.
2. Hawkins isn't one of the best players lol

Friday night, centre wing, after not getting a free:

image.jpg

I’m only going by memory, but a key Adelaide player got the all clear from the match review panel for a worse incident going into the Grand Final. I think it was a deliberate bump on Dangerfield in their preliminary final.

But we never hear about that. It’s always “but, but, but, Cotchin”.
Rory Sloane I do believe.

"I've seen the (Hawkins) incident. What I will say is what I think in recent weeks in the AFL is moving away from suspensions," Dangerfield said.
"I agree with the AFL's approach. You want the best players out there playing so I'd hope there's consistency in that."
Flog look at me look at me

Gee that Dangerfield quote is downright ******* embarrassing.

If we had players coming out and saying s**t like that when our players got rubbed out I’d be livid.

He doesn’t even try and hide the type of campaigner he is. Kind of guy who ducks into the umps change room before the game and asks how the wives are and how the kids grades are going at school.

When he retires I look forward to seeing and hearing him in the media day in, day out.
NOT. :thumbsdown:

“Doesn’t mean it’s always intentional” fk off with that s**t

Any swing off the ball is intentional that’s what they told us after Houli is it not?
Seriously how the actual fu** was it only 1 week??!! Off the ball, swinging fist/wrist to the head/neck. Intentional, high, impact low or medium - you can argue medium with how groggy Schofield was after and the fact that he's a tough unit. Compare that to Soldo getting a week for a bloke running into him and he lifts his hands up...after he's already had other Hawks nuffs go at him.

If Porkins did that in regular season, it's 2-3 weeks at least. No doubt Geelong will argue and try to get it to careless (=fine). Regardless, I think we'll fu** up the cats anyway but s**t AFL, if you don't want to be known as corrupt af then get your s**t together and fix this MRO crap.
Was thinkign about it this morning. The system has been broken all year, and they haven't followed through on crackdown of 'punches won't be tolerated'.

My theory on this incident, it is worse than Houli hitting Lamb. Houli was careless and flushed him but did not have eyes on his target. Hawkins had clear eyes on his target and hit him from behind out of frustration.

The penalty should be on par with what Houli received, purely because Hawkins laid a 'King Hit' and was lucky his victim played out the game. I reckon the only reason West Coast wouldn't put delayed concussion in their medical report is because they are scared of being investigated and fined because they should have taken him off the ground and assessed him after viewing the incident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont think it was Hodge. Apologies if mistaken.
I’m not sure.

I think he got a sneaky hit in but i’m Not sure it was his hit that gave away the free think it may have been the other guy with the high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back